Who Wins The Conn Smythe Trophy?

Satire

Nov 20, 2016
Makar is currently 2 PPG as a D in the playoffs. If he keeps up a pace like that and the Avs win it all. No doubt him.
Makar is current favourite for sure. I think McDavid is the other one in the conversation right there with him, but it will ultimately depend on which teams make it to the finals.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
Makar is currently 2 PPG as a D in the playoffs. If he keeps up a pace like that and the Avs win it all. No doubt him.

If he keeps it up, the Avs will win it all. Cale's just dominating out there and staking his claim to the best athlete in Denver in any sport.

Reactions: Nicko999

Nihiliste

Feb 8, 2010
This has been a strange playoffs. First, no upsets. Second, I actually find it hard to predict - as opposed to previous years.

If Boston wins : Swayman or Marchand
If Florida wins : Tkachuk or Carter V.
In NY wins : Mika
If Carolina wins : Aho

If Edmonton wins : McDavid or Skinner
If Vancouver wins : JT Miller or Hughes
If Colorado wins : Makar or MacKinnon
If Dallas wins : Johnston

Mika over Shesty?

gritdash60

Aug 9, 2022
Behind the net
Bobrovsky will win it.

Stars will win 4-3 against Avs, then Stars will win 4-1 against Oilers.

Panthers will win 4-1 against the Bruins, then 4-2 against the Rangers.

Finals: Panthers 4-2 over Stars.

Nicko999

Jan 23, 2008
Montreal
Makar is just otherworldly. Guy is proof a #1D is the most position in hockey.
He impacts the game more than a Mackinnon.

AvsFan29

Mar 15, 2018
Bobrovsky will win it.

Cool.

BB79

Apr 30, 2011
Colorado is winning the cup this year, so someone from them

thomast

Oct 23, 2009
If he keeps it up, the Avs will win it all. Cale's just dominating out there and staking his claim to the best athlete in Denver in any sport.
No it’s Jokic who is about to win 3rd MVP in 4 years and brought Denver it’s first NBA title being finals MVP. Avs are a good team without Makar, but nuggets are trash without Jokic. Makar is generational defenseman in hockey and Jokic is a generational C in basketball. Denver fans are spoiled right now.

I agree partially, because Makar might be best player in hockey at the moment and Jokic is getting outplayed by Anthony Edwards. If we view at full body of work, it’s Jokic and it’s not even a debate.

Dr Pepper

Dec 9, 2005
Sunny Etobicoke
Yep.

How ironic that losing the lottery in 2017 was a blessing for the Avs.

No way they take Makar 1st OA imo.

I'd read somewhere, possibly even here, that Miro was actually higher than Cale on their draft board going in, so they "settled" for Makar at 4.

I still think both teams emerged victorious that day, but what a find for the Avs. If they do end up winning another Cup he'd probably be looking at a second Conn Smythe.

Bruce Granville

Oct 11, 2014
Bobrovsky will win it.

Please put this in spoilers. I want to watch the games…
Bob obviously doesn‘t want the Conn Smythe. So it would be Barkov.

Mighty Makar

I hate this fu*ken team
May 24, 2016
I'd read somewhere, possibly even here, that Miro was actually higher than Cale on their draft board going in, so they "settled" for Makar at 4.

I still think both teams emerged victorious that day, but what a find for the Avs. If they do end up winning another Cup he'd probably be looking at a second Conn Smythe.
Most Avs’ fans wanted Heiskanen, including me. We are very happy with Makar, obviously. Heiskanen is a stud, too. He does it all.

Eltuna

Nov 12, 2017
Yep.

How ironic that losing the lottery in 2017 was a blessing for the Avs.

No way they take Makar 1st OA imo.
The rumour at the time was that the Avs had Patrick 1st overall. Losing the 2017 lottery to the Devils and getting Makar more than makes up for losing the 2019 lottery to the Devils and getting Byram instead of Hughes.

Had the Avs gotten Hughes in 2019 (via Ottawas pick which had the highest odds of getting the first overall) we likely would have seen a dynasty formed

Reactions: TheUnusedCrayon

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad