Worst LWMD Commish in History

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Horse McHindu

They call me Horse.....
Jun 21, 2014
Beijing
What’s with the draft being so slow the last few days?

Hopefully, things pick up.

At this rate, we won’t finish this thing until October.

hi

Sell sell sell
May 23, 2008
Denis Malkin and Anthony DeAngelo are on the trade block

Joey Moss

Aug 29, 2008
just do a damn free for all and let everyone fill their rosters. anyone who doesn't fill out their rosters by next week should be out.

none of these players getting drafted right now are going to sway votes.
this

biturbo19

Jul 13, 2010
What’s with the draft being so slow the last few days?

Hopefully, things pick up.

At this rate, we won’t finish this thing until October.

Doesn't help that people keep picking players who are already picked tbh.

just do a damn free for all and let everyone fill their rosters. anyone who doesn't fill out their rosters by next week should be out.

none of these players getting drafted right now are going to sway votes.

I think once we turtle speed our way through this last "starting roster" round, the last 2-3 rounds of "spare players" probably should/will be a free-for-all. It was last time, wasn't it? They're just afterthought spares after all. But it'd be a bit unfair to spring it in the middle of a round. Not that i care, 'cause i've already got mine.

Horse McHindu

They call me Horse.....
Jun 21, 2014
Beijing
Doesn't help that people keep picking players who are already picked tbh.

I think once we turtle speed our way through this last "starting roster" round, the last 2-3 rounds of "spare players" probably should/will be a free-for-all. It was last time, wasn't it? They're just afterthought spares after all. But it'd be a bit unfair to spring it in the middle of a round. Not that i care, 'cause i've already got mine.

I think one reason why people keep picking already-selected players, is because it’s taking much longer to update the spreadsheet.

This isn’t a knock on ATC by the way since it’s summer and we all have lives, but yeah.......I’m also in favor of doing the “free for all” at the conclusion of Round 20 when most teams will have their starting rosters complete.

Reactions: Tryamkin

Tryamkin

May 18, 2015
Canada
I don’t really see the point of rushing. The point of the draft is to go throughout the summer, and people used to like voting even as the season started so the good starts of players would help boost their voting. I’m down with whatever though.

biturbo19

Jul 13, 2010
I don’t really see the point of rushing. The point of the draft is to go throughout the summer, and people used to like voting even as the season started so the good starts of players would help boost their voting. I’m down with whatever though.

I mean, i'm probably a weirdo...but i'm still totally into it and if anything, just frustrated it's taking so long before i can take my next players 'cause i'm still kinda excited about some of them. But i'd totally understand going to the free-for-all for the "spares" rounds again if a lot of people's interest is waning or whatever.

Nucker101

Foundational Poster
Apr 2, 2013
If voting took place during the season then I think a few people would change their strategies.

Less about “name value” then and more about projecting who breaks or regresses/declines

Also.. hai <3

Tryamkin

May 18, 2015
Canada
If voting took place during the season then I think a few people would change their strategies.

Less about “name value” then and more about projecting who breaks or regresses/declines

Also.. hai <3
Back in the original days it used to be at the beginning of the season. Now all of the newer GMs are in a rush to finish.

Horse McHindu

They call me Horse.....
Jun 21, 2014
Beijing
I’m fine with whatever. If it’s been tradition to have things go slower at this time of year and vote while the season is going on, then maybe it’s just better to continue that.

biturbo19

Jul 13, 2010
tbh i got a 30-40pt top-9 winger/center in the 20th round. I've probably still got cards to play. Let's ride.

Horse McHindu

They call me Horse.....
Jun 21, 2014
Beijing
tbh i got a 30-40pt top-9 winger/center in the 20th round. I've probably still got cards to play. Let's ride.

Nice.

I’ve got a few ideas for some spare players....that if used SPARINGLY......can sway some votes if I can sell people on my plan.

The free-for-all may not also play to my advantage due to the fact that I live in Shanghai. Everyone will likely submit their rosters at a certain time while I’d be asleep.

In short - I agree with you. Maybe it’s better to ride this thing out.

E D

Winger Super Squad
Feb 13, 2012
Canadia
Spares don't matter really at all. If they did, I would have won last year with Yanni Gourde as my first extra :sarcasm: (Now my #1 C, proud of my sweet good boi)

Captain Bowie

Jan 18, 2012
My initial idea was to do the draft during the playoffs and the voting right around Stanley Cup time. Pretty the first LWMD started in April. That's how our forefathers envisioned it.

Joey Moss

Aug 29, 2008
At least cut the time limit to 1 hour, 2 tops if we're not doing free for all. A week between rounds is just ridiculous at this point..

No one has even made a pick today...

Tryamkin

May 18, 2015
Canada
My initial idea was to do the draft during the playoffs and the voting right around Stanley Cup time. Pretty the first LWMD started in April. That's how our forefathers envisioned it.
I agree man, all I’m saying is we usually vote while hockey is being played.

NeoCanuck

Jay Beagle? In THIS economy?
Jan 17, 2005
North Vancouver B.C.
Alright, so we have three options I feel like:

1). Free for all starting 9AM on Friday. Finishing up your remaining picks.

2). Move the clock to 2 hours so that the draft will just wrap up by the end of the weekend most likely.

3). Stay the course and end the draft by the middle of training camp.

E D

Winger Super Squad
Feb 13, 2012
Canadia
Doesn't matter to me but so many people just aren't making picks, it'd be easier to either shorten the clock or do a free for all. Otherwise the clock becomes a bit of a mess when 3-4 people get skipped and everyone is too lazy to figure out who's up next and it gets to the point where people will just make up their picks when they have time anyways.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad