Online Series: The Mandalorian III- NO Politics-Mysterious disappearance of Cara Dune

Hivemind

We're Touched
Oct 8, 2010
Philadelphia
Imperials sure do love building walkways above vast drops with no handrails :biglaugh:

"Get to the drop ships!" - immediately after seeing Axe Woves jump pack his way up to the ship and immediately before they all jump pack to the drop ships. Why even bother with the drop ships when the packs get them everywhere anyway? They even abandon them once they get close to Bo Katan lol

The CG in this episode was, once again, distractingly poor at times. The big jetpack fights was terrible

Apparently the dark saber wasn't made from Beskar? lol

"Let's destroy all the vital systems on their capital ship, then completely ignore it as it crashes down into our base" - Tie pilots.

Filoni really likes his hat.

Seems like some of those Rangers of the New Republic plots are gonna be in the next season, too.

And to re-iterate my last post, the dialogue in this episode was god awful. "I am doing this now" pretty much the whole time. It's amazing when the character that can only press YES and NO buttons somehow has the most subtle dialogue in the show.

Ridiculous finale to an underwhelming season. Hopefully season 4 returns to what this show does best.

Lt Dan

F*** your ice cream!
Sep 13, 2018
Bayou La Batre
youtu.be
Din Grogu!

1681936371492.png

MadDevil

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 10, 2007
Bismarck, ND
Good finale. My minor mostly inconsequential nitpick is going to be the jet packs. In the monster of the week episode they ran out of fuel chasing the bird, but here Axe flies all the way to the ship in orbit above the planet and they all seem to have unlimited fuel. The jet pack on jet pack combat did look pretty cool though.

Overall I think it was the weakest season so far, but I still had a lot of fun and that's really what this show is at it's heart IMO. It's basically getting the Star Wars toys out and coming up with cool adventures for them to go on. Speaking of toys, good lord the amount of action figures I want from this season...:laugh:

kingsfan28

Its A Kingspiracy !
Feb 27, 2005
Corsi Hill
Good finale. My minor mostly inconsequential nitpick is going to be the jet packs. In the monster of the week episode they ran out of fuel chasing the bird, but here Axe flies all the way to the ship in orbit above the planet and they all seem to have unlimited fuel. The jet pack on jet pack combat did look pretty cool though.

Overall I think it was the weakest season so far, but I still had a lot of fun and that's really what this show is at it's heart IMO. It's basically getting the Star Wars toys out and coming up with cool adventures for them to go on. Speaking of toys, good lord the amount of action figures I want from this season...:laugh:

Yeah, you could nitpick a bunch of stuff in the finale, but I was entertain, which is all I want. So what if the spy or the mythasaur weren't revealed [ if there even was a 2nd spy] , they were just a tease. Gideon was probably was just full of shit. I wasn't expecting Bo Katana or Mando to ride in on the Mythasaur and eat Moff Gideon in the last act like everyone was expecting. They ended this chapter of the mando just right. I'm not sure I could've taken another season of Koska Reeves pouting/scowl whenever they showed her and the night owls. Now we go back to the adventure of the week type stories which I liked, which means all new characters to the series.

And that dude in the hat in the bar, hiding in plain sight... :laugh:

Reactions: Bounces R Way

LarKing

Sep 2, 2012
Michigan
Loved the finale. Maybe all of the people who complained whenever anything happened that didn’t have instant gratification can shut up now. Pretty much everything was explained and made sense. I do think it was a weaker season for dialogue but happy with it overall.

Loved seeing IG-11 back. Definitely not the last we’re gonna see of him.

Reactions: Jussi

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
Yeah, you could nitpick a bunch of stuff in the finale, but I was entertain, which is all I want. So what if the spy or the mythasaur weren't revealed [ if there even was a 2nd spy] , they were just a tease. Gideon was probably was just full of shit. I wasn't expecting Bo Katana or Mando to ride in on the Mythasaur and eat Moff Gideon in the last act like everyone was expecting. They ended this chapter of the mando just right. I'm not sure I could've taken another season of Koska Reeves pouting/scowl whenever they showed her and the night owls. Now we go back to the adventure of the week type stories which I liked, which means all new characters to the series.

And that dude in the hat in the bar, hiding in plain sight... :laugh:
"The Spies" was actually a biblical reference, referring to Moses sending out spies to scout the Promised Land. "The Return" was Mandalorians returning to their Promised Land, Mand'alore.

Reactions: Osprey

kingsfan28

Its A Kingspiracy !
Feb 27, 2005
Corsi Hill
Loved the finale. Maybe all of the people who complained whenever anything happened that didn’t have instant gratification can shut up now. Pretty much everything was explained and made sense. I do think it was a weaker season for dialogue but happy with it overall.

Loved seeing IG-11 back. Definitely not the last we’re gonna see of him.

I want to see him break up a bar brawl! :laugh:

Osprey

Feb 18, 2005
That was an entertaining finale. It was nice to see Mando finally kick some butt. I'm glad that that story line is over, though, and that next season sounds like it could be more like the first.

Something that's a bit surprising is that the Dr. Pershing and Gideon spy subplot didn't really pay off after spending most of an episode on it.

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
That was an entertaining finale. It was nice to see Mando finally kick some butt. I'm glad that that story line is over, though, and that next season sounds like it could be more like the first.

Something that's a bit surprising is that the Dr. Pershing and Gideon spy subplot didn't really pay off after spending most of an episode on it.
Actually it did reveal that the Empire is very much alive and it's remnants or loyals to it have managed to infiltrate the New Republic, which was also revealed to be so weak than the First Order becoming a thing is no longer any surprise.

I think season 4 of this show and maybe season 2 of Ahsoka need to happen before the Filoni movie...? So there's likely to be some sort of set up for it in the season, despite the hinted episodic structure.

I get the feeling that some parts of the Ahsoka show will pick up on that sub plot and probably in a really awkward way
Probably just the Trawn parts. Feel like the Gideo nstory arc came to an end. (until they reveal it didn't :laugh: )

kingsfan28

Its A Kingspiracy !
Feb 27, 2005
Corsi Hill

The Dr. Pershing thing turned out to be just a red herring. They made it seem like it was going to be a bigger part of the series, when really all he was was a means to an end. Gideon needed the right tools and notes to finish his project, Dr. Pershing could get it for him. Thanks doc, now I'm going to fry your brain. Bye.

The Grogu thing at the end was really cool. That felt like a star wars moment.

Bounces R Way

Nov 18, 2013
Weegartown
Thought it was strong finale for the most part. Kind of wished they had another episode so they could properly sew up all the subplots for the season but the main story I think was finished well.

Also was hoping for a better space battle. They had a whole Mandalorian fleet there and like 6 TIEs scare them off? The reinforcements basically didn't do anything anyways. Dove into space, got in their spaceships, for some reason leave those spaceships that have big guns on them so they can hit people with hammers and shoot a cpl guys, and then they crashed the cruiser into the base. Which *** at this point Star Wars, is just a plot convention I could live without. I know your whole thing is recycling stuff but seriously the crashing your own ship into whatever to win the battle is beyond played out. It's just lazy at this point.

Overall I still enjoyed much of the season. Star Wars live action done right. I don't mind them tying new universe stuff together, or the way they've done it so far(other than in the new trilogy).

beowulf

Not a nice guy.
Jan 29, 2005
Ottawa
After an up and down season with side quests for future shows, I think this was a great finally for the season on many levels.

Imperials sure do love building walkways above vast drops with no handrails :biglaugh:

"Get to the drop ships!" - immediately after seeing Axe Woves jump pack his way up to the ship and immediately before they all jump pack to the drop ships. Why even bother with the drop ships when the packs get them everywhere anyway? They even abandon them once they get close to Bo Katan lol

The CG in this episode was, once again, distractingly poor at times. The big jetpack fights was terrible

Apparently the dark saber wasn't made from Beskar? lol

"Let's destroy all the vital systems on their capital ship, then completely ignore it as it crashes down into our base" - Tie pilots.

Filoni really likes his hat.

Seems like some of those Rangers of the New Republic plots are gonna be in the next season, too.

And to re-iterate my last post, the dialogue in this episode was god awful. "I am doing this now" pretty much the whole time. It's amazing when the character that can only press YES and NO buttons somehow has the most subtle dialogue in the show.

Ridiculous finale to an underwhelming season. Hopefully season 4 returns to what this show does best.
You are hilarious why do you even watch the shows? Come on...

Tawnos

A guy with a bass
Sep 10, 2004
Charlotte, NC
Thought it was strong finale for the most part. Kind of wished they had another episode so they could properly sew up all the subplots for the season but the main story I think was finished well.

Also was hoping for a better space battle. They had a whole Mandalorian fleet there and like 6 TIEs scare them off? The reinforcements basically didn't do anything anyways. Dove into space, got in their spaceships, for some reason leave those spaceships that have big guns on them so they can hit people with hammers and shoot a cpl guys, and then they crashed the cruiser into the base. Which *** at this point Star Wars, is just a plot convention I could live without. I know your whole thing is recycling stuff but seriously the crashing your own ship into whatever to win the battle is beyond played out. It's just lazy at this point.

Overall I still enjoyed much of the season. Star Wars live action done right. I don't mind them tying new universe stuff together, or the way they've done it so far(other than in the new trilogy).

I'm trying to remember another time besides TLJ where the good guys have crashed their ship on purpose to win a battle. Maybe I'm mistaken, and it is early in the day, but I legitimately can't remember another one.

(I just remembered they used this tactic in the Battle of Ryloth on TCW... so two other times... maybe there are others?)

Reactions: Lt Dan

Lt Dan

F*** your ice cream!
Sep 13, 2018
Bayou La Batre
youtu.be
I'm trying to remember another time besides TLJ where the good guys have crashed their ship on purpose to win a battle. Maybe I'm mistaken, and it is early in the day, but I legitimately can't remember another one.

(I just remembered they used this tactic in the Battle of Ryloth on TCW... so two other times... maybe there are others?)
ROTJ

LarKing

Sep 2, 2012
Michigan
Agreed, it's a pretty overdone thing. The one in TLJ was a slap in the face. Although I will say it looked visually beautiful.

Lt Dan

F*** your ice cream!
Sep 13, 2018
Bayou La Batre
youtu.be
I mean, you can say that... but in a quick survey of the other Star Wars fans whose desks are near mine in our office, none of them thought it was either.
The rest of the fanbase and Legends disagrees
At the climax of the battle, he was leading a strafing run of key locations on the Executor where he attempted to perform a trench run and took out several turbolasers[2] before point-blank fire struck the left side of his A-wing, sending it into a spin. Knowing that his fighter was critically damaged, Crynyd managed to regain enough control of his starfighter to sacrifice himself as he flew it into the unshielded bridge of Executor. The wedge shaped fighter penetrated the bridge and its large fuel reserve ignited in a fireball that annihilated the command tower, killing Crynyd, Admiral Piett and the entire bridge crew instantly.[3] With control lost, and in the middle of a battle maneuver, the mighty warship crashed into the second Death Star, thus turning the tide of the battle.[1]

Legacy​

He was posthumously awarded the New Republic Medal of Bravery, which was one of the New Republic's most prestigious honors. In addition to this, a new award for acts of conspicuous bravery during space-to-space fighting was created to honor him, known as the Crynyd Award. An Imperial-class Star Destroyer captured at the planet Milagro was also renamed Crynyd in his memory.

Attachments

• 1682100818721.png
    1682100818721.png
    35.7 KB · Views: 1

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad