Series Discussion: The less important playoff series' (non-Caps ones) Part the First

Status
Not open for further replies.

trick9

Jun 2, 2013
So...

Is the Playoff Bobrovsky of recent years just a myth that's created by us and Penguins who pretty much dismantled every other goalie in the league too during the Cup -winning years? I guess we deserve much more credit than people actually give us for piercing a multiple Vezina -goalie like that.

I'm one to blame on that, too. Always thought of him as a choker even though knowing that he's had the toughest match-up luck possible in each of the first-rounds he has played recently.

Reactions: ovikovy817

IafrateOvie34

May 14, 2009
Their fans will want blood if they lose this series... and it will probably start with Cooper

Imho, he should have been fired after that last post game presser. His deer in the headlights look says it all for me. As a coach he is to mentally prepare his team and have answers. He clearly is stunned and visibly shaken and going to feedback to the players. I think he is a good dude though. Glad it's not the Caps!

Go Caps!

Reactions: RandyHolt

twabby

Mar 9, 2010
I think they might only give Kadri 5 or 6 because there wasn't an injury and because they use the playoff multiplier.

IafrateOvie34

May 14, 2009
So...

Is the Playoff Bobrovsky of recent years just a myth that's created by us and Penguins who pretty much dismantled every other goalie in the league too during the Cup -winning years? I guess we deserve much more credit than people actually give us for piercing a multiple Vezina -goalie like that.

I'm one to blame on that, too. Always thought of him as a choker even though knowing that he's had the toughest match-up luck possible in each of the first-rounds he has played recently.

I've read for years folks saying Columbus was a bad team, but most that live near the team and watch them know they have the pieces to make a serious run. Imho, the key to them was always Bob playing to his capability and the team believing in themselves. Additionally, they are feeding off that grind to make the playoffs. Of all the teams the Caps can potentially face, this is the team I don't want to face. This does not mean I fear them. The Caps can beat anyone when playing their game and focused.

IafrateOvie34

May 14, 2009
Why the hate for Laine and the 'Peg ?

Las Vegas, I can understand .

No hate from me. Winnipeg is my second team after the Caps along with Edmonton. I know it's not the Jets heritage from the original days, but I always liked the city and grew up a big Hawerchuk fan. It was a terrible day to see the original Jets move to Phoenix. The fans there deserved better and glad to see them with another chance. It does get old though when the Caps play there and hearing the fans chant Crosby's name and jeer at Holtby. Imho, I think the winner of this Jets/Blues series will represent the West. Laine is a good player and going to represent the NHL for a while. I just ignore those main board troll threads about Laine over Ovy.

Reactions: ALLCAPSALLTHETIME

IafrateOvie34

May 14, 2009
Aaron Dell has been just as bad this year but I don't see how they can go back to Martin Jones in Game 4.

Also Mark Stone has a chance to be the best TDL acquisition in years. What a player.

No kidding and what a game last night.

kicksavedave

I'm just here for the memes and gifs.
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2009
Fallbrook, CA
www.tiasarms.org
I think they might only give Kadri 5 or 6 because there wasn't an injury and because they use the playoff multiplier.

I just noticed this in the NHL.com article about him getting an in person hearing.

According to the NHL/NHLPA collective bargaining agreement, a player has the right to an in-person hearing if facing a disciplinary suspension of six or more games.

AussieCapsFan

Apr 30, 2017
Gold Coast
Kadri got suspended for the remainder of the first round.

Interesting decision. My take on it: the league saw that there were a lot of nasty hits and dirty plays in that game and Kadri was provoked. They couldn't let it slide
given his history and the fact it was a blatant attempt to injure - but they also wanted to factor in the events leading up to it. So it's kind of a sliding rule suspension. could be 3 to 5 games.
What it also does is remove Kadri from the series which they are hoping is going to ease the tension - good luck with that! Then again not sure the Leafs have anybody else who plays like Kadri.

I don't know, could be full of shit. Just my thoughts on it.

AussieCapsFan

Apr 30, 2017
Gold Coast
Wilson woulda got playoffs.

The good thing about Wilson is that he's learned from his past indiscretions and plays a much more controlled game. He still hits hard but he also knows when to ease up and he's also
avoided contact on occasions when the "old" Wilson would have flattened the guy. I for one am really happy he's learned, because he's such a valuable player that it would be a huge loss if he got suspended.

Portable Mink

Sep 12, 2005
Melbourne, Australia
Variable suspension length is seriously a cop out and pathetic.
This was not a hockey play. It was a deliberate cross check to the head in anger.
By a repeat offender.
To me - thats the biggest mistake you can make in any sport: A non play related action made out of anger.

Should have been 5 games, doubled or tripled due to his history. Not on.

Langway

In den Wolken
Jul 7, 2006
Right on. There's precedent but it's absurd. If it's worth five games in this series why potentially reward the player and team should they manage to advance early?

Blitzkrieg365

Jan 1, 2015
DMV
This was not a hockey play. It was a deliberate cross check to the head in anger.
By a repeat offender.
To me - thats the biggest mistake you can make in any sport: A non play related action made out of anger.

Should have been 5 games, doubled or tripled due to his history. Not on.

Agree, his last suspension was 3 games and he's a repeat offender so they give him a variable suspension which could amount to 3 games. Makes no sense.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad