OT: The last time the Leafs were in the playoffs

Eyedea

The Legend Continues
Jan 29, 2012
Toronto, Ontario
On a similar note, here are some TV shows that ended that year:

Ricki Lake

You read that right. All these shows had their series finale in same year as the last Leafs playoff appearance.

Not sure if this has been brought up, but Ricki Lake has had a new talk show since September of last year. Obviously the Leafs were waiting for her to come back.

LeafOfBread

Feb 25, 2010
Mississauga, ON
Not sure if this has been brought up, but Ricki Lake has had a new talk show since September of last year. Obviously the Leafs were waiting for her to come back.

It's also gotten axed already. They decided not to renew it and it'll be over after September 2013.

Jerry and Maury completely killed her ratings :laugh:

James Duthie

Kadri is 3 Hunna
May 1, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
Last time the Leafs were in the playoffs, I was 8 years old watching Shrek 2 and Spiderman 2, watching the classic shows on YTV and the Family Channel, just learning multiplication and division, finding girls nasty, thinking the words "dumb and heck" were bad words, thought my mom changing the channel to CP24 was horrible and played Need For Speed Underground on my PS2 all day. Man have times changed.

battfan888

Podcaster
Feb 29, 2012
Sleeman Centre
Since then the following people have died....

Ronald Reagan
Ray Charles
Marlon Brando
Christopher Reeve
Rodney Dangerfield
Dimebag Darrell

Johnny Carson
Terri Schiavo
Pope John Paul II
Peter Jennings
Rosa Parks
Eddie Guerrero
Richard Pryor

Bernie Geoffrion
Syd Barrett
Steve Irwin
James Brown
Gerald Ford
Saddam Hussein

Anna Nicole Smith
Chris Benoit
Merv Griffin
Colin McRae
Evil Knievel

Heath Ledger
George Carlin
Paul Newman

Bea Arthur
Farrah Fawcett
Michael Jackson
Walter Cronkite
Ted Kennedy

Corey Haim
DIO
Gary Coleman
Dennis Hopper

Elizabeth Taylor
Osama Bin Laden
Macho Man Randy Savage
Pavol Demitra
Alexander Karpovtsev
Igor Korolev
Dan Wheldon

Mike Wallace
Dick Clark
Rodney King
Neil Armstrong

Roger Ebert
Margaret Thatcher

Garbs

Jul 2, 2005
London, Ontario
The last time the Leafs were in the playoffs Mats Sundin, Brian Leetch, Joe Nieuwendyk, and Ron Francis played for our team.

Now they're all in the HOF.

LeafsFIO*

I take it with a grain of salt because I was a teenage father (not on purpose or anything), but if you told me as an 11-year old in 2005 that I would be watching the Leafs next playoff game with my daughter...wow.

Hyperglide

Sep 20, 2011
Ontario, Canada
I was still in my twenties.. and on my 1st job. Now currently on my 4th.

Here were some hits from 2004:

Salt Shaker - Ying Yang Twins
Pieces Of Me - Ashlee Simpson
Call On Me - Eric Prydz
Let's Get It Started In Here- Black Eyed Peas
Freek-A-Leek - Petey Pablo

Vince Carter and Chris Bosh were still Raptors. Bosh was a rookie.

The largest expansion to date of the European Union takes place, extending the Union by 10 member-states: Poland, Lithuania, Latvia, Estonia, the Czech Republic, Slovakia, Slovenia, Hungary, Malta and Cyprus.

The first transit of Venus since 1882 occurs; the next one occurred in 2012.

The 2004 Olympics took place. Canada won 12 medals (3 Gold, 6 Silver, 3 Bronze)

Construction of the Burj Khalifa begins. It is the tallest man made structure in the world in the UAE.

Some notable deaths:
Marlon Brando
Ronald Reagan
Ray Charles
Tony Randall
Rick James
Rodney Dangerfield
Christopher Reeve
Ol' Dirty *******
Yasser Arafat
'Dimebag' Darrell
Reggie White

Players inducted into HoF in 2004:

Ray Bourque
Paul Coffey
Former Leaf Larry Murphy..

LadyLeaf

Apr 14, 2013
Toronto
I was still in highschool.

Since - Went to college, graduated, got married, bought a house, now have a kid.

This! Except for the kid part. I watched the playoffs on an old school tube television. I was driving my first car: an Oldsmobile beater, but it was decked out with 4 Leafs car flags and other TML gear.

The last time the Leafs were in the playoffs I was still a virgin. :D

This too, but for real! LOL

Syn3rgetic

Boats the Burn
Apr 10, 2010
Markham
The Leafs were my girlfriend, always bringing me quite close, showing me her huge potentials but never finished. Being a virgin in the early 2000s as a Leafs fan wasn't all that bad. :D

LeeIs

....--....
Mar 17, 2004
T.O.
I wonder if LeeIs is up to making some this year. He can make some amazing avatars.

I'm up to making them every year (every year is 1 year every decade) ;) There are still lots of good avatar makers here. Hopefully we'll create a playoff avatar thread where anyone can post their version when we get close the clinching.

Garbs

Jul 2, 2005
London, Ontario
I'm up to making them every year (every year is 1 year every decade) ;) There are still lots of good avatar makers here. Hopefully we'll create a playoff avatar thread where anyone can post their version when we get close the clinching.

Not until there's an x.

yakfish

"Holy Mackinaw!"
Dec 21, 2012
Ohio
I still lived with my parents, I started dating my wife, got married, bought a house, had two daughters, started two small businesses, one flopped the other one might too!

Commander Clueless

Hiya, hiya. Pleased to meetcha.
Sep 10, 2008
The Leafs were my girlfriend, always bringing me quite close, showing me her huge potentials but never finished. Being a virgin in the early 2000s as a Leafs fan wasn't all that bad. :D

Wasn't bad at all.

...and still isn't.

Since the last time the Leafs were in the playoffs, life has happened. Not to me mind you, but to some people.

Loosie

The Eternal Optimist
Jun 14, 2011
Kitchener, Ontario
Let's see..my now wife and I had only been dating for a year. We were living in an apartment. We now have a house, a five year-old 'new' car (brand new when we bought it), a cat, and two boys.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad