Proposal: The Matt Cullen Fan Club

Shrimper

Trick or ruddy treat
Feb 20, 2010
Essex
:yo:

I hope the Pens give him a front office job or assistant coaching job. I think he could really help in that department.

Scout for the Penguins for the college scene in Minnesota/Wisconsin would be a good shout.

Last edited:

molon labe

Jul 13, 2016
Florida
Was at the game Saturday (ugh) - a lot of Preds fans were asking who that number 7 was. I couldn't stop grinning. When I said that he was 39 everyone surrounding me got silent for a moment.

I actually downloaded Twitter THIS off-season specifically for updates regarding Matt re-signing... Really hope he has another great year. Thought he was a majorly understated part of the run last season.

Epic Neal Time

May 8, 2010
Pittsburgh, PA
Was at the game Saturday (ugh) - a lot of Preds fans were asking who that number 7 was. I couldn't stop grinning. When I said that he was 39 everyone surrounding me got silent for a moment.

I actually downloaded Twitter THIS off-season specifically for updates regarding Matt re-signing... Really hope he has another great year. Thought he was a majorly understated part of the run last season.

Didn't Cullen play multiple years in Nashville?

molon labe

Jul 13, 2016
Florida
Didn't Cullen play multiple years in Nashville?

Yes. 2 or 3. Not sure I could have blasted them on the spot had I remembered that... Can't judge a fanbase on 10 people but sheesh. :laugh:

In fairness we were sitting among what seemed like the lawyers and yuppies. The only couple I talked real hockey with were some Jets fans in their 40s or 50s.

Shrimper

Trick or ruddy treat
Feb 20, 2010
Essex
Toews goals in 2016: 15
Cullen goals in 2016: 14

Not sure that shows how good Cullen's been at scoring or how bad Toews's been.

molon labe

Jul 13, 2016
Florida
Toews goals in 2016: 15
Cullen goals in 2016: 14

Not sure that shows how good Cullen's been at scoring or how bad Toews's been.

I think Cullen has better intangibles as well. He mentored our youth and really kept the spark alive with the guys. His faceoffs and puck battles behind the net were instrumental in the cup chase.

Highly surprised he didn't ask for 10.5M in the offseason.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad