The Management Thread | We live Page to Page here

Status
Not open for further replies.

AwesomeInTheory

A Christmas miracle
Aug 21, 2015
I predicted the Canucks to be a playoff team the last 2 seasons (and last year I predicted them to take a step back)...If you're going to whinge about me..at least get your facts straight.

It's deja vu all over again!

Management Thread. For a Few Dollars More: Gunslinger Edition, Pt II

My expectations are for the Canucks to get a playoff spot..Same as last year...I see that the doomsday prophesiers are out in full force here again...same as last year.

MS

1%er
Mar 18, 2002
Vancouver, BC

something about smoke, etc.

In the last year alone :

- the team's best defender in Schmidt demands a trade.
- Alex Edler who is 'Mr. Canuck' and has previously refused to waive his NTC and signed at a discount spurning the club because he wants to leave.
- JT Miller publicly calls out management for the 'shocking rebuild'.
- Pettersson and Horvat both throwing shade on management and last summer's decisions.
- Thatcher Demko forced to actively beg in the media for the team to retain his goaltending coach.
- Tanev and Stecher who were both hugely popular and at the center of the team's leadership group both furious with how they were treated by the team. Toffoli likewise writes an article expressing his disappointment with the way things turned out. All 3 guys are still super close with most of the current team.

That's, like, most of the core of this team over the last two seasons. No shit there are problems behind the scenes. And what we see publicly is probably only the tip of the iceberg.

Basically the only guys who haven't complained are the overpaid bums and the $700k fringe players.

AwesomeInTheory

A Christmas miracle
Aug 21, 2015
What are you?..the thread police..?.I did predict the Canucks to take a step back last year ..and I also predicted them to make the playoffs...I predicted both..

You were clearly making a distinction between 'playoff team' and 'taking a step back.' Even if you weren't, the Canucks were a 17th place team, so taking a step back would've meant them going from being in the playoff race to being out of it, unless there's some mystical interpretation of 'taking a step back' that I'm not getting.

So either way your statement doesn't make any sense.

Reactions: geebaan and Pavel96

RobertKron

Sep 1, 2007
In the last year alone :

- Alex Edler who is 'Mr. Canuck' and has previously refused to waive his NTC and signed at a discount spurning the club because he wants to leave.
- Pettersson and Horvat both throwing shade on management and last summer's decisions.
- Thatcher Demko forced to actively beg in the media for the team to retain his goaltending coach.
- Tanev and Stecher who were both hugely popular and at the center of the team's leadership group both furious with how they were treated by the team. Toffoli likewise writes an article expressing his disappointment with the way things turned out. All 3 guys are still super close with most of the current team.

That's, like, most of the core of this team over the last two seasons. No shit there are problems behind the scenes. And what we see publicly is probably only the tip of the iceberg.

Basically the only guys who haven't complained are the overpaid bums and the $700k fringe players.

When asked directly about the support he and his teammates have felt from the Canucks’ management and ownership, however, Horvat had an interesting response.
“The amount of support we got from the fans reaching out, our families, different people around the league was amazing,” said Horvat. “You need that kind of support to get through times like this and me personally, I felt really supported and people were always thinking about us and sharing that, so we’re really grateful for that.”
Perhaps Horvat misunderstood the question but it seems notable that he didn’t mention the Canucks organization at all when talking about the support he received while in isolation.
Canucks’ revised post-COVID schedule requires 19 games in 32 days - Vancouver Is Awesome

bossram

Sep 25, 2013
Victoria
In the last year alone :

It's been obvious that under Benning/Weisbrod the organization has been a shitshow. Especially as time has gone on and they've eliminated anyone with any shred of professionalism and credibility, leaving behind only the BenningBrod stooges.

Johnny Canucker

Jan 4, 2009
In the last year alone :

i was just gonna post this. Broken room. Trading Tanev and Marky who were friends with most the team outside the rink. Not signing Stetcher who was really close to Brock. I honestly feel like this team dislikes each other or at best doesn’t care much for each other and certainly doesn’t wanna go to war for each other. The culture is f***ed.
Starts at the top with the lying GMJB.

Reactions: vanuck and Hyzer

Hyzer

Jimbo is fired - the good guys won
Aug 10, 2012
Vancouver
It always make me chuckle when Benning always waxed eloquently about having culture and veterans during the beginning of his tenure.

Now our team culture is garbage because of that same man signing those exact garbage contracts. Makes me laugh.

What do you expect when you jettison all of the actual good players and performers and replace them with someone who makes more than them and is worse than them.

Johnny Canucker

Jan 4, 2009

Melvin

21/12/05
Sep 29, 2017
Montreal, QC
In the last year alone :

the bolded, in particular, hasn’t gotten nearly enough attention IMO.

like Edler basically saying he will sign anywhere but here is absolutely SHOCKING. That’s crazy. For years, all anyone would say was that he would never waive and refused to leave Vancouver. I can’t believe more people aren’t making a thing out of this.

Peen

Rejoicing in a Benning-free world
Oct 6, 2013
I really hope I’m wrong about how *average* I think this team is. I hope OEL has been secretly suppressing how elite he is for five years, Poolman is secretly Tanev, everything else they need to go right goes right.

Anyone with a brain can see what will likely go down IF things go poorly. Winning can mend a lot of things. If we don’t win, the mass exodus and the ensuing reset of trying to play the lottery game and more fake hope and everything is just completely undesirable.

Reactions: vanuck and geebaan

AwesomeInTheory

A Christmas miracle
Aug 21, 2015

like Edler basically saying he will sign anywhere but here is absolutely SHOCKING. That’s crazy. For years, all anyone would say was that he would never waive and refused to leave Vancouver. I can’t believe more people aren’t making a thing out of this.

I have been. The fact that he hasn't (to the best of my knowledge) been mentioned at all from management is disrespectful and the fact that he wasn't Cup chasing but willing to sign with a team that is in a comparable position or worse than Vancouver also says something.

I think there was one article from iMac summing up his time in Vancouver and that's been it.

I'm sure there'll be a nice ceremony when Edler comes back December 6, but the fact no one is really wanting to talk about Edler at all is really weird (again, unless I've completely missed something.)

RobertKron

Sep 1, 2007

Also Schmidt waiving for a location he had vetoed once it became apparent that the alternative might be remaining in Vancouver.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Toulouse vs Montpellier
    Toulouse vs Montpellier
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $246.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Hoffenheim vs RB Leipzig
    Hoffenheim vs RB Leipzig