Proposal: The Matt Cullen Fan Club

theicebox

#MonixWatch
Jan 8, 2010
Pittsburgh
Just FYI: We're still accepting new members.

Also, I hope when Malkin returns, Cullen gets to keep the 'A'.

Last edited:

Dipsy Doodle

Rent A Barn
May 28, 2006
Cullen has become a Roberts-esque Pens folk legend.

It's just awesome watching the guy.

Nakawick

Minty Fresh
Apr 5, 2010
The Range
My only concern is that he will start slowing down, but he keeps himself in great shape. I can see him coming back if we don't win the cup this year, then again maybe he will play another 5 years. He works great with the kids and still has a scoring touch, great signing.

shureshot66

Aug 2, 2005
Retirement might be on Cullen’s mind this summer. His plan is simple. Cullen will sit down with his wife and children to discuss his future.

“I had no expectations going into this season,” Cullen said. “I knew it would be a smaller role for me. I didn’t know what to expect. But we’ll sit down as a family and figure it out. We’ll take our time.”

That’s fine with Rutherford.

If Cullen wishes to play in the NHL next season, the Penguins will be first in line to chat.

“We’ll worry about the off-season when we get there,” Rutherford said. “But I see no reason why we wouldn’t want him back next year.”

http://dkpittsburghsports.com/2016/04/08/this-postseason-is-special-for-cullen/

Dipsy Doodle

Rent A Barn
May 28, 2006
Bump.

Tied for lead in team scoring with 5 points in 6 games while Sid is out.

59.6% on faceoffs.

2:27 SHTOI/G.

Pound for pound, Cullen is the best vet pick-up we've ever had. I'd say he's the perfect 4th line center, but he's better than any 4th line center has a right to be.

Sideline

May 23, 2004
Bump.

Tied for lead in team scoring with 5 points in 6 games while Sid is out.

59.6% on faceoffs.

2:27 SHTOI/G.

Pound for pound, Cullen is the best vet pick-up we've ever had. I'd say he's the perfect 4th line center, but he's better than any 4th line center has a right to be.

It's early, but I'm getting ready to start this year's bring back Cullen movement.

mpp9

Dec 5, 2010
He's proof this league is full of idiots. How he didn't get offers from 29 other teams is beyond me. Best 4th line center in the game and it isn't close.

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
I'm already in the fan club, but I want to be in twice? I never thought he'd match production, but he's on his way. And every other thing he does on the ice is great. It's insane.

Dec 30, 2003
Visit site
Always like him even as a Ranger. Still insanely effective and I wouldnt mind seeing him on Malkins wing some nights. Maybe even next year too.

Im hoping Guentzel can find some time on the Pens while hes still around. I think of him as a Cullen type player.

mpp9

Dec 5, 2010
Always like him even as a Ranger. Still insanely effective and I wouldnt mind seeing him on Malkins wing some nights. Maybe even next year too.

Im hoping Guentzel can find some time on the Pens while hes still around. I think of him as a Cullen type player.

I'd like to see Sheary and Guentzel gets looks with Cullen this season. Even if it's at the expense of Kuhn.

Hagelin/Bonino and Cullen/Fehr are fine PK duos. I'd like to see us make our bottom two lines even more dangerous.

Throw Kunitz with Sid as another pairing at the end of PKs.

Shrimper

Trick or ruddy treat
Feb 20, 2010
Essex
He's proof this league is full of idiots. How he didn't get offers from 29 other teams is beyond me. Best 4th line center in the game and it isn't close.

Do we know he didn't get offers from other teams?

5 points in 6 games. Needs 23 points to have the most points for a player 40+ on the Penguins. Beating even Lemieux.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad