OT: The Lens Flare-free OT thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Myllz

RELEASE THE KRAKEN
Jan 16, 2006
Vegas
oh, poor girl. even the "you suck at giving compliments" line is pretty pathetic.

:( :( :(

Amusingly (annoyingly?), she's the one that told me from the beginning all she wanted was friends. It's the only reason I started hanging out with her in the first place. Had I known this was coming, I wouldn't have even bothered.

Penalty Killa

glitter skates
Oct 1, 2007
Sabres Nation
Amusingly (annoyingly?), she's the one that told me from the beginning all she wanted was friends. It's the only reason I started hanging out with her in the first place. Had I known this was coming, I wouldn't have even bothered.

Dude - I thought it was the rule. Guys and girls can't JUST be friends. One will end up liking the other more. Fact. ;)

NotABadPeriod

ForFriendshipDikembe
Oct 28, 2006
So just finished off Dance with Dragons...so now I need new reading material. All suggestions welcome, some more than others. :)

misterchainsaw

Preparing PHASE TWO!
Nov 3, 2005
Rochester, NY
So just finished off Dance with Dragons...so now I need new reading material. All suggestions welcome, some more than others. :)
I recently finally picked up the new Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy book that has all the novels in one volume. I read them once before, but it's been more than 10 years I think and I'm really (re)enjoying Adams sense of humor. FWIW I loved the movie version too. Thought it captured the essence of the novels really well.

If you're looking for another fantasy series, my favorite is the Farseer Saga by Robin Hobb (interestingly, I've never been able to even get through any of her other series) - it's fantasy, but its a very unique world with its own great mythology and "magic" systems. And Fitz is an awesome POV character.

Last edited:

NotABadPeriod

ForFriendshipDikembe
Oct 28, 2006
I recently finally picked up the new Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy book that has all the novels in one volume. I read them once before, but it's been more than 10 years I think and I'm really (re)enjoying Adams sense of humor. FWIW I loved the movie version too. Thought it captured the essence of the novels really well.

If you're looking for another fantasy series, my favorite is the Farseer Saga by Robin Hobb (interestingly, I've never been able to even get through any of her other series) - it's fantasy, but its a very unique world with its own great mythology and "magic" systems. And Fitz is an awesome POV character.

I did the Hitchhiker's Guide series a few months ago actually :laugh:

I figure I'm probably going to go different genre for a break...then maybe the Silmarillion or something, but always good to add to a list of "books to eventually get around to".

Burgmania

Buffalo's Hockey Soundtrack
Apr 16, 2007
Buffalo, NY
Getting better at this whole customer service today - found out I was the top-rated agent in my pay grade in my service department for the month of April.

Lunch on the company? I'll take it! :handclap: Oh, and I get my picture on the wall. We got to make them funny. What did I do? Posed by the pole marked 'C4' near my desk.

What can I say? I had an explosive month!

TheMistyStranger

ミスト
May 21, 2005
Applied for a job last night that would potentially be a 30% raise and be only 25 hours a week. What the hell, right? :laugh:

joshjull

Aug 2, 2005
Hamburg,NY
My middle daughter will be heading out at 10:30pm tonight for a school trip to Quebec City. It's offered to the kids taking French in 8th grade at Frontier Middle. She comes back Sunday night. It should be a blast.

I'm a tad jealous or as she would say ... I'm jelly. :laugh:

NotABadPeriod

ForFriendshipDikembe
Oct 28, 2006
My middle daughter will be heading out at 10:30pm tonight for a school trip to Quebec City. It's offered to the kids taking French in 8th grade at Frontier Middle. She comes back Sunday night. It should be a blast.

I'm a tad jealous or as she would say ... I'm jelly. :laugh:

The scene Sunday night...

"Hi Dad, this is Francois, this really cool French dude I met..."

:sarcasm: (please don't ban me)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad