The Last Of Us Part II

Pilky01

Jan 30, 2012
GTA
I will play it when it comes out, but the original was so good and so satisfying that im not particularly hyped for the sequel. I didn't even play of the DLC.

syz

[1, 5, 6, 14]
Jul 13, 2007
Some more info coming out. Seems like it will be on 2 discs (for some reason? Wario64 seemed to confirm it but... there's no reason for any game to need more than one?) and won't have multiplayer.

Last edited:

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
Some more info coming out. Seems like it will be on 2 discs (for some reason? Wario64 seemed to confirm it but... there's no reason for any game to need more than one?) and won't have multiplayer.

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
Naughty Dog's longest game ever, meaning it will be longer than 15 hours. I hope it ends up around 30 hours at least. Probably won't but considering how long they've spent on this and the fact that they had to drop multiplayer to spend more time on single player makes me think it will be a lengthy game

TheBeastCoast

Mar 23, 2011
Dartmouth,NS
Naughty Dog's longest game ever, meaning it will be longer than 15 hours. I hope it ends up around 30 hours at least. Probably won't but considering how long they've spent on this and the fact that they had to drop multiplayer to spend more time on single player makes me think it will be a lengthy game
I would think something north of 20 hours is probably more realistic.

Reactions: Kcb12345

Trap Jesus

Feb 13, 2012
The game looks like it will be another masterpiece.
I feel like Naughty Dog has such a ridiculously high floor for how good you know the game will be. They're all similar in some way so if you haven't liked a Naughty Dog game before you probably won't like a new one, but for people that do like the Uncharted or Last of Us games, it's essentially a lay-up.

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007
I feel like Naughty Dog has such a ridiculously high floor for how good you know the game will be. They're all similar in some way so if you haven't liked a Naughty Dog game before you probably won't like a new one, but for people that do like the Uncharted or Last of Us games, it's essentially a lay-up.

Interestingly The Last of Us is the only Naughty Dog game I like.

Crash Bandicoot never compared favourably to any of its contemporaries (coming out the same year as Mario Freaking 64) and I find Uncharted to be snooze fests since they don't give the player any freedom (I hear the 4th and its DLC were a bit better). In fact I'd argue Uncharted is just a fancier Crash Bandicoot, mechanically speaking :laugh:

I suppose I never did try Jak and Daxter.

Pilky01

Jan 30, 2012
GTA
Woot! TLOU remastered free on PS+!

Haven’t played it since it launched on PS3 and beat it way back then.

Pilky01

Jan 30, 2012
GTA
Delays are pretty much always good. If it were up to me I would delay every game six months.

But this is lame...

:rolleyes:

The Crypto Guy

Jun 26, 2017
Good, now i can focus my time on FF7 (assuming it doesn't get delayed but i’m sure that does as well)

Beau Knows

Mar 4, 2013
Canada
Delays are pretty much always good. If it were up to me I would delay every game six months.

But this is lame...

:rolleyes:

What's wrong with that? He's talking about the crunch time that's prevalent in the industry. Of course the fans don't really care about that, they're just happy because they don't want the game rushed out the door, they'd rather wait 6 months for a polished product.

Pilky01

Jan 30, 2012
GTA
What's wrong with that? He's talking about the crunch time that's prevalent in the industry. Of course the fans don't really care about that, they're just happy because they don't want the game rushed out the door, they'd rather wait 6 months for a polished product.

Its virtue signalling, its lame as hell, and it is f***ing rampant in videogames. Its why games media is so insufferable.

"The audience" dont demand these games get released faster. They never have. These have always been decisions made by the developers and publishers. If anything, for years now, "the audience" has been saying "slow it down because I don't have time to play all these games".

People like this guy love to frame "the audience" as the problem with videogames. They're wrong, disingenuous, and its so f***ing tired.

/rant

Beau Knows

Mar 4, 2013
Canada
Its virtue signalling, its lame as hell, and it is ****ing rampant in videogames. Its why games media is so insufferable.

"The audience" dont demand these games get released faster. They never have. These have always been decisions made by the developers and publishers. If anything, for years now, "the audience" has been saying "slow it down because I don't have time to play all these games".

People like this guy love to frame "the audience" as the problem with videogames. They're wrong, disingenuous, and its so ****ing tired.

/rant

I didn't think that's what he was getting at, but I have no idea who is so maybe you're right.

DJ Spinoza

Aug 7, 2003
I can understand how locating the problem with "the audience" is something to be skeptical about, but it still seems important that the underlying sentiment is more widely shared now, because it results in the lives of the people who actually do the work making the games being at least a little bit better.

IMO it's an entire false trap to go down the path of either complaining about "virtue signaling" or else simply promulgating virtue signaling, although I also didn't really read the tweet in that way.

I'm more than happy to place the blame where it should lie, with the companies and the owners of the company who get rich exploiting their workers. Eat the rich.

Reactions: Beau Knows

Starry Knight

Tele-Wyatt
Jun 9, 2013
KW
Its virtue signalling, its lame as hell, and it is ****ing rampant in videogames. Its why games media is so insufferable.

People like this guy love to frame "the audience" as the problem with videogames. They're wrong, disingenuous, and its so ****ing tired.

/rant

I think the author of the tweet is aware that it's the publishers that are the real problem, but positive responses by consumers in response to delays helps devs by demonstrating delaying games is a good PR move and won't hurt the bottom line.

It shouldn't be up to consumers to ensure that devs don't have to be overworked, but it's the unfortunate reality of the industry.

Trap Jesus

Feb 13, 2012
I think the author of the tweet is aware that it's the publishers that are the real problem, but positive responses by consumers in response to delays helps devs by demonstrating delaying games is a good PR move and won't hurt the bottom line.

It shouldn't be up to consumers to ensure that devs don't have to be overworked, but it's the unfortunate reality of the industry.
Yeah, I didn't take the tweet that way at all. They go into crunch time to make the deadline and appease the consumers, but if the response to a delay is "good" I think that alleviates any concerns, even if in an ideal world that wouldn't have to be the case.

In terms of a delay being "good", I think that just depends on the developer. If Naughty Dog or CD Projekt Red or a developer with the notoriety of being a top developer delays a game, people will just be like, "They're perfecting everything.", but if Bethesda delays a game given their recent issues, people will just think the game is going to be a disaster with the delay.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad