The Management Thread | Live, Play, Repeat Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

M2Beezy

Objective and Neutral Hockey Commentator
Sponsor
May 25, 2014
Other than Ferland Myers Beagle and Roussell he hasnt signed any bad contracts in SEVERAL years. Were almost thru, just need to wait a lil longer and things should be fine, we will see. Once we have $20 million freed up Im sure this time around Benning will realize his mistakes and only make smart moves for the first time. No biggie, patience guys

Slapshot_11

Aug 30, 2006
Other than Ferland Myers Beagle and Roussell he hasnt signed any bad contracts in SEVERAL years. Were almost thru, just need to wait a lil longer and things should be fine, we will see. Once we have $20 million freed up Im sure this time around Benning will realize his mistakes and only make smart moves for the first time. No biggie, patience guys
Half the time idk if ur trolling or what

Reactions: LordBacon and xtra

likash

Apr 17, 2019
Sutter needs a new contract after this year and Beagle after that. Jimbo will put that cap money to good use. Wait and see. :sarcasm:

Hyzer

Jimbo is fired - the good guys won
Aug 10, 2012
Vancouver
The trade for Miller really sealed the deal for management going all in and almost destroying the franchise.

What would have happened if the team tanked last year and got a lottery pick and gave it to the team that won the cup.

That would have been true insanity. It sucks that COVID saved Benning for the dumb rules playoffs, but damn did it save us from giving a possible lottery pick away.

y2kcanucks

Le Sex God
Aug 3, 2006
Surrey, BC

Lol. Anytime Benning has had cap space he’s added bad contracts.

Reactions: MarkMM

Bertuzzzi44

Jun 26, 2018
Management had a great opportunity to build on a strong season from the team but they signed so many useless veterans signed to long term contracts that we had to part ways with Markstrom, Tanev, Toffoli, Stecher etc. just a little bit of future financial planning would’ve prevented this travesty. Everyone could see the cap crunch coming a mile away so why couldn’t management?

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
Even if this team implodes in this gimmicky Canadian Division, the season will be a success if the Canucks achieve the following:

1. Get a top five draft pick
2. Strip mine the team of bad contracts (finally) at the end of this season
3. Thank Travis Green for his service and launch the search for a new guy behind the bench.

Bubbles

Die Hard for Bedard 2023
Apr 16, 2004
BC Teams:Nucks,Juve
Just spotted Mike Futa on the Sportnet panel for some reason. The Canucks were rumored to be interested in hiring him into the organization.

Very weird to see a behind the scenes guy doing highlight packages on SN...advertising for a job perhaps?

Reactions: lindgren

y2kcanucks

Le Sex God
Aug 3, 2006
Surrey, BC
Just spotted Mike Futa on the Sportnet panel for some reason. The Canucks were rumored to be interested in hiring him into the organization.

Very weird to see a behind the scenes guy doing highlight packages on SN...advertising for a job perhaps?

Futa would be an awful hiring

Bonham

Nov 24, 2008
Victoria, BC
Even if this team implodes in this gimmicky Canadian Division, the season will be a success if the Canucks achieve the following:

1. Get a top five draft pick
2. Strip mine the team of bad contracts (finally) at the end of this season
3. Thank Travis Green for his service and launch the search for a new guy behind the bench.

This season will be a complete failure to me if Benning is still managing the team next October.

Izzy Goodenough

Oct 11, 2020
Would someone in the Canucks Organization please have the good sense to remove the Launch Codes before he does something even more foolish...

Breakers

Make Mirrored Visors Legal Again
Aug 5, 2014
Denver Colorado
The current state of the “right side” defense of this organization (**prospects included) should be a fireable offense.

i don’t even have to look to know it’s the worst
Who do we have?
Jet Li and that 7th rounder from Sweden.

mathonwy

Positively #toxic
Jan 21, 2008
The current state of the “right side” defense of this organization (**prospects included) should be a fireable offense.

Who do we have?
Jet Li is kinda short but I'll allow it.

canuckfan75

Jan 14, 2014
Bad start to the year? or is something going on behind the scenes ?

what do you guys think?

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
Hope I'm wrong, but if the Canucks crash and burn in this Canadian Division, the next guy to issue a trade demand will be Miller. He's clearly not happy.

likash

Apr 17, 2019

Who do we have?
I think it;s Jet Woo. I remember the hype about him. Him and Joulevi woud be the backbone of Canuck's defence in the future.:D If you listened then to some people every player Benning was drafting was going to make the team.

Reactions: PM

LordBacon

CEO of sh*tposting
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2017
Hong Kong

Who do we have?
I would love to see jet li on skates lmao

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad