The LWMD - Discussion Thread Part Cliff Ronning

Status
Not open for further replies.

Peen

Rejoicing in a Benning-free world
Oct 6, 2013
not tonight but I plan on taking him for the sake of it at some point.

Ainec

Panetta was not racist
Jun 20, 2009
Wasn't aware of any non replacement dmen on Carolina aside from stud D, Justin Faulk

Captain Bowie

Jan 18, 2012
Nothing necessarily wrong with Hainsey but he's one of those guys you kind of forget is still playing who is playing on an extremely forgettable Carolina blueline. I mean they had ******** playing 19+ minutes a night last season.

Still makes a good bottom pairing guy here, but I doubt he's going to swing any votes.

***** tonight?

I'm sorry, but I have to bump both of your next picks back 10 spots. I was explicitly clear about this rule from the get go, and finally instituted a hard and fast rule and punishment. We were doing good for a while, but it's gotta happen.

Captain Bowie

Jan 18, 2012
Was waiting for this...

For a while there I thought the official last warning was going to work. At least it's late in the draft where 10 spots won't mean much.

RandV and VanillaCoke, remember that strike 2 is 30 spots, and strike 3 is next pick all the way to the end of the draft.

Ainec

Panetta was not racist
Jun 20, 2009
I'm sorry, but I have to bump both of your next picks back 10 spots. I was explicitly clear about this rule from the get go, and finally instituted a hard and fast rule and punishment. We were doing good for a while, but it's gotta happen.

2925900-8288552822-wee-b.gif

tumblr_ljh0puClWT1qfkt17.gif

canuckking1

Feb 8, 2015
Someone mentioned to me via PM that canuckking may have quit, but I don't see any indication of that. Did I miss something? I sure hope not.

Here's what I think we should do. At the end of the draft we'll fill in the quitters teams the best we can with remaining players undrafted. Then do our voting normally. After xtra quit I told Neo he could take over but haven't heard from him yet. Maybe he still will.

Who was spouting this non sense

DL44

Status quo
Sep 26, 2006
Wasn't aware of any non replacement dmen on Carolina aside from stud D, Justin Faulk

He's an American that spent his whole career on the Jackets, Thrashers, Jets and Canes...

Average hockey fans barely know his name, let alone know how solid he's been.

He's obviously not going garner me many bonus votes... But I'm loving my D.

VanillaCoke

Oct 30, 2013

Dunno what you're talking about.
I was asking him if he wanted to go for dinner.

Ainec

Panetta was not racist
Jun 20, 2009
Too bad I don't get a free +1 spot from either RandV or Vanilla

He's an American that spent his whole career on the Jackets, Thrashers, Jets and Canes...

Average hockey fans barely know his name, let alone know how solid he's been.

He's obviously not going garner me many bonus votes... But I'm loving my D.

Carolina's system is very good for subpar dmen imo, they were at the top of the league in team advanced stats

But I just see Faulk as a top 20 D in the league and the rest of that D corp struggling as top 4 elsewhere

That being said Hainsey was a great pick as far as Veteran D go for round 17

Captain Bowie

Jan 18, 2012
Dunno what you're talking about.
I was asking him what he had for dinner.

Not sure if you're actually disputing the penalty or just joking around, but you referred to a player we all know by his well known nickname, and in a later post talked about another person that is likely to pick him because he has a habit of picking players from that team. Seemed pretty obvious to me. The 2nd post sealed it.

10 spots at this point in the draft isn't likely gonna change anything anyways.

canuckking1

Feb 8, 2015
huberdeau-Backstrom-Vrbata
Smith-Krejci-Slifvberg
Pirri-Ganger-Wingles
Fabbari-xxx-xxxx

Sekera-Markov
Michael Delzotto-Ivan Provorov
Bealiu-xxxx

Ramo
xxxx

Only four more spots too fill out still willing to trade looking for upgrade on smith

Captain Bowie

Jan 18, 2012
huberdeau-Backstrom-Vrbata
Smith-Krejci-Slifvberg
Pirri-Ganger-Wingles
Fabbari-xxx-xxxx

Sekera-Markov
Michael Delzotto-Ivan Provorov
Bealiu-xxxx

Ramo
xxxx

Only four more spots too fill out still willing to trade looking for upgrade on smith

You mean seven.

VanillaCoke

Oct 30, 2013
2nd post was referring to the Carolina dman from the previous page.
I know how intangibos loves them Carolina defensemen.

Ainec

Panetta was not racist
Jun 20, 2009
I want to move down 10-30 spots :[ and move up 10-30 spots with my 19(4)

pls

Ainec

Panetta was not racist
Jun 20, 2009
Damn.. willing to move my 17(10) for 1-15 spots max in exchange for 4x the same # of spots from my 23(13) 23(26)

.... old me: "idgaf about my replacements, want to get the last 3 picks of rd 23"

VanillaCoke

Oct 30, 2013
I could put both youngins on the bottom pair and just play them the barest minimum.(probably should've gone vet instead of Theodore, but I think he's the real deal)

Hiller and Ramo would've been good imo. But canuckking ruined that.

Intangibos

High-End Intangibos
Apr 5, 2010
Burnaby
Not sure if you're actually disputing the penalty or just joking around, but you referred to a player we all know by his well known nickname, and in a later post talked about another person that is likely to pick him because he has a habit of picking players from that team. Seemed pretty obvious to me. The 2nd post sealed it.

10 spots at this point in the draft isn't likely gonna change anything anyways.

To be fair though, I don't think Voldemort is getting picked.

What's the rule with players on LTIR? Like Pronger? He's retired but still technically on a contract, would I get punished for mentioning him?

Anyway, it doesn't really affect me, and the first one in the post about Hainsley is a valid enough punishment, but the other one seems excessive IMO, since that guy is literally only getting picked for comedic effect.

DFAC

Jan 19, 2008
To be fair though, I don't think Voldemort is getting picked.

What's the rule with players on LTIR? Like Pronger? He's retired but still technically on a contract, would I get punished for mentioning him?

Anyway, it doesn't really affect me, and the first one in the post about Hainsley is a valid enough punishment, but the other one seems excessive IMO, since that guy is literally only getting picked for comedic effect.

AoS has given more than enough warnings. I'm surprised it took this long for some punishment to be handed out IMO

And damn, now RandV is picking right between my back to back picks -_-

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad