Series Discussion: The less important playoff series' (non-Caps ones) Part the Second

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lindemann

Apr 7, 2017
My bracket was blues vs caps

Still good for that at least

I think it’s gonna be Vegas vs Blues in the west finals

But if Dallas makes it they are gonna be tough

shtorm2005

Aug 9, 2015
Montreal, Canada
I can't get myself to get worried about NYI. When you don't have the horses, you don't have the horses, I don't care how good your coach is. He can only do so much.

But Columbus I am very worried about.
The problem with Trotz is that he's not only a good coach, but a good coach knowing very well opponent, every Caps player's forces and weaknesses. That's huge advantage. If Caps pass Canes, I'd be worried.

Reactions: Ovechkins Wodka

StrikingDistance

Buford T. Justice
Mar 19, 2015
DC
My Plan B team are the Blues. They're oldest active team never to have won the cup and to go from last to the Finals would be incredible. Problem is, they haven't played Dallas well at all. Hoping Avs take care of the Knights so we so have to watch their pre-game shows. Ugh.

Calicaps

NFA
Aug 3, 2006
Almost Canada
0578c017-7fc1-4827-8611-be817cb999e6-jpeg.218593
:laugh:

HandsomeTom43

May 2, 2018
I had Knights-Caps in the finals, and find that matchup highly intriguing. I think it would captivate the country having a rematch with a "re-loaded" Knights squad with Pacioretty and Stone against the Ovechkin led Caps.

All things being equal and for ratings sake, Maple Leafs/Caps from the East would be ideal, and probably Nashville/Vegas out west. Toronto and Boston are the only real traditional markets at this point, maybe New York but it's the Islanders we're talking about.

trick9

Jun 2, 2013
West is wide open this season.

Imagine being a Dallas or Avs fan this season. For Dallas their broadcast crew around Christmas when we played them were talking how getting to the Playoffs would be their Stanley Cup as they need that to build up the hype towards the All-Star Game they host next season. Suddenly they are up against the Predators and most of the top contenders in the West are either out or struggling and the route is there for them so who knows how far they can go.

For Avs it's basically the same thing. Suddenly all lines are clicking, their D look solid and Grubauer has been great so far. On top of that their future looks very bright as Makar has made a huge impact already and they have 4th pick in the draft and another pick in the 1st round aswell.

tenken00

Oh it's going down in Chinatown
Jan 29, 2010
Seeing how the Caps in 5 games this year play at a higher level at home versus the road so far, I am hoping for Toronto over Boston.

That way the Caps would have home ice no matter what all the way through if they can get there.

Last edited:

SpinningEdge

Feb 12, 2015
Fairfax, VA
The problem with Trotz is that he's not only a good coach, but a good coach knowing very well opponent, every Caps player's forces and weaknesses. That's huge advantage. If Caps pass Canes, I'd be worried.
There’s no answer for Ovechkin though. If Ovi plays the way he did yesterday, he’s a force unlike any other in nhl history. People have tried to figure him out for years - haven’t been able to.

Also, when caps are physical like yesterday it ends teams. Think about all the series last year towards end of them. Caps seem to be stronger and wear teams down more. They destroyed Blue Jackets end of series winning last 2 games of series. Pitt was handled Last 2 games of that series. Tampa was destroyed last two games of that series. Vegas was handled end of the series too with 4 straight.

Truth is, this current Caps team seems to be a team that as it gets deeper into a series it’s trouble for opponents. In games 5-7 last year caps were 7-1 last year

trick9

Jun 2, 2013
Leafs started the game well, then got a bad bounce against and suddenly they are ran off the arena. Shots are 19-6 Bruins now and Leafs have nothing going. They are such a soft bunch. Someone needs to step up or they will choke another series lead to Bruins.

marcel snapshot

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 15, 2005
Milbury has been vying for President of the Marcus Johansson haters' club. Called him "marshmallow soft," notwithstanding MoJo repeatedly getting to the front of the net ("flybys" according to the genius) and suggesting Backes should be in, even though he agrees that Bs are winning because they're playing faster. MoJo one of those guys who draws hate for what he's not, and little appreciation for the assets he has. That said, Bs fans seem to like him, because they have so few players of his ilk

AtNightWeFly

You better run.
Jun 1, 2014
Upstate NY
Mojo was my least favorite Cap once the Brouwers and the Laichs got the boot. Could never hate the guy though he's harmless. I'm glad he's doing well in Boston of all places.

Reactions: Silky mitts

marcel snapshot

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 15, 2005
Both of Chara's feet leave the ice on a hit on Muzzin, begging the question of why Z would ever have to jump into a hit

trick9

Jun 2, 2013
Milbury has been vying for President of the Marcus Johansson haters' club. Called him "marshmallow soft," notwithstanding MoJo repeatedly getting to the front of the net ("flybys" according to the genius) and suggesting Backes should be in, even though he agrees that Bs are winning because they're playing faster. MoJo one of those guys who draws hate for what he's not, and little appreciation for the assets he has. That said, Bs fans seem to like him, because they have so few players of his ilk

I can't blame him. I haven't seen him in a while and seeing him now in Bruins uniform i'm so happy he doesn't play for the Capitals anymore. I do know he's a solid player but he's one of the players i hate with a passion.

IafrateOvie34

May 14, 2009
There’s no answer for Ovechkin though. If Ovi plays the way he did yesterday, he’s a force unlike any other in nhl history. People have tried to figure him out for years - haven’t been able to.

Also, when caps are physical like yesterday it ends teams. Think about all the series last year towards end of them. Caps seem to be stronger and wear teams down more. They destroyed Blue Jackets end of series winning last 2 games of series. Pitt was handled Last 2 games of that series. Tampa was destroyed last two games of that series. Vegas was handled end of the series too with 4 straight.

Truth is, this current Caps team seems to be a team that as it gets deeper into a series it’s trouble for opponents. In games 5-7 last year caps were 7-1 last year

Love this post.

Reactions: calicapsfan
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad