OT: The Menu - Part 4: Chocolate Milk Still Legit

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fire Tortorella

Formerly Flyersfan1406
Apr 2, 2010
PA
Been doing well with the MyFitnessPal app, losing about 1 pound a week just by tracking all the shit I eat and not over-snacking at night. Highest I got after college was 220, then I was hovering around 215. Doing this for about a little over a month and I'm down to 205, and that includes a week of business travel eating all my meals out. My goal is to get down to 195 and re-evaluate from there.

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
Been doing well with the MyFitnessPal app, losing about 1 pound a week just by tracking all the **** I eat and not over-snacking at night. Highest I got after college was 220, then I was hovering around 215. Doing this for about a little over a month and I'm down to 205, and that includes a week of business travel eating all my meals out. My goal is to get down to 195 and re-evaluate from there.

Nice going! :thumbu: When I started mine over in Thailand, I weighed myself every day to keep track of it, and I found that helped a lot - it helped me to see what my useless metabolism was and was not burning through efficiently. For me, I just ultimately learned that I can only eat salmon, but normal people should find out plenty by doing it.

Jtown

Oct 6, 2010
Fairfax, Virginia
Has anyone here ever had a cheesteak with wiz? I've never had it , my friends have never had it, my family has never had it. I've never even seen it outside of geno's and pat's. How the F did a cheesteak with wiz become popular to people outside of the city. It's like going to maine, having a lobster tail dinner and putting ketchup on the lobster.

BigToe

Robocop sucks
Jan 6, 2018
Philly
Has anyone here ever had a cheesteak with wiz? I've never had it , my friends have never had it, my family has never had it. I've never even seen it outside of geno's and pat's. How the F did a cheesteak with wiz become popular to people outside of the city. It's like going to maine, having a lobster tail dinner and putting ketchup on the lobster.
Never had it either. I always get American.

Young Sandwich

Trout & Hockey
Sponsor
Dec 13, 2015
Outerspace

It's one thing to say you've never had it, but never seeing it anywhere other than Geno's and Pat's is outrageous. It's everywhere. I agree it's not the way a cheesesteak should be eaten, but it's not at all uncommon.

Steve's liquid American is the best, although I just saw that place Mike's BBQ is making liquid Cooper sharp, which I need to try asap. I've made my own to put on venison cheesesteaks in the past, but never seen it in the wild.

Reactions: JojoTheWhale

Jtown

Oct 6, 2010
Fairfax, Virginia
It's one thing to say you've never had it, but never seeing it anywhere other than Geno's and Pat's is outrageous. It's everywhere. I agree it's not the way a cheesesteak should be eaten, but it's not at all uncommon.

Steve's liquid American is the best, although I just saw that place Mike's BBQ is making liquid Cooper sharp, which I need to try asap. I've made my own to put on venison cheesesteaks in the past, but never seen it in the wild.

Had steve's a few times, I'm not a fan of it sliced. I need the beef shredded.

JojoTheWhale

CORN BOY
May 22, 2008

Yeah, it's fairly common. I tried it once because I wondered if I was the one missing out. I gave it away and ordered one with provolone after a bite. It's as nasty as it sounds.

Reactions: Jtown

YEM

Mar 7, 2010
the local [philly] places always seem to just overload it wit wiz
swamped wit wiz=no good
A LITTLE BIT OF WIZ is fine by me
but that never happens so I just go with the provolone

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train

I've had it from a street cart.

Jtown

Oct 6, 2010
Fairfax, Virginia
Wiz haters? I need to ignore this thread.

i don't hate the fact that people get it. If it was a niche, then i could accept it. What I don't accept is how people from outside of the city think that is the norm, when in my experience cheesteaks with wiz is not the norm.

Amorgus

Sep 22, 2017
Rochester NY
There was a Philly Cheesesteak place in Alexandria Bay that used the wiz. That's a little too "authentic" for me. I'd prefer provolone but can deal with American cheese.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad