OT: The Lounge Thread - Part LVII - Fruit fly Edition

themilosh

Sponsor
Apr 27, 2015
Oakville, ON
Just browsing my stats... crazy trivia: kjell Dahlin actually had 0 pim one season (though shortened) and in 85 almost a point/game player and ended the season with 4min in penalties.
If not for Naslund, surely he was 2nd in voting for the Lady Byng?

Supersonic

May 27, 2013
Ontario
Haven’t posted here before…I believe this is the off topic thread?

Anyone else’s TV queue piling up quick these days?

New HoTD was f***ing awesome, IMO. Excited for new seasons of Succession and Industry, whenever those come out. Yellowjackets and Ted Lasso are also recent favourites of mine

peate

Smiley
Sponsor
Feb 16, 2007
The Island
Haven’t posted here before…I believe this is the off topic thread?

Anyone else’s TV queue piling up quick these days?

New HoTD was f***ing awesome, IMO. Excited for new seasons of Succession and Industry, whenever those come out. Yellowjackets and Ted Lasso are also recent favourites of mine
I was waiting for the series to end before taking on The Dragon. Based on the comments in the TV - Movie thread, it doesn't get the love GoT got. (GoT got, too funny). I read the book already, another 900 page brick, but that was a while ago. Seems it gets better as the show progresses. I should start now actually. Ted Lasso is a great show. Don't know the other two.

Reactions: Supersonic

DramaticGloveSave

Voice of Reason
Apr 17, 2017
Is the Gazette a great newspaper? Also is it more national, or Montreal focused? Is it left/right leaning or more balanced?

Looking to subscribe to a newspaper and am considering The Gazette despite being in Toronto. Looking for something nationally focused with balanced reporting and a great sports section with Habs and NFL coverage.

Juve

May 13, 2011
Somewhere around the world
I got lucky today. If anyone here lives in the RDP/Anjou area, check it out before they realize their mistake.
I pumped gas at the Shell on the 25 near the old costco. I put in 70$ for 91. I am pumping, and I heard the sound when you have a full tank. I turn around, and I see 53$ and almost 50 litres of gas. I look down at the 91 pump. They had the price at 1.1$. I got the f*** out there as fast as possible!!!! Go fill up!!!!! I used the middle pump. It goes for all the times they f***ed us over!!!!!

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: Nedved

Catanddogguitarrr

Jul 3, 2016
Nowhere land
Is the Gazette a great newspaper? Also is it more national, or Montreal focused? Is it left/right leaning or more balanced?

Looking to subscribe to a newspaper and am considering The Gazette despite being in Toronto. Looking for something nationally focused with balanced reporting and a great sports section with Habs and NFL coverage.
They are focussed on their aging anglophone community. They bash quebecers who speak french.
They are not rational but irrational. Even if you are an anglophone and you share some of their ideas and agenda, you will have the impression of reading a small guetto newspaper.

DramaticGloveSave

Voice of Reason
Apr 17, 2017
They are focussed on their aging anglophone community. They bash quebecers who speak french.
They are not rational but irrational. Even if you are an anglophone and you share some of their ideas and agenda, you will have the impression of reading a small guetto newspaper.
I live in Ontario so don’t care about French/English crap so definitely not what I’m looking for

Catanddogguitarrr

Jul 3, 2016
Nowhere land
I live in Ontario so don’t care about French/English crap so definitely not what I’m looking for
The Gazette gives the impression of a newspaper for pple aged between 72 to 95 years old.
For you it's better to read Globe and Mail and Toronto Sun. But you will get the minimum information about the Habs with the Gazette. Ask someone else on this board to have a second opinion, maybe I'm wrong.

Reactions: DramaticGloveSave

ElQuebecois

Topps Skate - HabsQc420
Sep 4, 2021
Montréal
Greetings to you all. Long time lurker, first time poster.

I’ve been reading this forum for nearly a decade and I never cared to post here. I really appreciate the input of this community.

Happy holidays to all of you!

ArtPeur

Have a Snickers
Mar 30, 2010
I almost posted it in the GDT yesterday.. but the whole Andrew Tate vs Greta Thunberg story from the last two days is pretty hilarious. The memes coming out of this are great!

:laugh:

Nedved

Mar 30, 2008
I got lucky today. If anyone here lives in the RDP/Anjou area, check it out before they realize their mistake.
I pumped gas at the Shell on the 25 near the old costco. I put in 70$ for 91. I am pumping, and I heard the sound when you have a full tank. I turn around, and I see 53$ and almost 50 litres of gas. I look down at the 91 pump. They had the price at 1.1$. I got the f*** out there as fast as possible!!!! Go fill up!!!!! I used the middle pump. It goes for all the times they f***ed us over!!!!!

use your CAA card to save an extra 3 cents a litre.

LT

Global Moderator
Jul 23, 2010
Join us over on the GM Games HF subforum! We try to regularly host realistic GM games and fantasy drafts.

We're currently taking sign-ups for the next fantasy draft, and need several GMs to fill out the rest of the game.

Please check out the thread and if you're interested, sign up!

peate

Smiley
Sponsor
Feb 16, 2007
The Island
I couldn't find the thread with all the dog pictures, but here's Tango, enjoying the Florida sunshine and beach. He looks so happy.

59790957_10158427927809951_461038496975421440_n (1).jpg

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad