OT: The Lounge Thread - Part LVII - Fruit fly Edition

Holystik

Nov 17, 2018
Mars
Getting an MRI in the next 30 minutes to scan a surprise tumor I have in my head.

Kinda stressed, especially since I am claustrophobic. Hopefully I don't claw myself out of that doom tube!

😅

peate

Smiley
Sponsor
Feb 16, 2007
The Island
Getting an MRI in the next 30 minutes to scan a surprise tumor I have in my head.

Kinda stressed, especially since I am claustrophobic. Hopefully I don't claw myself out of that doom tube!

😅
I spent 45 minutes in one of those; not fun, and noisy as hell.

Good luck.

Reactions: Holystik

Holystik

Nov 17, 2018
Mars
Supposedly it is an easy tumor to remove. Not sure if it is cancerous or not yet, only after biopsy.

It looks like I have an egg in my skull!
I'm gonna be a father of a little chicken!
🐥

The only problem is it is pushing against the bones and making them brittle, the pain is not fun. As long as it doesn't atart deforming my amazing brain.

Attachments

• received_3508722382746853.jpeg
    received_3508722382746853.jpeg
    50.6 KB · Views: 3
  • received_1296834430879321.jpeg
    received_1296834430879321.jpeg
    190.9 KB · Views: 2
Reactions: Mrb1p

Catanddogguitarrr

Jul 3, 2016
Nowhere land
I got some sad news from my sister in Florida.
Tango, her dog, passed away last night. He just went to sleep and never woke. He was 13. Such a good dog, I'm glad he made it to the beach one last time.
Animals are great compagnons for all people in many conditions. Animals have feelings, personality, they have their teenage rebellion, even the hampsters, lol, funny but true.

My sympathies for your sister.

Reactions: peate

Catanddogguitarrr

Jul 3, 2016
Nowhere land
Dino Bravo died 30 years ago. He was a wild guy, long hair bleached, etc. I know the house where he lived in Laval and I got something that belonged to him as a souvenir. Rip Gino.

peate

Smiley
Sponsor
Feb 16, 2007
The Island
Dino Bravo died 30 years ago. He was a wild guy, long hair bleached, etc. I know the house where he lived in Laval and I got something that belonged to him as a souvenir. Rip Gino.
Great Tag team with Gino Brito, I was a regular on Tuesdays in Verdun for the weekly matches. My buddy and I would get ripped and go sit ringside for 2$. We had a blast yelling at the bad guys and cheering on the good guys, Cest lui, that';s him, Edouard Carpentier. Son adversaire, de Miami Tarzan The Boot Tyler. Such fun, best show for the money.

Reactions: Catanddogguitarrr

GoodKiwi

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 23, 2006
Received a gift from my employer this morning (sent company-wide, not just to me).

A smart freaking thermal water bottle that uses NFC to tell you three things via the company app on your phone - location of your bottle (not sure how NFC would work for this, but I'm yet to RTFM lol)), amount of liquid currently in it (with up to 1ml precision! lol) and the liquid's current temperature (both Celsius and Fahrenheit wow!, lol. I think you're supposed to charge this damn thing like every six months or something, but, again, I haven't yet read the "manual".

There are nice things about this $149 thermos, for sure. It uses only plastic recycled from our polluted oceans and some large percentage of your purchase prices goes toward the cleanup of oceans. Great initiative, no issues paying $150 for that.

But, technology-wise, is this something we DON'T need or does someone think it is useful? Something I'm currently pondering. :huh:

Last edited:

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
Received a gift from my employer this morning (sent company-wide, not just to me).

A smart freaking thermal water bottle that uses NFC to tell you three things via the company app on your phone - location of your bottle (not sure how NFC would work for this, but I'm yet to RTFM lol)), amount of liquid currently in it (with up to 1ml precision! lol) and the liquid's current temperature (both Celsius and Fahrenheit wow!, lol. I think you're supposed to charge this damn thing like every six months or something, but, again, I haven't yet read the "manual".

There are nice things about this $149 thermos, for sure. It uses only plastic recycled from our polluted oceans and some large percentage of your purchase prices goes toward the cleanup of oceans. Great initiative, no issues paying $150 for that.

But, technology-wise, is this something we DON'T need or does someone think it is useful? Something I'm currently pondering. :huh:
I mean GPS tracking is nice to track your 150$ bottle but yeah...

ThaDevilGirl

Every day is a day off
Oct 1, 2006
YUL

What brand is it?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad