OT: The Lens Flare-free OT thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

BuiltTagonTough

Stand still laddy!
Jul 2, 2009
Buffalo
I just got called a speciest by someone on facebook for having the audacity to both eat meat and own a pet. Seriously? Ugh...

As for books, I second Wheel of Time. Probably shouldn't read all 14 at once though.

A Fire Upon the Deep by Vernor Vinge was tremendous if you want a sci-fi fix.

cybresabre

prōject positivity
Feb 27, 2002
+
I just got called a speciest by someone on facebook for having the audacity to both eat meat and own a pet. Seriously? Ugh...
It might come off as sarcastic, but just let the person win. "Wow, I never realized what a hypocrite I have been. You've changed me! I have just kicked (Rufus) out the front door and no amount of whimpering will convince me to let (him) back in--enjoying chicken wings means that I can't possibly enjoy the company of a dog."

Myllz

RELEASE THE KRAKEN
Jan 16, 2006
Vegas
Reminds me of this. I can't even watch this video without squirming in my chair.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation

As for books, I second Wheel of Time. Probably shouldn't read all 14 at once though.

A Fire Upon the Deep by Vernor Vinge was tremendous if you want a sci-fi fix.

I'm reminded of the old saw: if vegetarians eat vegetables, what do humanitarians eat??

slip

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 19, 2005
Riding my bike to work is easy. It's the damn hills on the way back home that I can't stand. :laugh:

gallagt01

Jun 10, 2006
Sloan
Celebrating the completion of my journalism degree with some beers out in Belfast this weekend.

I opted not to walk at commencement and instead embark on this little camping shindig. My mom must be proud.

AV18

Apr 27, 2004
Buffalo, NY
I used to think working from home every day would be awesome, but now my best friend does it and I think I would go insane from boredom.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad