Online Series: The Mandalorian III- NO Politics-Mysterious disappearance of Cara Dune

KallioWeHardlyKnewYe

Hey! We won!
May 30, 2003
Star Wars does fantastic world building with sets, location and character design. That's always been pretty strong.

With words? Track record is spotty.

Reactions: Hivemind

Osprey

Feb 18, 2005
This. Case in point, Book of Boba Fett. He was great as this mysterious badass character, but then completely ruined him when they showed him as this old bald guy in his underwear.
For me, all of this Mandalorian backstory sort of ruins Boba Fett, as well. I never wondered or wanted to know what planet and culture he came from. I could go along with a show about a second Mandalorian, but I really could've done without seeing dozens more and learning about his people. It's like when you're watching one of Clint Eastwood's "Man With No Name" westerns. Explaining and showing where he came from would kind of ruin the character.

Also, IMO, Obi-Wan's mystique was hurt by seeing him depressed, out of touch with the Force and working a mundane job. Going back further, and since Hivemind mentioned that Lucas was guilty, too, Yoda's mystique was harmed by seeing him leaping around like a grasshopper and wielding a lightsaber in the prequels. I was happier when I couldn't imagine him being a Jedi.

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin
And people were complaining about the last season of Picard. Really bad season generally here. That episode with the droids was just painful. It was like they wanted to give fans of the prequels something to enjoy. As much as there are good things in the overall Star Wars universe, there is equally as much bad. And this is coming from someone who actually likes Grogu. Hopefully Andor is a sign of things to come even if it sticks out like sore thumb.

MikeyMike01

U.S.S. Wang
Jul 13, 2007
Hell
Imperials sure do love building walkways above vast drops with no handrails :biglaugh:

"Get to the drop ships!" - immediately after seeing Axe Woves jump pack his way up to the ship and immediately before they all jump pack to the drop ships. Why even bother with the drop ships when the packs get them everywhere anyway? They even abandon them once they get close to Bo Katan lol

The CG in this episode was, once again, distractingly poor at times. The big jetpack fights was terrible

Apparently the dark saber wasn't made from Beskar? lol

"Let's destroy all the vital systems on their capital ship, then completely ignore it as it crashes down into our base" - Tie pilots.

Filoni really likes his hat.

Seems like some of those Rangers of the New Republic plots are gonna be in the next season, too.

And to re-iterate my last post, the dialogue in this episode was god awful. "I am doing this now" pretty much the whole time. It's amazing when the character that can only press YES and NO buttons somehow has the most subtle dialogue in the show.

Ridiculous finale to an underwhelming season. Hopefully season 4 returns to what this show does best.

Agree, another awful train wreck. At least the last two episodes were entertaining train wrecks, which is more than most of the season was.

The show is unlikely to regain the magic of season 1, but at least they set things up for it to return to a similar format, without this dreadful Mandalore/Bo Kotan storyline.

This. Case in point, Book of Boba Fett. He was great as this mysterious badass character, but then completely ruined him when they showed him as this old bald guy in his underwear.

At least Book of Boba was bad enough to get some memes out of it. S3 of Mandalorian just makes you regret watching it.

Last edited:

MadDevil

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 10, 2007
Bismarck, ND
Boba Fett in the OT had badass armor but went out like a punk. I don't think the fact that we saw under the helmet as it were was a bad thing in itself, I think it was more that the show wasn't executed all that great. Fennec Shand was much more the badass of the show than Boba Fett was. Hell, I think Krsanntan, Cad Bane, and Cobb Vanth were all more of a badass than Boba was.

I think people wanted the Boba Fett we saw in season 2 of Mandalorian, and we only got that in smaller doses (Boba Fett riding a freaking rancor was awesome).

Reactions: Jussi

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House

She mentions that there was talk of adding more of Bo Katan's background but it became a choice between keeping the episodes shorter or adding more meat. The speech scene to unify the clans to go back to re-take Mand'alore was also originally much longer.

Last edited:

beowulf

Not a nice guy.
Jan 29, 2005
Ottawa
Supposedly there were a number of deleted scenes like the one below that would have made more of an emotional impact or added to the story.

Dec 29, 2004
At least Book of Boba was bad enough to get some memes out of it. S3 of Mandalorian just makes you regret watching it.
the-mandalorian-grogu.gif

TNT87

Jun 23, 2010
PA
I still haven't the watch the last 2 episodes yet. It's been such a chore to watch this season. Before, after watching episodes I couldn't wait until the next one came out. After the first 3 episodes it took about a month to watch the fourth one. Massively disappointed so far.

Reactions: Hivemind

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
I still haven't the watch the last 2 episodes yet. It's been such a chore to watch this season. Before, after watching episodes I couldn't wait until the next one came out. After the first 3 episodes it took about a month to watch the fourth one. Massively disappointed so far.
They're by far the best episodes of the season. 7 is top-5 in the entire show.

Last edited:
Reactions: TNT87

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad