The Low Hockey IQ Myth (Darnell Nurse)

bucks_oil

Aug 25, 2005
Since you guys have seen them play much more than I have and have seen them both develop, I was wondering who you thought would put up more points in the future between Nurse and Klefbom? The low IQ accusations are worrisome I find.

Trying to figure out who I should drop in a keeper's pool between the two.

Klefbom is going to be on our top pair, eating 22+ minutes a night playing with McDavid.

Nurse is a maybe for our bottom pair, being asked to play tough and make few mistakes.

Longer term it may be closer as Nurse still has plenty of upside, but this is a development year for him. Klefbom will be carrying the mail.

Draiskull

Oct 26, 2005
I would have Nurse play top minutes in the AHL next year. I think Klefbom will bring more offence than Nurse will in their careers. I think Nurse will be similar to Myers but less offence more nastiness. Edit: Myers puts up less offence than I thought.

why?
I would rather have Nurse play sheltered minutes against NHL opposition now that he has gotten his feet wet.
As long he has 4 Dmen ahead of him in depth unlike last season he should be okay.

Only reason I would send him to AHL is to play top unit PP and work on his point shot.

Sending him down just to play more minutes is pointless IMO.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad