The Last Of Us Part II

JoVel

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2017
Well f***. That was the main thing I was looking forward to do while being stuck at home. I really don't like life right now.

JoVel

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2017
I am actually not upset by any means, I started off my original post with a LOL. I think it is more hilarious that there's a lesbo kissing scene in the middle of the game where stabbing in the throat and curb stomps with hammers are common occurrence. It's like Doom having a rainbow in the middle of the game.
I do realize I'm replying to a post from two years ago but did you play the first game? It was filled with shortlived moments of relief from the terrible world they live in. They did a masterful job with it. This thought that they only wanted to make the scene because they were gay is really foolish. Naughty Dog is the last company to let politics get in the way of making a great video game.

Reactions: Beau Knows

Oogie Boogie

Apr 9, 2011
Looks like the game is getting leaked hardcore by pissed off staff (mistreated, not getting paid, etc), so be careful. And people are furious about what they are seeing. Game apparently seems like absolute dog shit and I'm seeing a lot of people saying they aren't buying the game now from what's getting leaked.

The Crypto Guy

Jun 26, 2017
Looks like the game is getting leaked hardcore by pissed off staff (mistreated, not getting paid, etc), so be careful. And people are furious about what they are seeing. Game apparently seems like absolute dog shit and I'm seeing a lot of people saying they aren't buying the game now from what's getting leaked.
Meh, the “people” saying that are likely xbox users who obviously werent getting it to begin with.

K Fleur

Sacrifice
Mar 28, 2014
I think some people were offput by the original getting a sequel in the first place. The original game's story was closed very well.

I can't imagine the "console wars" playing too much into any negative reaction to the leaks(but I also haven’t read any of the leaks). Unless I'm missing something I thought that has been a dead meme for like 8 years. :dunno:

I'm still buying and playing this game either way.

Last edited:

Oogie Boogie

Apr 9, 2011
I hope you both end up enjoying it regardless, and yeah, be careful because the spoilers are pretty massive.

Commander Clueless

Hiya, hiya. Pleased to meetcha.
Sep 10, 2008
It's coming out June 19th too. Really keeping myself away for a lot of stuff to avoid spoilers. Luckily I don't have Twitter.

Interestingly enough, I actively went looking for the spoilers and it is very hard to find them amidst all the warnings :laugh:

I guess that means they are doing their job!

Beau Knows

Mar 4, 2013
Canada
I think it's silly to assume it's going to be bad just because the ending doesn't sound good. What really matter is how it gets there.

From the supposed leaks it certainly sounds like the game has a particular theme that leaked plot points would fit in to. It sounds bold, we'll see if they pull it off, their track record is pretty damn good.

Oogie Boogie

Apr 9, 2011
Interestingly enough, I actively went looking for the spoilers and it is very hard to find them amidst all the warnings :laugh:

I guess that means they are doing their job!
They are. I wasn't planning on getting the game until it hit the $20 mark or lower myself so I went and tried to find the leaks to see what the fuss was about. I found some of them before they were taken down and there indeed was a pretty massive spoiler in one video and a few things were revealed about other parts of the story which was .... very significant. They may still re-appear though.

aleshemsky83

Apr 8, 2008
I saw the leaks, the storyline looks good, don't know why people are upset, probably being influenced by the leaker (who apparently leaked this over a pay disputed to hurt the game)

Commander Clueless

Hiya, hiya. Pleased to meetcha.
Sep 10, 2008
They are. I wasn't planning on getting the game until it hit the $20 mark or lower myself so I went and tried to find the leaks to see what the fuss was about. I found some of them before they were taken down and there indeed was a pretty massive spoiler in one video and a few things were revealed about other parts of the story which was .... very significant. They may still re-appear though.

Personally, this is a game I have zero interest in playing. I've never been a fan of horror/zombie games at all (don't hate them, just really don't have any interest), and stealthy games are often a hard sell for me.

That said, I'm sure it will be an extremely high quality adventure game regardless whatever plot choices they make. After all, it's Naughty Dog, and the journey will be the key.

The part that impressed me the most about the first one was the characters, so I am interested to see what they do with them. I will give zero impressions from the leaks, though, just to be safe. Even with the protection of spoiler tags, I know how much this game means to some people.

Last edited:

syz

[1, 5, 6, 14]
Jul 13, 2007
TBH the spoilers all seem way more interesting than what I was expecting, which was a generic "we fridged Ellie's girlfriend and now she's real mad" plot. If anything the leaks seem way too self aware for a company that likes the smell of its own farts as much as ND.

Hammettf2b

oldmanyellsatcloud.jpg
Jul 9, 2012
So California
zkcopt4wmev41.jpg

Rabid Ranger

2 is better than one
Feb 27, 2002
Murica
TBH the spoilers all seem way more interesting than what I was expecting, which was a generic "we fridged Ellie's girlfriend and now she's real mad" plot. If anything the leaks seem way too self aware for a company that likes the smell of its own farts as much as ND.

ND will definitely check all the boxes if these rumors are true....LOL.

Carlzner

Oct 31, 2011
Denver, CO
I saw the leaks, the storyline looks good, don't know why people are upset, probably being influenced by the leaker (who apparently leaked this over a pay disputed to hurt the game)
The real reason people are "upset" is because there's a transgender character & a transgender voice actor in the production.

It's pathetic.

aleshemsky83

Apr 8, 2008
That's one of many issues.
Lol, how is that an "issue"?

Yeah, I'd heard the game had "gone woke" or "full sjw" or whatever other weird thing the internet gets worked up about these days

But I do have a friend who doesn't care about that that's upset about the actual story details. I think like wind Waker and mgs2 and other games people will warm up to the unexpected turn though. I think people (other than the rabid anti-sjw crowd) are upset the story didn't tie up the way they wanted, which seems like a wrong-headed attitude.

And it's obviously fueled by the leaker framing it as negatively as possible to try and hurt the game financially.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad