The Kings clinch a playoff spot!

KingsHockey24

Aug 1, 2013
It's not even because I think the Oilers will beat us being the reasoning of not wanting to play em'.

I'm just genuinely bored of that team. I'd rather see Kopitar and Drew head to head against Robertson, Benn, etc.

Reactions: roccerfeller

Gjwrams

A Know Nothing Fool
Mar 4, 2019
I have zero expectations about the playoffs, whomever we play. I think the only team we match up well with is Vancouver. All others are just either bigger, meaner, dirtier or just outright have skilled players that make us look pedestrian. Like you all, I’ll be watching and rooting the boys on, but advancing to the 2nd round seems like a pipe dream. They go sputtering into the playoffs and expect them to come out like a beaten dog. Very depressing.

And worse yet, there is no path to make us better next year.

Kudelski37

Feb 19, 2021
Hart winners have 1 or 2 Cups over the last 20 years (did it last year, to troll Edmonton, didn't save file and too long to do again) same as Ross winners, The Norris and Selke winners have more than them. (it all means nothing though). Presidents Trophy winning teams are 0-20 in that span
By memory, Chicago won the President's trophy and cup in 2013.

tigermask48

Maniacal Laugh
Mar 10, 2004
R'Lyeh, Antarctica
By memory, Chicago won the President's trophy and cup in 2013.
Correct. 2001 Avalanche, 2002 Red Wings, 2008 Red Wings as well. So nothing they said is correct... There's also been a handful of teams that won the President's Trophy, lost in the playoffs, then won a year later while not having the best record. Washington, Tampa, and Colorado most recently. I imagine if someone looks into the Hart and Ross claims those are untrue as well.

ScoreZeGoals

Boooorrrrriiiinnnnng
Jun 29, 2010
I’ve never seen these boards so dead after clinching. Makes sense.
I can't remember feeling this "out" on the Kings, despite living through decades of much worse seasons. I don't see playoff success, I don't see it getting better anytime soon, and the cap is both a mess and the pipeline is one of the worst in tthe league. There is very little to be excited about

KingsHockey24

Aug 1, 2013
Vegas up 2-0 against Chicago.

It's looking more and more likely we don't have to play EDM round 1.

David Lunch

Apr 11, 2018
I can't remember feeling this "out" on the Kings, despite living through decades of much worse seasons. I don't see playoff success, I don't see it getting better anytime soon, and the cap is both a mess and the pipeline is one of the worst in tthe league. There is very little to be excited about
I feel the same. I haven’t watch the last 10 games which is crazy for me, I just have not found myself interested. I’ll certainly watch the playoffs, but I’m very much expecting a relatively quick 1st round exit. Would love to be pleasantly surprised.

I think what’s the real nutt-kicker is knowing how long it took to keep trying to keep the post-Cup teams together, then go for the rebuild, BUT ESPECIALLY then ending the rebuild about 2 years too soon and put so many unnecessary road blocks up to keep the youth developing optimally and knowing we’ve entered the event horizon of the black hole and not knowing how long we’ll be stuck here.

I really hope for a cleaning of house in upper management and player development this offseason.

KingsHockey24

Aug 1, 2013
Pierre
Lacks
Dick

(I'll bonk myself for that one.)

hiw3raosxbg61.jpg

KingsHockey24

Aug 1, 2013
I actually think Dallas is quite beatable. The only player that scares me is their goalie.

I'll take Kopitar/Danault over Joe freaking Pavelski and Matt Duchene anyday.

Also playoff Doughty>Heiskanen.

Have some faith.

Little Psycho

I solemnly swear I'm up to no good
Feb 4, 2007
Non-Yah
Its very much looking like we'll play Dallas, even tho last week the odds were the low compared to playing Vancouver or Edmonton 😐
Never tell me the odds.

One thing at a time. There’s too many scenarios.

It doesn’t matter.

The Kings are limping towards a short series regardless who they play.
Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor?

bland

Jul 1, 2004
At least Dallas won't follow the easiest blueprint known for intimidating the Kings. It would be a hockey series between two teams with similar make ups, but with a clear cut favorite.

Edmonton might lose a game early before punching the Kings in the mouth, when they would oh so predictably fall into an ultra conservative game and lose out to superior game breaking talent. Again. And again.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad