OT: The last time the Leafs were in the playoffs

LeafOfBread

Feb 25, 2010
Mississauga, ON
Last time the Leafs made the playoffs, I was in 5th grade and thought girls were icky.

Now, I'm halfway through a BS in biology and have been in a committed relationship for over 2 years.

Crazy.

Lol I'm halfway through my degree and also in a 2 year relationship. Cool

Squiffy

Victims, rn't we all
Oct 21, 2006
Toronto
Just think, you won't have to be on your best behaviour now that you're no longer a mod :laugh:

Raise hell.

Just once I would have liked to have modded a happy, playoff bound board lol.. we went through some dark years here on my watch. Maybe I was the problem huh?

anderson3133

Apr 14, 2010
Kitchener
Just once I would have liked to have modded a happy, playoff bound board lol.. we went through some dark years here on my watch. Maybe I was the problem huh?

I feel like chaos might ensue during the playoffs. Consider yourself lucky that you won't be on duty for the carnage, especially if we bow out to either one of the Habs or the Bruins in the first round.

Squiffy

Victims, rn't we all
Oct 21, 2006
Toronto
I feel like chaos might ensue during the playoffs. Consider yourself lucky that you won't be on duty for the carnage, especially if we bow out to either one of the Habs or the Bruins in the first round.

Undoubtedly, but I gotta admit part of me will miss the experience of modding Leafs in playoffs, I paid my damn dues :laugh:

The Blue Devil

Nov 9, 2009
Was still living a party life, working in clubs. Two kids, a wife, few jobs, one hockey message board and an entirely different life ago.

Can't wait.

I think we're all anxiously awaiting the removal of your paper bag:laugh:...at least I am.

LolungoReboundo

LeafsOnLeafsOnLeafs
Jan 28, 2011
Brampton
haha wow I was 12 or 13 in Grade 7 I think and man I was still watching cartoons LOL..hahah (dbz ftw :sarcasm: ) Was playing soccer with friends who stayed with it and have gone to various leagues in Europe and have played for Canada U18, Jeez that was so long ago
I'm about to graduate with my BBA (one more exam to go haha), I still remember that JR goal I may have cried a little bit that night..lol

You Like Boyce

Mar 7, 2011
How much did gas cost back then? Anyone remember that one day where Petro Canada or Esso had a sale for 40 cents a litre. Lineups were insane..

I remember that, it was late spring/early summer of '03 just after all that SARS bs had blown over. I think it was just limited to the GTA though and it was $0.49 a litre for either a day like Friday or a weekend. I had just got my first ride and it's nuts thinking about how much cheaper gas was then.

A lot has changed since the Leafs were last in the playoffs. I've thought about this a few times and it's scary haha

RealisticLeaf55

Win it clean for J.T
Sep 28, 2010
A place
The last time the Leafs made the playoffs I was 14 and was captain of a hockey team and had just stepped into high school. Since then:

16: Won a hockey tournament, Leafs finished 9th.
18: Got a major concussion, sports all but ended for me. Dropped out of high school
18-20: Lived in London/Toronto. Did too much partying and barely remember much of my time in either place.
20-21: Went to a party, met some random chick. month later she walks into timmies (was working there at the time) and asked her to a date.
22: With that girl for a year now. Got my high school education. In University for my first year and the Leafs are finally getting it together.

Weird how my life could be so similar to the Leafs success o_O

Quarter

The caravan moves on
Mar 3, 2011
Ontario
I had just turned 13 and was playing the hell out of RuneScape... I'm fairly certain my hair was obscenely long as well.

LeafOfBread

Feb 25, 2010
Mississauga, ON
The last time the Leafs made the playoffs I was 14 and was captain of a hockey team and had just stepped into high school. Since then:

18: Got a major concussion, sports all but ended for me. Dropped out of high school
18-20: Lived in London/Toronto. Did too much partying and barely remember much of my time in either place.
20-21: Went to a party, met some random chick. month later she walks into timmies (was working there at the time) and asked her to a date.
22: With that girl for a year now. Got my high school education. In University for my first year and the Leafs are finally getting it together.

Good for you man, it's never too late

Hurt

Apr 6, 2009

Nice man. Better slightly late than never. 22 is probably a good age because you're young enough that you're not married or anything but also old enough to have (hopefully) more maturity than the 18 year olds in first year. Good luck.

Mess

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Leafs Home Board
I was once known as ** The Messenger ** and changed my username to ** Mess ** during the JFJ era and kept it throughout the Burke era as well as it, signified and described the current status of my beloved Leafs best.

Now with Nonis & Carlyle and pending playoffs again, with the Leafs restored from the depths, perhaps ** The Messenger ** will return to spread the good news again of our conquests.

LeafsMonster

Marlanderthews
Feb 3, 2012
Toronto
Mean girls came out.

What ever happened to the main girl in that movie? Hasn't been heard of since :sarcasm:

Last edited:

Daisy Jane

everything is gonna be okay!
Jul 2, 2009
I was once known as ** The Messenger ** and changed my username to ** Mess ** during the JFJ era and kept it throughout the Burke era as well as it, signified and described the current status of my beloved Leafs best.

Now with Nonis & Carlyle and pending playoffs again, with the Leafs restored from the depths, perhaps ** The Messenger ** will return to spread the good news again of our conquests.

hehe I REMEMBER you as "the Messenger" :)

LeafsNation92

Jun 24, 2007
Ronaldo and Messi both had not emerged as the best players in the world. Crosby nor Oveckin were not even drafted.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Real Madrid vs Cádiz
    Real Madrid vs Cádiz
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $4,740.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Monaco vs Clermont Foot
    Monaco vs Clermont Foot
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $770.00