The media is angry at the Vegas twitter account | upd: Vegas apologizes, page 13, post #305

Status
Not open for further replies.

CMDEADLY

Jun 6, 2014
It is political to accuse the press of being dishonest. It’s one of those grey areas, that gives one the benefit of the doubt. Not every news source is respectable. Howevee the ones that are do not get ahead for being dishonest. I’ll leave it at that.

MikeyMike01

U.S.S. Wang
Jul 13, 2007
Hell
He is serious and it is a very serious accusation.

It directly attacked the professionalism of all of those journalists. As someone that has spent a lot of time in press boxes over the years, this is not done and to suggest it was besmirches the integrity of that group.

That implies journalists are capable of having integrity.

Reactions: Mount Suribachi

ktulu98

Nov 24, 2005
slovakia
So the whole thing is about Nashville journalist clapping hands after Nashville scored a goal against Vegas right?

Aaaaand what? It is forbidden to do so or?

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
This is ridiculous, are people that overly sensitive about everything now?

Those whiny people asking for an apology must have been easily rustled up in school.

Armourboy

Hey! You suck!
Jan 20, 2014
Shelbyville, TN
This is ridiculous, are people that overly sensitive about everything now?

Those whiny people asking for an apology must have been easily rustled up in school.

So if an employee where you worked made something up that could affect your employment status you wouldn't be up in arms with that individual?

Pilky01

Jan 30, 2012
GTA
HFBoards never disappoints with its hot takes for 12 year olds.

The Vegas Twitter account is a great example of why I hate corporations trying to be 'cheeky' on social media.

Shit on hard working, precariously employed reporters, a little casual misogyny, all in a days work for the Vegas Twitter douche.

Reactions: PeterSidorkiewicz

PeterSidorkiewicz

HFWF Tourney Undisputed Champion
Apr 30, 2004
Lansing, MI
I have no respect for journalists or journalism. All of it is nothing but sensationalism, selected reporting, editing to present the POV of what the overlords want - it is nothing but a farce.

What you just wrote is completely sensationalist. Sounds like you should be a journalist!

There are great journalists out there and great publications in which you can read. All it takes is the tiniest bit of effort to research, but no, "all of it is nothing but sensationalism" is where you decided to take your terrible opinion. :laugh:

And no, I am not even close to being a journalist nor do I have a journalism degree.

WJCJ

Sep 27, 2017
One group is trying to be funny and light hearted. The other group is angry, holier than thou and overreacting. Welcome to 2017.

You know what? I am kind of sorry to single you out but your post is just the last straw for me. Just because you do not understand why this is serious to serious sports journalists does not make it not so.

That tweet is not funny, it doesn't come off as a joke, maybe if it was a joke and light hearted it would be different but it does not come off that way.

Talk about holier than thou, holy crap does that describe you people complaining about this.

That's right, welcome to 2017 where the people who complain about people having a problem with something are the biggest babies of all:laugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad