The Last Of Us Part II

JoVel

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2017
Relly annoyed about all of this shit. I know once the game gets released the internet will be full of spoilers to avoid, but now I gotta do it for two months? f*** that. I feel so bad for those who already got spoiled, I saw a Youtube video with some spoilers in the title but managed to look away just in time. Can't imagine how pissed off the developers must be right now.

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
Can't imagine how pissed off the developers must be right now.
Considering it was likely a disgruntled dev that leaked it because of crunch, I'm not sure they would be pissed at the leaker.

That being said, I roll my eyes at the crunch narrative a lot of the time. Some make it act like they have the only job that has times of "crunch". Try being at a CPA firm during tax season.

Last edited:

JoVel

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2017
Considering it was likely a disgruntled dev that leaked it because of crunch, I'm not sure they would be pissed at the leaker.

That being said, I roll my eyes at the crunch narrative a lot of the time. Some make it act like they have the only job that has times of "crunch". Try being at a CPA firm during tax season.
That depends, is it one employee that's being a diva or a whole bunch of developers who think they've been treated poorly. Can't really tell unless you know the details.

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
That depends, is it one employee that's being a diva or a whole bunch of developers who think they've been treated poorly. Can't really tell unless you know the details.
Yeah, that's just why I said I wasn't sure. Really the only people upset IMO would be the people with bonuses based on how the game sells. If the leaks impact that, then plenty will be upset.

Carlzner

Oct 31, 2011
Denver, CO
That's one of many issues.
When I first saw the leaks yesterday afternoon, the amount of negativity and uproar was absurd. I thought it had to be so, so bad. And then I accidentally spoiled it for myself and realized how absolutely ridiculous and over the top everyone complaining was.

No matter how "bad" you think the story leaks are there is no reason for the negativity to be as high as it is.

It makes sense that it's being used as a tactic by a certain group of people pushing their agenda. They're much more obvious about it on certain subreddits.

K Fleur

Sacrifice
Mar 28, 2014
I saw the leaks and, atleast on paper, the story doesn't sound very good or interesting. But The Last of Us 1's story on paper is fairly basic. What made it awesome(to me atleast) was how it was told.

Rabid Ranger

2 is better than one
Feb 27, 2002
Murica
When I first saw the leaks yesterday afternoon, the amount of negativity and uproar was absurd. I thought it had to be so, so bad. And then I accidentally spoiled it for myself and realized how absolutely ridiculous and over the top everyone complaining was.

No matter how "bad" you think the story leaks are there is no reason for the negativity to be as high as it is.

It makes sense that it's being used as a tactic by a certain group of people pushing their agenda. They're much more obvious about it on certain subreddits.

Agenda is definitely the operative word.

aleshemsky83

Apr 8, 2008

Agreed, I've always said, the only thing more annoying than the sjw crowd is the anti-sjw crowd. Both sides ironically have this oppressed victim complex. Ultimately, it kind of does pan out for them, cause the absolute fit they throw creates so much negative press around a game or movie that casual people who don't have time to actually look this stuff up just assume the outcry is legitimate and stay away.

Last edited:

Dick Sledge

The Tactleneck
Feb 11, 2009
The new 90 min video leak gives away a lot more. More cut scenes shown, more important game play shown.

SolidSnakeUS

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2009
Baldwinsville, NY
Can we just acknowledge the leak but not talk about it? I still luckily know f***ing nothing from the leaks but I don't want anything to start here. I don't normally ask stuff like this but I think it would benefit most people if we refrain from it. Thank you in advance.

JaegerDice

The mark of my dignity shall scar thy DNA
Dec 26, 2014
If anything, the leak made me more interested in a game I had been steadily losing interest in since the first reveal.

It seemed like a totally unnecessary sequel with a trite 'theme'. At least the reveals in the leaks demonstrate ND is trying some interesting things story-telling wise to explore that theme.

Reactions: Beau Knows

aleshemsky83

Apr 8, 2008
Turns out it wasn't a ND employee but some hackers??? Looks like people were hating on ND for nothing.
I highly doubt that. The game Dev servers would have to be stored on the same servers as the Sony multiplayer servers. The story makes no sense. Likely damage control. It's possible but I'm skeptical.

Natey

GOATS
Aug 2, 2005
I had been staying away from new on this game.. but no multiplayer? What the f***. The Last of Us is one of my favourite games of all-time along with A Plague Tale, Uncharted, and Tomb Raider.... but the multiplayer was amazing. Really, really, really disappointing. First the Uncharted 4 Multiplayer was ass compared to Uncharted 3, and now Last of Us 2 doesn't even have Multiplayer after the Last of Us 1 multiplayer was so amazing.

Really disappointing and now I might as well just went until the game goes on sale. Unfortunate.

Reactions: YNWA14

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
I'm still going to get it right away, but it is disappointing that there wont be multiplayer. I loved TLoU's multiplayer.

The Crypto Guy

Jun 26, 2017
I had been staying away from new on this game.. but no multiplayer? What the f***. The Last of Us is one of my favourite games of all-time along with A Plague Tale, Uncharted, and Tomb Raider.... but the multiplayer was amazing. Really, really, really disappointing. First the Uncharted 4 Multiplayer was ass compared to Uncharted 3, and now Last of Us 2 doesn't even have Multiplayer after the Last of Us 1 multiplayer was so amazing.

Really disappointing and now I might as well just went until the game goes on sale. Unfortunate.
Odd to be mad about no multiplayer in a very strong single player game..

aleshemsky83

Apr 8, 2008
Well, it's really the only thing that keeps it from being a weekend rental with no replay value. The online for last of Us 1 was quite popular too, and I liked the multiplayer for uncharted 4 too (and it was 60 fps). People just don't know about it cause it's not really marketed. Uncharted 3 had good multiplayer too and still does but I only played it after uncharted 4 came out so all the players playing it were playing it for years and I got smoked.

Pilky01

Jan 30, 2012
GTA
I adored TLOU1 but never played any of the DLC because as far as I an concerned that was a perfectly told story with a perfect told ending. I have never wanted for a second more from it.

I suspect I will play TLOU2 eventually, but I am not particularly interested in it.

Natey

GOATS
Aug 2, 2005
How is that odd? I'll beat the story in 1-2 days. Then won't replay it for probably a year or two.

The multiplayer in the first game was so good. I played the first Last of Us for probably 2 months straight. That's a great buy for $80.

This I can play for 1-2 days and then maybe again on the unlocked hardest difficulty (if there is one) and then it'll sit on the shelf.

My other favourite game ever, A Plague Tale: Innocence had no multiplayer. I loved the experience. Loved it. But it was still a 2-3 day experience rather than a few weeks or a couple months.

Well, it's really the only thing that keeps it from being a weekend rental with no replay value. The online for last of Us 1 was quite popular too, and I liked the multiplayer for uncharted 4 too (and it was 60 fps). People just don't know about it cause it's not really marketed. Uncharted 3 had good multiplayer too and still does but I only played it after uncharted 4 came out so all the players playing it were playing it for years and I got smoked.
I was a huge fan of Uncharted 3 multiplayer. Amazing. 4 was lacking, in my opinion, compared to 3. But I still got plenty of extra value out of it rather than the no extra value I'll get from The Last of Us II.

The Crypto Guy

Jun 26, 2017
How is that odd? I'll beat the story in 1-2 days. Then won't replay it for probably a year or two.

The multiplayer in the first game was so good. I played the first Last of Us for probably 2 months straight. That's a great buy for $80.

This I can play for 1-2 days and then maybe again on the unlocked hardest difficulty (if there is one) and then it'll sit on the shelf.

My other favourite game ever, A Plague Tale: Innocence had no multiplayer. I loved the experience. Loved it. But it was still a 2-3 day experience rather than a few weeks or a couple months.

I was a huge fan of Uncharted 3 multiplayer. Amazing. 4 was lacking, in my opinion, compared to 3. But I still got plenty of extra value out of it rather than the no extra value I'll get from The Last of Us II.

1-2 days to beat a 20-30 hour game? Wow. It will take me weeks. M

Natey

GOATS
Aug 2, 2005
1-2 days to beat a 20-30 hour game? Wow. It will take me weeks. M
If it's that long, maybe 3 days.

Last of Us and Uncharted 4 took me about 13 hours each. I can't imagine this game will have that much more content to make it 20+ hours.

But even if it took me 30 hours. That's about 10% of what I played first The Last of Us for.

aleshemsky83

Apr 8, 2008
Yep, naughty dog games are all 10-15 hours, and that's including cutscenes. Like I say, I like these games, but they were always rentals to me. I've never bought one. Uncharted 4 I took out from the library since blockbuster doesn't exist anymore.

Dolemite

The one...the only...
Sponsor
May 4, 2004
Washington DC
I'll be streaming Last of Us 1 (Remastered) and Part two on my stream starting Friday at 6 PM EST if anyone is interested.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad