The Menu 18th Edition The Daymond Lankow/ Surrounded by Ahos Steak Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Surrounded By Ahos

Las Vegas Desert Ducks Official Team Poster
Sponsor
May 24, 2008
Koko Miami

Forgot about Poole's. I've been once, and it was pretty good, but something about it rubs me the wrong way. It's like the inverse of the Angus Barn. Like I said, AB is very fancy but feels down to earth. Poole's acts like they're being down to earth, but put a very 'fancy' spin on things. Just look at this block from their website:

pooles.png

I'm pretty sure just reading that made one of those hipster knit beanies spontaneously appear in my closet.

wankstifier

All glory to the harvest god
Jun 19, 2018
Forgot about Poole's. I've been once, and it was pretty good, but something about it rubs me the wrong way. It's like the inverse of the Angus Barn. Like I said, AB is very fancy but feels down to earth. Poole's acts like they're being down to earth, but put a very 'fancy' spin on things. Just look at this block from their website:

View attachment 450746

I'm pretty sure just reading that made one of those hipster knit beanies spontaneously appear in my closet.

Yeah, all the AC restaurants follow a different theme and there's a lot of care put into presentation. There are definitely frills, but the food is tasty enough. Her pizza joint kinda annoyed me, though.

Lord Defect

Secretary of Blowtorching
Nov 13, 2013
Not once was my name used as an insult. I’m going to have to try being, I don’t know. Not me?

ajgoal

Almost always never serious
Jun 29, 2015
We tried doing a veggie garden again this year and have more zucchini than we know what to do. And not the puny grocery store ones too—size of an adults forearm. So trying new things with them.

View attachment 450786

Chorizo, peppers and onions in a zucchini boat. With one of my favorite recurring ipas.

Yeah, that's sort of the thing with zucchini. One plant and you have way more than enough. Same thing with eggplant.

Young Sandwich

Trout & Hockey
Sponsor
Dec 13, 2015
Outerspace
Alright, I'll take your word for it, bur down here, Kirkland isn't known for authentic quality.
There's a lot of Kirkland brand stuff that is actually legit. Just need to know which of their stuff is. We just got a Costco membership so I'll do some research.

We got their premade taco platter the other day and it was delicious. Cubed chicken, tortillas, cilantro crema, salsa, shredded cabbage, cheese, and limes. $14 for the whole thing and my wife and I were stuffed afterwards.

Reactions: Surrounded By Ahos
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad