The Leafs next captain

janesy12

Leafs Nation
Aug 27, 2010
Newfoundland
Logical choice is Lupul. Great with the fans, seems to be great in the dressing room and with the reporters.

If Kadri keeps up his play, grittiness and ability to talk to the difficult Toronto media, he may get the nod.

That being said, I don't see Phaneuf leaving Toronto.

blue82

BELEAF (win or lose)
Dec 7, 2009
Leaf Nation
i think Nazem has that special will and determination in him that very few players have and we are starting to see that now..this guy no doubt in my mind will be team captain sometime down the road..will he be the next one..not really sure

leftwinghockey

Jun 21, 2012
Toronto
I detest Phaneuf as our captain. Ideally Naz would develop into a dynamic, heart and soul 1st line centre and our captain. That would be everything this organization needs.

Felstead

Boss Status
Feb 7, 2011
Ontario, Canada
MR4!!!

I be honest though, I'd like to give it to a vocal forward with high energy that does all things right. If that means acquiring such guy then so be it. We need a statement captain that can pump the guys up to keep fighting wether your down 2-1 or 5-1.

Give me Corry Perry

Kurisu

mad scientist
Aug 13, 2012
In A Lonely Corner
MR4!!!

I be honest though, I'd like to give it to a vocal forward with high energy that does all things right. If that means acquiring such guy then so be it. We need a statement captain that can pump the guys up to keep fighting wether your down 2-1 or 5-1.

Give me Corry Perry

you obviously don't know Corey Perry.

firstemperor

May 25, 2011
The next in line after Phaneuf is a long ways away. I can only see Mclement temporarily taking on that Burden, with Kadri waiting in the wings to potentially be that figurehead.

Doug Gilmour

Oct 5, 2010
Seth Jones or Nathan MacKinnon :sarcasm: But seriously, IF Phaneuf were to leave McClement, Lupul, or (if he stays here) MacArthur.

mikebel111*

Morgan Rielly
Nazem Kadri
Tyler Biggs

that would be nice
alternates could be kadri and biggs
with reilly as captain

but finn and percy also have a shot, we have many character guys, so it will be a good battle in the future, who gets captain role

Wami

Chicken Lyfe'
Mar 8, 2013
Kadri has big paws for a puppy. With the right development and consistent play I can definitely see him as a captain in 2-4 years. He's got the personality and is pretty much adored by the fans, he's gritty and doesn't back down, and boy can he play.

As for right now, Phaneuf is staying (unless we 18-Wheeler again, then all bets are off). If Phaneuf gets traded, then it will definitely be Lupul. If Lupul excels in the role and keeps putting up big numbers, he will keep it and Kadri may never see it :(.

FelixPotvin29

Oct 21, 2012
Not sure who would want to be Captain on a team with horrid defense.

Dion is our captain and I don't see him going anywhere. He's only 27 and is still maturing into his role on this team.

I hope he is captain here for a long time.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad