OT: The Lounge Thread - Part LVII - Fruit fly Edition

peate

Smiley
Sponsor
Feb 16, 2007
The Island
I declare victory! I bought the largest shop vac I could find! Thing has to be 5 horsepower… Little bastards are GONE! Works on wasps and larger bugs as well.

How long do you figure a mean and angry wasp can live inside the can?

peate

Smiley
Sponsor
Feb 16, 2007
The Island
Not long when you suck up some bleach afterwards…
LOL That's chemical warfare. I'm not too fond of those guys after one chased me and stung me half a dozen times after I disturbed it while trimming blackberries. It was relentless, had to get inside quick.

Reactions: cphabs

cphabs

The 2 stooges….
Dec 21, 2012
LOL That's chemical warfare. I'm not too fond of those guys after one chased me and stung me half a dozen times after I disturbed it while trimming blackberries. It was relentless, had to get inside quick.
I shit you not brother/sister! I live in a home that usually had some kind of heterogenous bug festival the entire summer in my backyard. My old deck had carpenter ants as well. 4 years ago? I was getting ready for the summer festival. No chemicals but trying to limit their habitat…
My wife was sunbathing soon after and remarked that there were no bugs, but commented on a little bird, that looked like a chipmunk, that was eating any bug it could find. One of them even landed on her shoulder and looked at her with some bug in its beak and took off. Bugs were literally gone. I have 4 Carolina Wren birdhouses on my property. These little bastards will decimate any bug problem and have an attitude lmao!

Reactions: peate

Hostile Offer

Artist formerly known as Eagle Peninsula
Jun 17, 2017
Finland
Hi guys, I'm not sure where to put this (if there is a broadcasting thread somewhere then this could be moved there) so here goes. I'm a Habs fan living in Finland and our local broadcaster (Viaplay) has kept jacking up their prices to an unbearable level so I cancelled my subscription there and have started to look for alternative options to watch the games. I now have the Sportsnet+ standard subscription (works with VPN) but there is still a regional restriction blocking the Habs regional broadcasts, so I looked up the blackout rules and Sportsnet states the following:
  • If you live in Quebec and cheer for the Canadiens or the Senators, Sportsnet+ STANDARD needs to be paired with TSN to stream all games. This is because Sportsnet+ owns the Canadiens and Senators national games (including playoffs), while TSN owns their regional ones. If you live there but cheer for anyone else, Sportsnet+ PREMIUM is best for you.
My question is what does it mean to "pair with TSN"? What do I need to do to get that work? I'm not really interested in getting the premium version because of its price and the blackouts are not really that big of an issue anyway because there are over 30 Habs games broadcasted nationally so that's definitely enough for me (the games are mostly played at the shittiest time possible considering where I live so there's no chance I'm watching all of them), just want to find out if this is possible in case there is a certain game I'd like to watch but can't with my current setup.

ClasslessGuy

May 10, 2010
Chelsea, QC
So tired if trying to find a stream at the last minute, If I don't have and want cable... is there any other options I don't know about since I'm in the gatineau/ootawa region I can't do sportsnet, would want to avoid a vpn as well... I want to pay, but I want to watch all 82 games with no problems

cphabs

The 2 stooges….
Dec 21, 2012
Some updates. Fall is here and am proud to say my efforts this summer have decimated my fruit fly problem before those bastards even got started! Also, my birthday present was a high quality wool blanket from France!

Tabarouette

ben kin
Jan 28, 2013
mtl
Has anyone heard of Mazzini tires? I need new winter(non studded) tires. I am searching online.

What spec? I got these on rims that I only used for like, maybe half a winter before I storaged the car (and sold it since)

1698766638262.png

Toene

Y'en aura pas de facile
Nov 17, 2014
Hi guys, I'm not sure where to put this (if there is a broadcasting thread somewhere then this could be moved there) so here goes. I'm a Habs fan living in Finland and our local broadcaster (Viaplay) has kept jacking up their prices to an unbearable level so I cancelled my subscription there and have started to look for alternative options to watch the games. I now have the Sportsnet+ standard subscription (works with VPN) but there is still a regional restriction blocking the Habs regional broadcasts, so I looked up the blackout rules and Sportsnet states the following:
  • If you live in Quebec and cheer for the Canadiens or the Senators, Sportsnet+ STANDARD needs to be paired with TSN to stream all games. This is because Sportsnet+ owns the Canadiens and Senators national games (including playoffs), while TSN owns their regional ones. If you live there but cheer for anyone else, Sportsnet+ PREMIUM is best for you.
My question is what does it mean to "pair with TSN"? What do I need to do to get that work? I'm not really interested in getting the premium version because of its price and the blackouts are not really that big of an issue anyway because there are over 30 Habs games broadcasted nationally so that's definitely enough for me (the games are mostly played at the shittiest time possible considering where I live so there's no chance I'm watching all of them), just want to find out if this is possible in case there is a certain game I'd like to watch but can't with my current setup.
Did you fix your problem?

BenchBrawl

Jul 26, 2010
Imagine buying something as straightforward as a microwave and immediately getting annoyed by two things about it.

1) The display light is so bright it's ridiculous

2) Opposite to that, the inside light is so dim you can't see what's going on inside

I miss the 1990s, when every appliance didn't suck balls. I must have had 10 microwaves in my life and I don't recall any of them having any issue. They just worked and left me alone.

Last edited:
Reactions: cphabs

HomaridII

May 23, 2006
Montreal, Canada
Hey guys going to meet some friends at the South Shore to watch a game in a couple weeks (Saturday night). Any recommendations for a sports bar in the brossard/candiac/chateauguay area? Thanks,.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad