Not open for further replies.

PensPlz

Dec 23, 2009
Pittsburgh
x4kQlis.gif

Sums up the game.

sventington

Sep 18, 2013
Habs fan here. Was that not one of the hardest high scoring games to watch you have seen this year? Terrible officiating, goalies can't stop a ******* thing...yikes. We may have won, but it doesn't exactly leave me feeling great.

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
Habs fan here. Was that not one of the hardest high scoring games to watch you have seen this year? Terrible officiating, goalies can't stop a ******* thing...yikes. We may have won, but it doesn't exactly leave me feeling great.

Actually, hard to watch high scoring games are nothing new to us. :laugh:

MrBurghundy

I may be older but I'm never forgetting #47 & #41
Oct 5, 2009
I Love Scotch

Every game Bylsma is behind the Penguins bench doesn't exactly leave me feeling great.

MtlPenFan

Apr 14, 2010

It's ok. Neither of us are contenders, so we're in the same boat there.

Tell anyone who'll listen that the Pens have been a fraud for a while now.

Ugene Magic

EVIL LAUGH
Oct 17, 2008
Pittsburgh

Yeah...It was the Pens first game back and your Habs second in two days. Like the offense, but it sure was not pretty.

LetangInTheSO

Oct 17, 2008
Scattered thoughts (forgive my lack of exposition, I'm tired and frustrated):

- Crosby and Malkin were creating chances, but they're so damn undisciplined
- Neal looked hungry
- Our bottom 6 lacks an identity and are constantly hemmed in their own zone
- Maatta's poise is off the charts
- Orpik was our worst player tonight
- Engo would look great as a permanent fixture on the 4th line with Vitale and Glass
- Fleury didn't look good but he also wasn't as bad as the score indicates
- The dmen we iced tonight aren't skilled enough to project 100 ft. long bomb passes to our forwards. Our forwards need to provide puck support.
- The reffing in this game - both ways - was horribad

billybudd

Feb 1, 2012
Don't know if he has any apologists left, but

Can someone explain to me what Orpik does for this team (in a positive sense)?

Tonight I saw him

-pinch to the bottom of the circles, stay there for 30 seconds (forcing Kunitz to play D), then drop pass it for a turnover that turned into a 3 on 2

-feed Sid an obvious sucker pass when he had plenty of time to look over his options

-crush Brian Gionta directly into Marc-Andre Fleury's face (I was surprised Flower wasn't knocked unconscious)

-get turnstyled 2 or 3 times

Maybe I'm missing something with 44 and, if so, I'd like to know what the Hell it is.

Speaking Moistly

What a terrible image.
Feb 19, 2013
Injured Reserve

It was ugly, Bylsma has done worse and will do worse; I don't feel great either. The refs are just useless and allowed to be.

At least it wasn't your starter goalie? That's got to feel good.

canadianguy77

Apr 20, 2006

Tonight I saw him

-pinch to the bottom of the circles, stay there for 30 seconds (forcing Kunitz to play D), then drop pass it for a turnover that turned into a 3 on 2

-feed Sid an obvious sucker pass when he had plenty of time to look over his options

-crush Brian Gionta directly into Marc-Andre Fleury's face (I was surprised Flower wasn't knocked unconscious)

Maybe I'm missing something with 44 and, if so, I'd like to know what the Hell it is.

The first goal. I really laughed.

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
It's ok. Neither of us are contenders, so we're in the same boat there.

Tell anyone who'll listen that the Pens have been a fraud for a while now.

Look, right now, it's a two man show (Sid and Geno), with two guys who will help (Neal and Maatta), a guy who for the most part will have a good game (Nisky), and a pair of schizos who on balance are assets (Kunitz and JJ). Save those seven guys, I am hard pressed to find one redeeming quality with this team right now.

EDIT: ****, forgot Vitale. Please forgive me DV. It was an omission born out of frustration, not malice. :help:

Waffle Fries

Mar 7, 2013
I think Crosby, Malkin, Neal, Jokinen, and Maatta all looked good. Everyone else.. not so much.

It's pretty sad that Despres was in the press box despite being better than at least 4 of the defensemen we iced tonight.

metalan2

May 30, 2008
- Fleury

We ill be seeing a lot of playoff Fleury the closer it gets to the playoffs, so be prepared.

Honestly all he needed to do was make a few routine save and the Pens win this game easily. He is a liability, and I do no even think the Habs had any good scoring chances besides two of their goals. No pressure, everyting perimeter, and Fleury lets in six.

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005

Tonight I saw him

He's a leader.

penguins2946*

Maatta, Neal, and Sid were the only players I noticed. Really meh game

MtlPenFan

Apr 14, 2010
One thing I"m happy about is that I'm completely neutral towards this team for the first time in my life, and I'm including the early 2000's.

Hank Plank

Jun 5, 2012
Alberta
Was Bylsma ever a good coach? I don't get what management is thinking, you can see the playoff train wreck coming a mile away...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad