OT: The Lens Flare-free OT thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

BuiltTagonTough

Stand still laddy!
Jul 2, 2009
Buffalo
I prefer cubes.

Devastated that the families of Newtown had to be there today. Can't catch a break.

Keep them in your prayers as well.

AV18

Apr 27, 2004
Buffalo, NY
Luckily to the best of my knowledge all the people I know in Boston are all safe.

What really sucks is waiting for new information...it's going to take a while before everything is pieced together. Which in this day and age of 24-hour news is tough...you just want to click refresh and find that they figured something out...but it's the same thing as an hour prior.

Glad to hear that. I've got everyone accounted for (that I'm aware of). Right now it's just completely surreal looking at these awful pictures and actually being familiar with where this happened. :(

PlamsUnlimited

Big Church Bells
May 14, 2010
New York
Friends going to the schools up there back home with their folks outside the city, so my people are good... Hoping yours are all too.

For positivity, I got 230 dollars today. :yo:

NotABadPeriod

ForFriendshipDikembe
Oct 28, 2006
Glad to hear that. I've got everyone accounted for (that I'm aware of). Right now it's just completely surreal looking at these awful pictures and actually being familiar with where this happened. :(

If I had to count the number of times I've walked down Boyleston...

Just glad it wasn't worse than it was. Only a few deaths, although some of the injuries are a different sort of life sentence. Hope they bring the *******(s) who did this to justice.

PlamsUnlimited

Big Church Bells
May 14, 2010
New York
If I had to count the number of times I've walked down Boyleston...

Just glad it wasn't worse than it was. Only a few deaths, although some of the injuries are a different sort of life sentence. Hope they bring the *******(s) who did this to justice.

What's even worse is that it was perhaps another American citizen doing this to his/her fellow people.

flyingpig

Pay the Troll Toll
May 26, 2006
Pay the troll toll

I know. I used work right at the finish line at Copley Sq. Loved ,Patriots Day running of the marathon. I also loved watching the wheelchair participants come in . So inspiring. My prayers to all. My thanks to the responders who are truly inspirational

Der Jaeger

Generational EBUG
Feb 14, 2009
Cair Paravel
What's even worse is that it was perhaps another American citizen doing this to his/her fellow people.

Content of the bombs will be an important clue. AQI and the Taliban used ball bearing and other shrapnel-like material in their anti-personnel explosives. We even had an Afghan police truck hit by small pebbles stuffed into an explosive. It's standard use for AQ or other terrorist organizations.

It causes a lot of casualties. It's bad stuff. It's bad enough to see this in Afghanistan, Iraq, or any other combat zone. I hoped that stuff like this would never make it's way over here. I hope even more that it's not an American that learned these techniques and used it on his fellow citizens.

PlamsUnlimited

Big Church Bells
May 14, 2010
New York
Content of the bombs will be an important clue. AQI and the Taliban used ball bearing and other shrapnel-like material in their anti-personnel explosives. We even had an Afghan police truck hit by small pebbles stuffed into an explosive. It's standard use for AQ or other terrorist organizations.

It causes a lot of casualties. It's bad stuff. It's bad enough to see this in Afghanistan, Iraq, or any other combat zone. I hoped that stuff like this would never make it's way over here. I hope even more that it's not an American that learned these techniques and used it on his fellow citizens.

This. Hope the offender(s) are found...penalized..Hoping they also get on it right away and fast as possible.. before the offender(s) get away, as cheesy as it seems

Der Jaeger

Generational EBUG
Feb 14, 2009
Cair Paravel
This. Hope the offender(s) are found...penalized..Hoping they also get on it right away and fast as possible.. before the offender(s) get away, as cheesy as it seems

They'll find who it was pretty quickly.

Nearly all of the really effective intelligence and information gathering abilities are done outside the US. It's outside the US by law, but those agencies can still be of enormous utility. Stuff like NSA and the like. That said, a small clue, obtained through normal police work, can cue those capabilities.

Police work may find a shred of evidence that allows national agencies to search outside the US. They'll dig up a lot, which they pass to the FBI, and along with state and local agencies, they expand their search/investigation with new evidence.

I know some of the folks at those agencies. Sharpest folks you'll ever find outside places like Google and Apple. Those companies actually poach their employees from the federal agencies.

Duddy

Everyday is
Dec 24, 2005
topic chagne:

alright, story time, gather around kids.

Duddy is doing stuff that kinda makes him happy, but is soooo wrong.

As many you know or may not know, I'm currently in some sort of relationship with this really nice and sweet girl, but one of my biggest problems when it comes to dating creeped back from the shallow depths of hell, I get so easly bored when it comes to nice and sweet.

and yeah, as usual there's the bad witch that leads me to the horrible dark side that keeps draging me in, every damn time.

I have no clue what to do, because a) I know girl number one is good for me, she's not crazy, she's everything I ever wanted in a girl, b) is something, I don't want and need, but keeps pulling me in, keeps me awake at night, feels so good, but hurts so bad.

All I know is that someones heart will be broken and if I was a betting man, it'll be mine.

note for PK/AV don't hate me please, I'm really not a bad guy at all.

also I should totally write crappy emo songs.

PlamsUnlimited

Big Church Bells
May 14, 2010
New York
Go with girl one or else you end up miserable. It's worth fighting urges.

AAAAAAAAND. I'm getting lectured at UB in the student union about abortion being a sin. I respect the opinions of all ... Just don't follow me around the Tim hortons line...

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
topic chagne:

As many you know or may not know, I'm currently in some sort of relationship with this really nice and sweet girl, but one of my biggest problems when it comes to dating creeped back from the shallow depths of hell, I get so easly bored when it comes to nice and sweet.

and yeah, as usual there's the bad witch that leads me to the horrible dark side that keeps draging me in, every damn time.

I have no clue what to do, because a) I know girl number one is good for me, she's not crazy, she's everything I ever wanted in a girl, b) is something, I don't want and need, but keeps pulling me in, keeps me awake at night, feels so good, but hurts so bad.

All I know is that someones heart will be broken and if I was a betting man, it'll be mine.

Easy -- spend your time finding out what "nice and sweets" darker bits are. :laugh:

Old Navy Goat

Apr 24, 2003
Pattaya Thailand aka adult Disneyland
topic chagne:

Duddy, the answer is easy; pick the hotter one, deep down they're both the same. All women are evil and psychotic, so it just means the 'sweet one's' dark side hasn't manifested itself yet.

kirby11

Mar 16, 2011
Buffalo, NY
topic chagne:

I'm sort of in the same boat...except i recently found out the girl I thought was nice, sweet, and innocent is a LOT more corrupted than I am :laugh: :D It was a bit of a surprise, but definitely not a bad one. Maybe that will happen to you as well?

Duddy

Everyday is
Dec 24, 2005
I'm sort of in the same boat...except i recently found out the girl I thought was nice, sweet, and innocent is a LOT more corrupted than I am :laugh: :D It was a bit of a surprise, but definitely not a bad one. Maybe that will happen to you as well?

Nah, she's about as dark as sunshine on an August day.

:laugh::cry:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad