Confirmed with Link: The Leafs have hired Jacques Lemaire as Special Assignment Coach.

Status
Not open for further replies.

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
Why is it a joke?

Plenty of former players become Scouts.

The Ducks hired Todd Marchant as a scout when he retired, and now, just 5 years after retiring, is their Director of Player Development.

But he didn't get the job because of who he was related to, he got the job because he was an effective player and knew what to look for in a talented player.

Troy Bodie was pretty much Garbage and is only in the position he is in because of who his father in law is

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
But he didn't get the job because of who he was related to, he got the job because he was an effective player and knew what to look for in a talented player.

Troy Bodie was pretty much Garbage and is only in the position he is in because of who his father in law is

Leiweke has no control over the Leafs.

He's running day-to-day business operations until MLSE can find a proper replacement.

The only thing he's done was hire Brendan Shanahan for the Leafs. Even when he was the legitimate CEO, he never even had an impact on the Leafs, he focused on TFC and the Raptors.

You understand that the majority of scouts were "garbage". Most never even saw the NHL.

Kyle Dubas, doesn't have a hockey career outside of possibly minor hockey as a kid. Does that mean he doesn't know what to look for?

Troy Bodie was a good worker for the Leafs/Marlies, has retired, and is starting the next phase of his life as a scout. The Leafs organization, gave him the shot. He'll learn stuff from the other scouts, and considering he, himself, has reached the level where the majority of hockey players never do, I think he'll do fine.

There's nothing else to it.

Honestly, why Leaf fans need to endlessly ***** about everything this organization does, is ****ing brutal.

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
Leiweke has no control over the Leafs.

He's running day-to-day business operations until MLSE can find a proper replacement.

The only thing he's done was hire Brendan Shanahan for the Leafs. Even when he was the legitimate CEO, he never even had an impact on the Leafs, he focused on TFC and the Raptors.

You understand that the majority of scouts were "garbage". Most never even saw the NHL.

Kyle Dubas, doesn't have a hockey career outside of possibly minor hockey as a kid. Does that mean he doesn't know what to look for?

Troy Bodie was a good worker for the Leafs/Marlies, has retired, and is starting the next phase of his life as a scout. The Leafs organization, gave him the shot. He'll learn stuff from the other scouts, and considering he, himself, has reached the level where the majority of hockey players never do, I think he'll do fine.

There's nothing else to it.

Honestly, why Leaf fans need to endlessly ***** about everything this organization does, is ****ing brutal.

This guy will bring absolutely NOTHING of value soon enough you will all find that out

diceman934

Help is on the way.
Jul 31, 2010
NHL player factory
This guy will bring absolutely NOTHING of value soon enough you will all find that out

Based on what?

All that I know is that this man worked hard enough to play 159 NHL games with little NHL skills...to me his work ethic he established makes him a great candidate as a scout, as it is a lot of work without supervision and a person Like Brodie has already shown a commitment to work hard.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad