The Luongo Thread: Just The Beginning (mod warning in post #445)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fa Ci La

Mar 2, 2012
luongo forever schneider never

fg_125.jpg

Tiranis

Jun 10, 2009
Toronto, ON
What a misleading title, you're going to make somebody think that there's an actual rumour of him moving out there. :laugh:

Jack Tripper

Vey Falls Down
Dec 15, 2009
Perth, WA
all ive learned so far this morning from ferraro and co. is that his contract is untradable despite a cap hit out of the top 8 goaltenders in the league

Alflives*

all ive learned so far this morning from ferraro and co. is that his contract is untradable despite a cap hit out of the top 8 goaltenders in the league

Would not Luongo's contract, especially the last few years, be very attractive to teams wanting to get to the salary cap floor? The Islanders gave up a 2nd round pick to get Tim Thomas' 5 mil. dollar cap hit, knowing they will not have to pay him, but the 5 mil. would count on their books.

PhilMick

Formerly PRNuck
May 20, 2009
Calgary
Bad news, this morning on Sportsnet radio I learned that literally every goalie on the market is better than Luongo. That's including Bishop and Kipper. Woe is us!

Mr. Canucklehead

Kitimat Canuck
Dec 14, 2002
Kitimat, BC
I still think he goes.
IMO Gillis will probably take the best offer on the table as long as it includes a roster player.

I would love for him to go somewhere - anywhere - that is not Toronto. And for it to catch all the analysts completely off guard. Like, no "rumblings" of it beforehand - just have them say "uh...wow, the trade call is done and everything". Just watch them get completely punked.

The Horvatian One

228 LBS of Pain
Aug 22, 2010
I would love for him to go somewhere - anywhere - that is not Toronto. And for it to catch all the analysts completely off guard. Like, no "rumblings" of it beforehand - just have them say "uh...wow, the trade call is done and everything". Just watch them get completely punked.

Gillis is a master at keeping things under wraps. If the Flames trade Kipper to Toronto and Canucks basically say that's fine we'll move him to Team B for a lot less than they were talking about I would laugh so hard hahahaha.

Wouldn't be great for the organization but ultimate troll job hahahahahahahahaha.

Jyrki

Benning has been purged! VANmen!
May 24, 2011
溫哥華
Would not Luongo's contract, especially the last few years, be very attractive to teams wanting to get to the salary cap floor? The Islanders gave up a 2nd round pick to get Tim Thomas' 5 mil. dollar cap hit, knowing they will not have to pay him, but the 5 mil. would count on their books.

Only at the tail end of his deal. There are 5 years until then.

94eleven

fka Loosemonkeys
Dec 29, 2007
Denver, Colorado
I also have a feeling that it gets done today. I think they have tried to drive the price up to the point where they are getting some value, but in the end will take the best deal in front of them by the deadline. It seems like Lu is done with everything and the team needs a united dressing room if they are really going all-in. MacArthur, 2nd, Finn is my guess.

Peter Griffin

Feb 13, 2003
Visit site
I think making the move for Roy is what could help facilitate that Luongo trade. Gilman said it himself, now they aren't as focused on acquiring that center in return, and can focus on building a deal around a winger or defenseman. Good centers are hard to find in this league and it's understandable that most teams don't want to part with them unless they have to. Toronto for example has a lot more available wingers than they do centers, same goes for Florida and even Tampa. Philly is probably in the same situation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad