The Line-Up Thread: Scot Beckenbaugh Appreciation Edition

TheLegendkiller

Sep 2, 2009
canes fan suggested McBain for Matt Read.

McBain's stock has fallen a bit, but he is still young and RH.

Dunno.

EDIT: In a different thread, Read + 2nd for Rundblad was brought up. Dunno, might do that too.

I just don't see us resigning Read in two years, and I'm not sure how else this team is going to address its long-term needs on the blue line.

I would do both trades, no problem. I like Read but getting defense is key.

Do we have any interest in someone like del zotto?? his cap hit isnt very large at the moment and with 20% of the rangers cap being taken up by 2 players....can they really afford to give him a large contract to match one if we offer?

I heard from a few Rangers fans that believe when Giradi's contract is up they'll let him walk to FA.

Prongo

Beer
Jun 5, 2008
philadelphia
I wouldn't do Read + 2nd rounder. That's too much for us I believe. Read is a proven player who can step in and contribute right away for that team. Rundblad has been inconsistent in his NHL time, has the potential, but still needs to round out his game.

FlyersFan61290

Jul 13, 2010
Philadelphia
I wouldn't do Read + 2nd rounder. That's too much for us I believe. Read is a proven player who can step in and contribute right away for that team. Rundblad has been inconsistent in his NHL time, has the potential, but still needs to round out his game.

he's only played 6 games in the NHL. if he were on most other teams in the league he'd already been in a top 6 role imo. and while i agree that read has actually proven something in the NHL i highly doubt read goes to the Coyotes and continues his scoring ways in their system. and lets not forget that he's also 4 years older then Rundblad.

Prongo

Beer
Jun 5, 2008
philadelphia
he's only played 6 games in the NHL. if he were on most other teams in the league he'd already been in a top 6 role imo. and while i agree that read has actually proven something in the NHL i highly doubt read goes to the Coyotes and continues his scoring ways in their system. and lets not forget that he's also 4 years older then Rundblad.

He also played 24 with the Sens.

OrangeAndBlackMetal

Dark Wizard of the Black Cascade
Aug 14, 2009
Reykjavík
I really don't think rundblad will be a top pairing defenseman and not the "future Norris winner" that sens fans had him pegged as during his last year in Sweden. He's already 22 and has been very unwhelming in his time in the NHL, I get that he will take a bit to hit his prime, but I don't see him making that big of a jump from AHL quality at 22, to top pairng in his prime...

Id rather look elsewhere for a young defenseman. I still say Kulikov.

Jack de la Hoya

Jun 30, 2011
Texas
I really don't think rundblad will be a top pairing defenseman and not the "future Norris winner" that sens fans had him pegged as during his last year in Sweden. He's already 22 and has been very unwhelming in his time in the NHL, I get that he will take a bit to hit his prime, but I don't see him making that big of a jump from AHL quality at 22, to top pairng in his prime...

Id rather look elsewhere for a young defenseman. I still say Kulikov.

If he was, you'd never get him for Read.

I think he's likely to be a 3/4 defenseman with above average offensive skills--and he's a RH shot.

All of those things are valuable if you look at our blue-line long term. He doesn't solve the need for a #1D, but you can't do that around Read.

Krishna

Jun 15, 2010
New Jersey

I think he's likely to be a 3/4 defenseman with above average offensive skills--and he's a RH shot.

All of those things are valuable if you look at our blue-line long term. He doesn't solve the need for a #1D, but you can't do that around Read.

Exactly. It's perfect for our team. He can replace the offense that left with carle.

OrangeAndBlackMetal

Dark Wizard of the Black Cascade
Aug 14, 2009
Reykjavík
D men almost never look 'great' in their first year.

No of course not, but I've yet to see any play from him that alludes to him being a #1 or even a #2. I know you're not going to get that for read, but I'd rather just keep read and look elsewhere. Maybe you can put a package together, Involving read, for Kulikov. I still say Read, Laughton, 1st in 2013 and a 3rd in 2013

Jack de la Hoya

Jun 30, 2011
Texas
No of course not, but I've yet to see any play from him that alludes to him being a #1 or even a #2. I know you're not going to get that for read, but I'd rather just keep read and look elsewhere. Maybe you can put a package together, Involving read, for Kulikov. I still say Read, Laughton, 1st in 2013 and a 3rd in 2013

Why not just trade Read for Rundblad and offersheet Kulikov.

Keep Laughton.

:-D

FlyersFan61290

Jul 13, 2010
Philadelphia
He also played 24 with the Sens.

oh, my bad. but as a 21 yo i'm not really surprised at his inconsistency issues.

this. he's not a #1 but he safely projects to be a solid PMD that will slide in on the second pairing. and at 22 he's got plenty of time to grow with the core, plus he's big and a righty. Schenn is the only rh d-man in the flyers long term plans as of right now and with kimmo set to retire soon and carle gone Rundblad's offensive game is a perfect fit imo.

Krishna

Jun 15, 2010
New Jersey
Kulikov would probably cost more than Read + Laughton + picks

Florida is finally getting their team together for playoff runs. Why would they trade a big part of their future for more unproved future pieces?

SolidSnakeUS

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2009
Baldwinsville, NY
For Rundblad, would it be a better comparison to say he's a better version of Eminger? Or would that be insulting Rundblad and giving Eminger too much credit?

SolidSnakeUS

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2009
Baldwinsville, NY
Green had a total of 71 points in 174 games (when he was 22 in the 07-08 season). Rundblad has had 7 points in 30 games and he's 22 right now. I really wonder why he has been bounced around so much and can't play anywhere. I seriously think he would be given a great chance with the Flyers though. The Coyotes are so ****ing loaded on D in the system, I'm sure they can give him up, especially since they also have Gormley, Murphy, Stone, Goncharov, and Summers. That doesn't even include the fact they have Yandle, OEL, Michalek, Klesla and Morris already on the team and the oldest one is Morris (34, and the second oldest being 30).

Timonen-Schenn
Coburn-Grossman
Mez-Rundblad

Krishna

Jun 15, 2010
New Jersey
Depends. This year? Let Rundblad play if Gustafsson is injured.

Going forward? Let them battle it out. One will get 2nd pairing time the other gets 3rd pairing time.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad