Speculation: The Leafs new Strength and Conditioning Coach?

Atomos2

Jun 28, 2012
Toronto, Ontario
Bodybuilders knew about the stuff Gary Roberts preaches well before Gary Roberts.

My older brother was a professional bodybuilder. Competed professionally. The stuff he and other body builders were doing over 20 years ago, diet wise, is what Roberts is teaching.

All these new fads and stuff was just discovered by the so called "gurus".

Raw foodist are the ones who popularized green drinks and juicing, living on Kale etc.

What I'm getting at is, you could find guys as knowledgeable or way more knowledgeable than Roberts easily. He isn't some originator that is the only one who can help.

Although simply being Gary Roberts demands respect.

I think your last point sums up the main point. It's not about the message, it's about how it gets delivered and received.

Durkin67

I think your last point sums up the main point. It's not about the message, it's about how it gets delivered and received.

It's both, but your point is well made. A young player is certainly going to listen to the guy who helped Stamkos maximise his potential by refining his training and eating habits. Roberts knows how to train for the long haul and how to resist and recover from injury as quickly and completely as possible. He demands a level of respect based on his history in the sport on and off the ice.

Diamond Joe Quimby

A$AP Joffrey
Aug 14, 2010
Washington, DC
he benefitted from every facet of the Gary Roberts program.

I still have contacts at the board of UPMC from my time in Pittsburgh. I've seen the Gary Roberts program that he shared with them prior to being named to lead the sports development program at the Lemiuex complex.

But since you've been to the bio-steel complex in North York, and seen it first hand, could you please enlighten me as to what differentiates Roberts' program from that of another strength and conditioning coach?

I'm really willing to listen.

Durkin67

I still have contacts at the board of UPMC from my time in Pittsburgh. I've seen the Gary Roberts program that he shared with them prior to being named to lead the sports development program at the Lemiuex complex.

But since you've been to the bio-steel complex in North York, and seen it first hand, could you please enlighten me as to what differentiates Roberts' program from that of another strength and conditioning coach?

I'm really willing to listen.
YOuve blown off one of the most effective HOCKEY strength and conditioning experts in the pro game as a "has-been" who is riding on former glories. I don't expect the quality of conversation to improve at this point.

LolungoReboundo

LeafsOnLeafsOnLeafs
Jan 28, 2011
Brampton
NFL players are also known for relying heavily on HGH, something the NFL turns a blind eye to. NHL players also take workouts and fitness seriously, just very few of them end up wearing a Leafs sweater. This goes back to the Wilson days, he was absolutely shocked at some of the test results he saw.

rich coming from the guy who hired a person to have players on bikes after games....

btw apparently Kessel has trained with Roberts in the past..
http://hfboards.mandatory.com/showthread.php?t=958755

thewave

Jun 17, 2011
I nominate the Gary Roberts program to be integrated. Carried out by qualified Staff of his company and overseen by him personally once a week or so.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad