racerjoe

Jun 3, 2012
Vancouver
upload_2021-8-20_18-14-22.gif

I am forced to write something…

Pip

Feb 2, 2012
Granduland
A lot of the Canucks young guys are still prospect age. Hoglander came from the same draft as Turcotte. Kupari came from the same draft as Hughes, and Clague is a 2016 pick. A lot of teams have "top prospects" that are just old as Pettersson, so a better comparison would be to go by age group.

Canucks have a great group that is still prospect age. Pettersson, Hughes, Rathbone, Hoglander, Podkolzin, Klimovich.

I mean sure, EP and Hughes are still young, but they are off their ELCs now and will no longer provide that great value on ELC contracts that is really important to fielding a top tier roster. I have some hope in Pod and Rathbone but compared to most other teams we have a lot less ‘in the system’ to replace players that fall off or are cap casualties.

rypper

21-12-05 it's finally over.
Dec 22, 2006
Quinn Hughes is one..Jack Rathbone will be an NHL D-man...Olli Juolevi we hope can be a 3rd pairing D man...If you are deficient in an area , you have to trade for one..How many everyday D-men did cup finalists Montreal and TB have on their rosters, that they drafted?

Who said anything about drafting?

Pastor Of Muppetz

Oct 1, 2017
Who said anything about drafting?
I did..we have Hughes, Rathbone and possibly Juolevi...If you are deficient in a position, you trade, from your position of strength and get what you need.

I honestly could care less how old the D men are...as long as they can play.

F A N

Aug 12, 2005
I did..we have Hughes, Rathbone and possibly Juolevi...If you are deficient in a position, you trade, from your position of strength and get what you need.

I honestly could care less how old the D men are...as long as they can play.

You should care about how old the Dmen are because the Canucks will have to replace those Dmen sooner if they are older. Gillis did a masterful job of retooling the D without drafting a top 4 Dman but it wasn't sustainable. There's a dropoff between signing a Hamhuis and signing a Garrison.

Outside of Hamhuis and Mitchell, the best Canucks Dmen we have had over tthe past 20? years we've had them pretty young. There's a reason why for the longest time analysts talk about drafting Dmen who would play for the franchise for 10-15 years.

Reactions: Lindgren
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad