The Menu Part 13 The Reese's Edition and Defect Impeachment Trial

Status
Not open for further replies.

FlyingPhilly

Mar 3, 2013
Philly
You need the egg. It's a must have. I'm also partial to the preserved bamboo shoots whose name I can never remember and wood ear mushrooms.

Hot Pot is the GOAT, but ramen is great.

Hot pot is really awesome too!

AujteIQ_d.jpg

Bask in the glory of this ramen, heathens.

Did you make this? Looks phenomenal!

Reactions: JojoTheWhale

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
Anything but. But arent you old types supposed to love your daily breakfast of eggs and bacon? Creatures of habit, and all.
Why would I eat an overrated product everyday?

We usually have a "breakfast" together 1 time a week at most. Every other day, I don't eat until lunch.

47 is old now? :(

Reactions: Starat327

Lord Defect

Secretary of Blowtorching
Nov 13, 2013
There used to be a Chinese restaurant in Levittown, named Hung Luck, and yes giggle now before reading on. They had the absolute best paper chicken. I have no idea what they did, and I cannot find a good recipe for it, if that’s even the name of the menu item; but god was it good.

DancingPanther

Foundational Titan
Sponsor
Jun 19, 2018
There used to be a Chinese restaurant in Levittown, named Hung Luck, and yes giggle now before reading on. They had the absolute best paper chicken. I have no idea what they did, and I cannot find a good recipe for it, if that’s even the name of the menu item; but god was it good.
f*** you eating paper for bruh

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
Disagree. Korean restaurants have the best chicken I have ever tasted. Way better than cfa, popeyes, etc

Yeah, this is the truth and I live in the DC area's Little Korea. It also means that they make things legitimately spicy. Actual spicy.

Even our Bonchon ups their spice. I can eat an entire order of their spicy wings from a location near my office, but their spicy wings here make me wonder if I'm having a medical emergency

JojoTheWhale

CORN BOY
May 22, 2008

Try a place that advertises themselves as Cantonese. It’s s regional specialty.

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
It was warm enough to grill so dinner was chorizo.

Thinking I'll be getting Korean chicken for lunch now. I tried this place's moderate spice last time so I may as well get the f***ing mega spice.

Why do I do these things to myself.

Reactions: Defect

Lord Defect

Secretary of Blowtorching
Nov 13, 2013
Try a place that advertises themselves as Cantonese. It’s s regional specialty.
So the first google result for paper chicken recipe, has the chicken looking very well done. While it looks delicious, the paper chicken I had was done up in super thin, triangular tin foil set ups.
Since you’re aware that paper chicken is regional, I’m guessing you know more than I do. Was or could the chicken I had have been some bo bo knockoff recipe that was just named paper chicken or are there variations?

Reactions: Beef Invictus

GapToothedWonder

Dec 20, 2013
Paris of the Praries
Country Pride at TA
Iron Skillet at Petro

2 very good places that are best home made meals while on the road.

I was in Troy , IL TA ( STL ) for today's breakfast.

Thought about going to the all star event.

Lou I love you. I hope you are finding ways to take care of your health of the road. I also work on the road and know it's a very hard thing to do. But very important for you and more importantly the loved ones in your life.

Reactions: Beef Invictus

JojoTheWhale

CORN BOY
May 22, 2008
So the first google result for paper chicken recipe, has the chicken looking very well done. While it looks delicious, the paper chicken I had was done up in super thin, triangular tin foil set ups.
Since you’re aware that paper chicken is regional, I’m guessing you know more than I do. Was or could the chicken I had have been some bo bo knockoff recipe that was just named paper chicken or are there variations?

I've seen it listed as Gift-Wrapped Chicken when it was done it foil. I'm going to guess that it's just variations in the marinade that made that one better, so it may just be an issue of playing around with that.

Reactions: Defect

YEM

Mar 7, 2010
if the Koreans ever get into the fast-food chicken world, chikfila will go the way of Roy Rodgers. They should stop trying to be so nice and figure out how to use some spices for their bland jebus chicken. Then again, their average customer is the soccer mom and her kiddos so maybe bland & flavorless is part of their plan...

gertbfrobe16

Feb 3, 2018
old man breakfast= two eggs over easy,bacon, sausage, scrapple, homefries/hashbrowns and two blueberry pancakes. also lots of butter, maple syrup, coffee and a large glass of cold milk.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad