Line Combos: The Kid Line

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007
I'm fine with easing them into more minutes

If their ice-time allocation doesn't increase in the next 2 or 3 games (if their performance maintains itself) I'll start worrying about Maclean missing the boat

Sun God Nika

Palestine <3.
Apr 22, 2013
They are actually matching the infsenty of the first line, all though they are playing weaker defensive match ups.

ReginKarlssonLehner

Let's Win It All
May 3, 2010
Dubai Marina
They should be used on PP for sure.

With that being said, I still believe the Sens best chance at a deep roster is splitting that line up and inserting them in areas where they can improve the roster overall.

MacArthur-Turris-Stone
Hoffman-Zibanejad-Ryan
Michalek-Lazar-Chiasson
Legwand-Pageau-Smith

Give that a couple games, if it doesn't work, put the kid line back and don't change it ever again.

MacArthur-Turris-Ryan/Chiasson
Puempel-Zibanejad-Chiasson/Ryan
Hoffman-Lazar-Stone

Could be beautiful going forward. That 2nd line reminds me of Toffoli-Carter-Pearson in LA, not as overly dynamic but could be very consistent.

Sens Rule

Sep 22, 2005
Or double kid line:

MacArthur-Turris-Ryan
Puempel-Zibanejad-Chiasson
Hoffman-Lazar-Stone
Michalek-Legwand-Neil

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
They should be used on PP for sure.

With that being said, I still believe the Sens best chance at a deep roster is splitting that line up and inserting them in areas where they can improve the roster overall.

MacArthur-Turris-Stone
Hoffman-Zibanejad-Ryan
Michalek-Lazar-Chiasson
Legwand-Pageau-Smith

Give that a couple games, if it doesn't work, put the kid line back and don't change it ever again.

MacArthur-Turris-Ryan/Chiasson
Puempel-Zibanejad-Chiasson/Ryan
Hoffman-Lazar-Stone

Could be beautiful going forward. That 2nd line reminds me of Toffoli-Carter-Pearson in LA, not as overly dynamic but could be very consistent.

Why break up whats working I really don't understand the logic. Zibanejad and Michalek for the most part actually play well together.

Its the overuse of the Legwand Smith Neil has been the downfall of the forward group lately.

Karlsson2Turris*

Why break up whats working I really don't understand the logic. Zibanejad and Michalek for the most part actually play well together.

Its the overuse of the Legwand Smith Neil has been the downfall of the forward group lately.

Agreed, Legwand has been disappointing.

HSF

Sep 3, 2008
legwand has been good imo his line seem to get the tough assignments

the question is would you trust the kid line or zibby line to get those matchups? probably not right now.

Lenny the Lynx

Sep 20, 2008
ON
I enjoy watching this line equally as much as I hate watching the Smith-Legwand-Neil line, which is quite a bit.

BigBush*

I actually think Legwand has been decent. Seems to me the common denominator is Smith and Neil.

I missed the 3rd period of Saturdays game and just watched it. That kid line got a ton of minutes and scoring chances. It's going to stick together for a while, if not the whole season I'm pretty sure

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
Geez, they have one good game & they get a story written about them. :shakehead

Another blogger who doesn't like Smith & Neil, what a surprise, are you all the same person or do you get together? I guess you would prefer a team of small soft forwards, a figure skating team. Shouldn't you guys be writing an article about Pageau & Wideman they are doing well in Bingo, shouldn't you be calling to bring them up? :shakehead

Three rookies on the same line while exciting right now is a recipe for disaster long term in the NHL. :shakehead

God Says No

Mar 16, 2012

Another blogger who doesn't like Smith & Neil, what a surprise, are you all the same person or do you get together? I guess you would prefer a team of small soft forwards, a figure skating team. Shouldn't you guys be writing an article about Pageau & Wideman they are doing well in Bingo, shouldn't you be calling to bring them up? :shakehead

Three rookies on the same line while exciting right now is a recipe for disaster long term in the NHL. :shakehead

Actually it's 2 games where they were arguably our best line.

I think it should start sinking in that you have a view that is in the minority.

I would love to see JGP and Chris Wideman on the team. Chris could be our Torey Krug, which BTW plays on the big bad Bruins.

And I guess you were wrong that PM doesn't play two rookies on the same line as you stated a bunch of time. Well technically you were correct. It's 3 rookies on the same line. I don't see how it could be a disaster though. Please explain.

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
Actually it's 2 games where they were arguably our best line.

I think it should start sinking in that you have a view that is in the minority.

I would love to see JGP and Chris Wideman on the team. Chris could be our Torey Krug, which BTW plays on the big bad Bruins.

And I guess you were wrong that PM doesn't play two rookies on the same line as you stated a bunch of time. Well technically you were correct. It's 3 rookies on the same line. I don't see how it could be a disaster though. Please explain.
Rookies make rookie mistakes, isn't that obvious? They are fine for games here & there but it's pretty rare that they stick together for long stretches of games. I could care less that I'm in the minority, the majority have been wrong on many occasions on here. Weren't the majority wrong going into Iraq?

Wideman is a right shot which would put Karlsson, Ceci & Wideman on the right side, small & soft. So you are on record of wanting an even younger team with less experience, does this make sense? People are always comparing who our players could be like, Conacher was going to be another Martin St Louis. The AHL & the KHL are not the NHL.

Ouroboros

There is no armour against Fate
Feb 3, 2008
I'd prefer a kid line of Dziurzynski-Grant-Robinson to be honest.

God Says No

Mar 16, 2012
Rookies make rookie mistakes, isn't that obvious? They are fine for games here & there but it's pretty rare that they stick together for long stretches of games.

Yeah because veterans are infallible. That veteran Smith-Legwand-Neil line is perfect and do not make any mistakes. As long as the rookies are defensively responsible I have no issues in putting one, two or three together. Hoffman-Lazar-Stone are pretty damn good in their own end. I would even say probably better than the Legwand line.

I could care less that I'm in the minority, the majority have been wrong on many occasions on here. Weren't the majority wrong going into Iraq?

LOL, wat? That came out of left field.

Wideman is a right shot which would put Karlsson, Ceci & Wideman on the right side, small & soft. So you are on record of wanting an even younger team with less experience, does this make sense? People are always comparing who our players could be like, Conacher was going to be another Martin St Louis. The AHL & the KHL are not the NHL.

Meh I'm not concerned with the right side being smaller and softer than the left side as long as they can move the puck. And dang it, that right side could move the dang puck. You'd still have "tough" Methot, Phillips and Cowen/Boro on the left. Good balance.

BTW we wouldn't be losing much experience with Wideman replacing Gryba on the right side who's only played in total a little over one season in the NHL. Although I'd hate to take him out of the lineup as he was arguably our best D in the second half of the season. Still, I'd give Wideman some games as a looksee.

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site

The only soft plays I saw made in the Chicago game were from the Smith Neil Legwand line. Specifically Neil bailing on a forcheck when he was going to get hit. the Opposite of when Hoffman beat both guys down the ice delayed and swung the puck into the opposite corner.

Stone is not small and Lazar is certainly not soft. Hoffman works his ass off, if Smith did the same he would be the same affective player he used to be. The vets could take a page out of there book and start moving their feet.

Alex1234

Oct 14, 2014
its a no brainer

imagine if the kid line were to play the smith legwand neil line for 20 minutes
they would make circle around them lol

smith and neil have more issues in their own end then any of the kids

I bet the old line would not even finish the period:shakehead

Derivation

Jan 4, 2010
I think if we scratched Neil and put Michalek with Smith and Legwand we would have a decent checking line.

MacA-Turret-Stevenson
Chase-Zib-Greening
Hoffman-Lazar-Stone
Michalek-Legwand-Smith

Neil
Condra

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad