The Luongo Thread: Just The Beginning (mod warning in post #445)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alflives*

Gillis is a master at keeping things under wraps. If the Flames trade Kipper to Toronto and Canucks basically say that's fine we'll move him to Team B for a lot less than they were talking about I would laugh so hard hahahaha.

Wouldn't be great for the organization but ultimate troll job hahahahahahahahaha.

Would you be laughing if Team B was St. Louis? They are a great team, with poor goaltending.

Mr. Canucklehead

Kitimat Canuck
Dec 14, 2002
Kitimat, BC
here's a question for ya... lou doesn't get traded... plays great and the nucks ride him deep into the playoffs... who's the man then?

At this stage, I'd be comfortable keeping either goalie and dealing whichever one brings the best return. Have been for a while. I think Luongo will be the guy dealt, but never say never, I guess.

Garth Butcher

Feb 27, 2013
Saskatchewan
At this stage, I'd be comfortable keeping either goalie and dealing whichever one brings the best return. Have been for a while. I think Luongo will be the guy dealt, but never say never, I guess.

the longer this drags on the bigger the chance that corey goes. he has to get the bigger package but with everyone knowing the nucks are in a pickle and have to trade one guy from the pipe section, I don't know that you can trade corey because teams will low ball him too. being younger alone he has to be worth more.

The Horvatian One

228 LBS of Pain
Aug 22, 2010
Would you be laughing if Team B was St. Louis? They are a great team, with poor goaltending.

I would then cheer for St. Louis as my second team. I wouldn't be mad or laughing because I know there would be great pieces we could get in return for a Luongo trade. It won't happen though.

Alflives*

I would then cheer for St. Louis as my second team. I wouldn't be mad or laughing because I know there would be great pieces we could get in return for a Luongo trade. It won't happen though.

I like Luongo too, and no matter where he goes, I hope his new team does well. What if he goes to Toronto with some other pieces for Kessel?

Alflives*

the longer this drags on the bigger the chance that corey goes. he has to get the bigger package but with everyone knowing the nucks are in a pickle and have to trade one guy from the pipe section, I don't know that you can trade corey because teams will low ball him too. being younger alone he has to be worth more.

What if St. Louis (who clearly needs a goalie) offers one of their young D-men (Shattenkirk - sp?) for Corey? They just acquired Bowmeister.

The Horvatian One

228 LBS of Pain
Aug 22, 2010
I like Luongo too, and no matter where he goes, I hope his new team does well. What if he goes to Toronto with some other pieces for Kessel?

I'd cheer for Luongo but not the Leafs. The amount of media coverage kissing their ass has been at an all time high especially Dreger....

y2kcanucks

Le Sex God
Aug 3, 2006
Surrey, BC
Not sure how reliable 4th period is.

David Pagnotta ‏@TheFourthPeriod 2h
Canucks/Maple Leafs will resume Luongo trade talks today... Canucks asking about Kulemin or MacArthur to be part of a deal.

Ugh. Big NO on both of those wingers. Kulemin is highly overrated, and MacArthur is just terrible.

Seattle Totems

Apr 14, 2010
Would anyone like to bet a large sum of money that Luongo does not get traded today? Because I would like to make a large sum of money today.

Alflives*

I'd cheer for Luongo but not the Leafs. The amount of media coverage kissing their ass has been at an all time high especially Dreger....

Toronto is the 5th largest market in North America, and the largest hockey market by far, plus they have a lot of really good young players. If you add to that a proven goalie, then the (so called) national stations are going to be very Toronto centered for years to come. Is trading Luongo there to get a piece back that puts the Canucks over the top to win a cup, worth that?

Hodgy

Feb 23, 2012
Ugh. Big NO on both of those wingers. Kulemin is highly overrated, and MacArthur is just terrible.

I hope you when the deal is finally made and you hear about it that you are sitting down. It is going to be quite the reality check for you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad