The Line-Up Thread: Scot Beckenbaugh Appreciation Edition

sa cyred

Running Data Models
Sep 11, 2007
SJ
Yea we had one from way back a few months ago, but with injured players and the season starting super late time for a new thread!

Forwards:

Hartnell-Giroux-Voracek
Simmonds-Briere-Schenn
Read-Couturier-Fedotenko
Rinaldo-Talbot-Wellwood

(Ideally I'd like a 4th line of Rinaldo-Talbot-Fedotenko but we dont have enough players. Also I know people HATE Briere at center, but the Flyers seem set to use Schenn as a winger and Briere as a center. The other way around would be better but I dont see it happening.)

Defense:

Timonen-Coburn
Schenn-Grossmann
Meszaros (if healthy)-Gustafsson/Gervias/dont have anyone else to put here.

Lilja

Bryzgalov
Leighton

Defense is looking alittle iffy for sure. Gus is still recovering from an injury but would be a better choice than Gervias who is barely a #6. MAB still is having concussion issues and Manning/The Dane havent looked good in the AHL. I guess the small training camp is where we see who gets that 6 spot. My guess? The Flyers love their vets so they probably go with Gervias, even if he might now be as good as the other guys.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Briere has to stay at center, he just needs the people around him who aren't a disaster on defense. That's how Buffalo made it work, although the Flyers tend to ignore that. Briere produces his best at center, so they have to make it work.

sobrien

RAFFLCOPTER
Jul 19, 2009
South Jersey
So CapGeek seems to be a little slow today :laugh:

Hartnell - Giroux - Voracek....Three Ginger Death Punch line
Briere - Schenn - Simmonds
Wellwood - Couturier - Read
Rinaldo - Talbot - Fedotenko

Grossmann - Coburn
Timonen - Schenn
Meszaros - Gervais
MAB (til Gus is 100%)

Bryz
Leights

edit: swap Fedotenko and Rinaldo. Forgot Feds is a LW

Last edited:

dookie88

Aug 18, 2008
Germany
So CapGeek seems to be a little slow today :laugh:

Hartnell - Giroux - Voracek....Three Ginger Death Punch line
Briere - Schenn - Simmonds
Wellwood - Couturier - Read
Rinaldo - Talbot - Fedotenko

Grossmann - Coburn
Timonen - Schenn
Meszaros - Gervais
MAB (til Gus is 100%)

Bryz
Leights

I'd personally flip Talbot for Wellwood, but other than that this is probably the best we have.
Anyone else not impressed?

RoDu

May 22, 2003
Winnipeg
Visit site
Briere has to stay at center, he just needs the people around him who aren't a disaster on defense. That's how Buffalo made it work, although the Flyers tend to ignore that. Briere produces his best at center, so they have to make it work.

unless you have Briere's wingers covering the slot and Briere covering the D, I don't think it will work

I don't think we'll have any surprises in camp, no goalies will sneak on to the team, no defense ready to bump someone out, maybe a forward, but it'll be a 4th liner if at that

don't think we'll see much of MAB this year or ever, his brain is like an over-ripe fruit nowadays

bennysflyers16

Jan 26, 2004
Read Couts Feds will be a insane 3rd line. Can shut downs anyone and still get 60 goals.

RoDu

May 22, 2003
Winnipeg
Visit site
I don't know how this season will go, not as deep up front as we were last year, not as experienced on D as we were last year, but please, Homer, don't waste our draft picks, we really needs them

sobrien

RAFFLCOPTER
Jul 19, 2009
South Jersey
I'd personally flip Talbot for Wellwood, but other than that this is probably the best we have.
Anyone else not impressed?

I considered Feds and Max there a lot, but if we plug Talbot there, we have no 4th line C. Also, Talbot and Fedotenko have history playing together (and winning a Cup together), so I wanted to put them together, and they wouldn't fit on the 3rd line without Couts or Read bumping down. The 4th line should pull a solid amount of minutes this season. I also think 3LW may be a revolving door of players if Wellwood struggles.

bennysflyers16

Jan 26, 2004
I don't know how this season will go, not as deep up front as we were last year, not as experienced on D as we were last year, but please, Homer, don't waste our draft picks, we really needs them

I like forwards a bit better. Defence is worse, but I'm putting a lot of stock into both Schenns having big years being together. Love potential 3rd and 1st lines. Both should be improved imo

RoDu

May 22, 2003
Winnipeg
Visit site
I like forwards a bit better. Defence is worse, but I'm putting a lot of stock into both Schenns having big years being together. Love potential 3rd and 1st lines. Both should be improved imo

Well we lost JvR and Jagr who were both injured often, but gained a Fedotenko and a full time Schenn. If Voracek gells with Giroux and Hartnell I'll be happy

RJ8812*

I completely forgot about Matt Walker. Since I read it's going to be harder to bury a guy in the NHL, what are we going to do with him?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad