Unforgiven
Aug 11, 2009
Quebec City
20180405_145528.png

Tabarouette

ben kin
Jan 28, 2013
mtl
Because I need to have a roof and feed myself and entertain myself before doom's day

under 10% of canadians died between the age of 20 and 59 last year, and under 6% of them were between age 50 and 59 (the riskier years of the bunch)

and that accounts for EVERY possible way of dying

you're a regular (at least physically) person who never talked about having any incurable condition, your odds of dying of a heart attack before 59 are VERY low. You also have a 0% chance of contracting an STD so you might even get a head start!

you're willing to bet your entire retirement on something anywhere between 0% and 9%, which is stupid as f***

the conclusion to my case : just shut up

source : statistics canada

don't @ me and shut up again

Harry22

Mar 28, 2005
Montreal
under 10% of canadians died between the age of 20 and 59 last year, and under 6% of them were between age 50 and 59 (the riskier years of the bunch)

and that accounts for EVERY possible way of dying

you're a regular (at least physically) person who never talked about having any incurable condition, your odds of dying of a heart attack before 59 are VERY low. You also have a 0% chance of contracting an STD so you might even get a head start!

you're willing to bet your entire retirement on something anywhere between 0% and 9%, which is stupid as ****

the conclusion to my case : just shut up

source : statistics canada

don't @ me and shut up again

But I want more income now so I can live in an overpriced apartment and spend a lot of money on organic foods.

Kairi Zaide

Unforgiven
Aug 11, 2009
Quebec City
@Bask

I probably have diabetes because I'm a sugar bug. I already get frequent numbing of my feet/hands.
+
I am slightly overweight (180 pds 5ft9)but my mass is probably mostly body fat
+
I have not done any sort of physical exercise ever since 6 years ago. (last sports class I had to take at cegep). I mostly stay sitted all day long.
+
I have an awful sleep schedule because I need to wake up early but go to bed late resulting in 4 hours nights 75% of the time because I am unable to sleep more even if I go to bed earlier.
+
I eat badly overall (not enough fruits or veggies, too much salt and fat, etc.)
=
It's not a 0-9% probability. It's a >70% probability.

Harry22

Mar 28, 2005
Montreal
@Bask

I probably have diabetes because I'm a sugar bug. I already get frequent numbing of my feet/hands.
+
I am slightly overweight (180 pds 5ft9)but my mass is probably mostly body fat
+
I have not done any sort of physical exercise ever since 6 years ago. (last sports class I had to take at cegep). I mostly stay sitted all day long.
+
I have an awful sleep schedule because I need to wake up early but go to bed late resulting in 4 hours nights 75% of the time because I am unable to sleep more even if I go to bed earlier.
+
I eat badly overall (not enough fruits or veggies, too much salt and fat, etc.)
=
It's not a 0-9% probability. It's a >70% probability.

1 - You can't just say I probably have diabetes because you eat a lot of sugar. If that was the case, the fact eating a lot of sugar and actually having diabetes would result in your death as of right now.

2 - Fat people (you are not fat by what you said, just a bit overweight) live past 60.

3 - See point 2.

4 - You will have a regular sleep schedule once you join the workforce.

5 - Like 80% of people. 80% of people don't die before 60 either.

Kairi Zaide

Unforgiven
Aug 11, 2009
Quebec City
1 - You can't just say I probably have diabetes because you eat a lot of sugar. If that was the case, the fact eating a lot of sugar and actually having diabetes would result in your death as of right now.

2 - Fat people (you are not fat by what you said, just a bit overweight) live past 60.

3 - See point 2.

4 - You will have a regular sleep schedule once you join the workforce.

5 - Like 80% of people. 80% of people don't die before 60 either.
1 - not really but it worsens the condition much much faster, my eyesight has gotten worse in the past 2 years
2 - my bf% is pretty high (was around 30% when I measured it a couple years ago I think lol)
3 - see 2
4 - it's not because of school. It won't get better.
5 - but most people are much more active than I am

Paul Dipietro

Dec 16, 2009
Just leave him be. Like so many before him he'll realize too late that we were right and he was wrong. And we'll all be laughing from our graves

Kairi Zaide

Unforgiven
Aug 11, 2009
Quebec City
Just leave him be. Like so many before him he'll realize too late that we were right and he was wrong. And we'll all be laughing from our graves
My budget left me with 5000 or so in extra per year.
I wanted to invest 3000-4000 of those rather than have those waste with awful interest rates.

Now with that retirement thing I have like 1000 extra per year with my budget.

Harry22

Mar 28, 2005
Montreal
My budget left me with 5000 or so in extra per year.
I wanted to invest 3000-4000 of those rather than have those waste with awful interest rates.

Now with that retirement thing I have like 1000 extra per year with my budget.

- Then you don't know what a budget is if all you have is $83 per month extra.
- Get checked out instead of reading webmd.com.
- Shut up.

Kairi Zaide

Unforgiven
Aug 11, 2009
Quebec City
- Then you don't know what a budget is if all you have is $83 per month extra.
- Get checked out instead of reading webmd.com.
- Shut up.
I made my budget without being aware of that retirement bs which I just learned about by receiving my contract today

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad