Post-Game Talk (GBU): The Luukkonen's hawKliKe hoKuspoKus caKewalKs on Broadway - Sabres 5 - Rangers 1, 11/27/23

Fearnot

Nov 13, 2013
New York
I am buzzing after that one. So many thoughts.

The Godly

Ukko-Pekka Lukkonen - say his name. Spell it. He deserves that honor. What a God. Give him the reigns

Good

Mittelstadt Mode
Tuch is fully back
Benson unparalleled levels of dawg
Dahlin - shot block and all. I hope he’s ok when he takes the boot off
Peterka is our teams best forward sans a healthy Tage
Full 60. Rangers took it to us at times, we responded
Olofsson - seriously effective in his new role. Nice to see him embrace it. He’s good at it this role player thing.

Bad

Cozens again.
Samuelsson again - if anyone deserves to come out to get down to 6 D, it might be him

Ugly

Just don’t like rolling 11/7 but that’s just a me thing I guess. It worked out tonight.
What about Rosen?

Fezzy126

Rebuilding...
May 10, 2017
Good:
  • UPL
  • Core players all played well - Dahlin, Power, Mitts, Tuch, Skinner, Cozens. I thought this was Cozens best game of the year, is this a sign that he is starting to round into form?
  • JJP - the kid continues to be a difference maker.
  • VO - solid effort
  • Benson
Bad:
  • Benson's "Cross-check" - The Rangers interference call was weak, but that call on Benson was the weakest call I've seen since, well, the last penalty called against Benson. I'm not sure what Benson says to the refs when he's out there, but it's clear they don't like him at all.
  • The 2nd period - analytically it appeared fairly even, but I thought the Rangers rolled over the Sabres for long stretches. We were lucky to get out of that period with a lead.
  • Jost, Rosen, and Ryan Johnson's ice time, they all had door duty in the 3rd period
  • The 11-7 nonsense, we got the win, but if you're just going to give RyJo 8 minutes then send him back down to Rochester and let him play
Ugly:
  • The Rangers bottom 6 - firmly believe that weak call was the refs trying to reign in their running around and charging everyone in sight. Thankfully all their hard work resulted in a bunch of glorious opportunities for Vesey, who couldn't put the puck into the net to save his life.

sabremike

Friend To All Giraffes And Lindy Ruff
Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY
You have no idea how much joy beating THAT team makes me. Few days after the worst day of my life they came to Hartford and their announcers spent the game defending Peter The Pig and kissing his fat ass. I will never forget that day and my hatred of that entire organization will burn forever with the heat of a thousand suns.

markpenske

Jul 2, 2015
Bad:
  • Benson's "Cross-check" - The Rangers interference call was weak, but that call on Benson was the weakest call I've seen since, well, the last penalty called against Benson.
Some day someone will compile a list of worst NHL calls ever. That one is top 10 all day long

Doug Prishpreed

May 1, 2013
Brooklyn
Not gonna lie, that felt good to make the whiny Rangers fans go home sad. UPL is really starting to bring his game to the next level. He should be playing 2/3 at this point.
Sure felt good to see all of those Rangers fans heads for the exists after Tuch’s second goal. And even more of them after Mittelstadt’s empty netter.

That fifth goal was just the “f*** you” I needed to round out the 3rd too. Perfect game to attend, I give it five stars!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad