Post-Game Talk (GBU): The Luukkonen's hawKliKe hoKuspoKus caKewalKs on Broadway - Sabres 5 - Rangers 1, 11/27/23

HaNotsri

Regstred User
Dec 29, 2013
I started looking for dvd covers to make into an amusing image to post for this and twenty minutes later I have to boil my phone.
Don't include german letters like Ü when browsing the internet.
I'm glad the germans added a letter to separate themselves from the rest of the web.

Ralonzo

Я хочу!
Nov 6, 2006
Virginia
I made a conscious choice not to watch, then casually checked the score.

Apparently I’m the problem.

I tuned in to see the Samuelsson penalty, and thought it was really bad form to start that stuff 24 hours after what happened Sunday. Why even get aggravated.

Then someone sent me vid of the Benson penalty. There's been bad refs in sports forever but since every league has pitched in with online betting, it's really really bad all the time, and I just can't believe in this product.

Reactions: TheMistyStranger

Sabresfansince1980

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2011
from Wheatfield, NY
Ah. The pull you back in it type of game.
All my negativity is now on the back burner and I'm a simp for this team again. Unless there is a loss on Thursday.

What a healthy relationship.
Yeah...I'm not so confident about them turning a corner yet. They've been back and forth all season. It's going to be a frustrating stretch of inconsistency at least until all of Greenway, Girgensons, Thompson, and Quinn get back (if that actually happens). Even if they get near full strength, there's a lot of improvement they need to make up and down the roster, coaching, etc.

debaser66

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2012
I tuned in to see the Samuelsson penalty, and thought it was really bad form to start that stuff 24 hours after what happened Sunday. Why even get aggravated.

Then someone sent me vid of the Benson penalty. There's been bad refs in sports forever but since every league has pitched in with online betting, it's really really bad all the time, and I just can't believe in this product.
they should just get done with it and replace Gary Bettman with Vince McMahon

Reactions: dortt and Ralonzo

Sabre the Win

Joke of a Franchise
Jun 27, 2013

The only loss was when we went 12/6. So obviously….

11/7 for life y’all!

That Tweet is kind of disingenuous of the position they have put themselves in. Toronto has 3 games in hand, they are one point ahead of Montreal who has a game in hand and 6 points ahead of Ottawa which have 5 games in hand.

This team still has some heavy lifting to do to get out of this hole and not sit at the bottom of the division and nowhere near the wild card.

stealth1

Aug 28, 2009
Niagara, Ontario
That Tweet is kind of disingenuous of the position they have put themselves in. Toronto has 3 games in hand, they are one point ahead of Montreal who has a game in hand and 6 points ahead of Ottawa which have 5 games in hand.

This team still has some heavy lifting to do to get out of this hole and not sit at the bottom of the division and nowhere near the wild card.
While it is a bit misleading. The hopeful thing is Toronto only has 5 regulation wins. That puts them only ahead of Chicago and San Jose. They aren't that good. I'm not worried about Montreal either. They keep playing this way they will be in the mix

1point21Gigawatts

hell's a gigawatt?
Apr 7, 2010
The future
So our record so far this year is almost an exact match of our record to this point, last year. (22-23: 9-12-1 v. 23-24: 10-10-2). I am surprised because i feel like the win losses have been fairly balanced (obviously) without any crazy losing streaks like last November. While i find find little comfort in our overall record, i do find some comfort knowing that we are 3 points ahead of last year. Maybe we won't miss the playoffs by a point come April? I dunno....

Zman5778

Oct 4, 2005
Cressona/Reading, PA
So our record so far this year is almost an exact match of our record to this point, last year. (22-23: 9-12-1 v. 23-24: 10-10-2). I am surprised because i feel like the win losses have been fairly balanced (obviously) without any crazy losing streaks like last November. While i find find little comfort in our overall record, i do find some comfort knowing that we are 3 points ahead of last year. Maybe we won't miss the playoffs by a point come April? I dunno....
We were also much further out of the playoffs last year at this time than this year. It helps that the East has condensed some as far as point totals go.

It's looking like it's going to be an absolute dogfight for playoff spots this year.....and we're right in the middle of it. As opposed to last year, when it felt like we were already out of it.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad