OT: The Menu - Part 4: Chocolate Milk Still Legit

Status
Not open for further replies.

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
Tiny little brain here, how do you tell if it’s fresh other than going out and catching one yourself

It does tend to "sweat slime" a bit, too - if you look at enough of them, you can sometimes see when their insides have been outside their bodies for too long. The opposite problem is nearly as bad, though - the frozen fillets you buy at the store often have had the goodness just flashed out of them and you may as well be cooking a brick. Best thing to do is go someplace you trust, a restaurant that looks nice and prices things at a slightly above-average rate - you can be fairly sure (probably) that they will take care with their fish, because it is sensitive to mishandling.

EDIT: I typed in "restaurant," but that's only because I'm stupid - I meant grocery store.

Last edited:
Reactions: Young Sandwich

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
For my keto guido's! Did some cooking tonight.
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
You got a nice cook on that fish, I can tell. :thumbu:
The one piece on top that has the nice darkness, was from the 2nd batch I cooked. I ate the rest of it...lol.

Doing the keto thing, I didn't want to use any flour. So I cooked 1 batch without anything and then 1 batch trying almond flour for time. I wasn't sure how it was going to taste so didn't want to ruin the whole batch. And to my surprise, it was fantastic! Gave a nice crust and did not taste like "nuts" like I thought it might.

But I will definitely cook with it again.

The last picture....turkey breast and wings turned out great too! Tons of flavour.

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
The wings were tasty this past year.

I'm pretty sure I caught a minor case of food poisoning from some wings last night. I didn't eat them straight off a chicken, but we got some (cooked) from the market a while ago and put them in the freezer - I warmed up four of them yesterday and ate them with wing sauce, then fell asleep, then spent the first part of the evening on the throne.

Chinatown88

Daniels QB3
Jan 17, 2012
The Universe
I'm pretty sure I caught a minor case of food poisoning from some wings last night. I didn't eat them straight off a chicken, but we got some (cooked) from the market a while ago and put them in the freezer - I warmed up four of them yesterday and ate them with wing sauce, then fell asleep, then spent the first part of the evening on the throne.

I knew you were the King of the North!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad