The Justin Schultz Sweepstakes

nikyc

Nov 16, 2011
If Edmonton picks Yakupov tomorrow chances are they get Schultz. If they pick Murray, then I think he signs with Vancouver.

Ainec

Panetta was not racist
Jun 20, 2009
If Edmonton picks Yakupov tomorrow chances are they get Schultz. If they pick Murray, then I think he signs with Vancouver.

Well if this is the thinking then it's even more obvious who Edmonton will be selecting tomorrow..

I don't think so, either way I don't see this draft effecting the outcome of his decision

FlareKnight

Jun 26, 2006
Alberta
Yeah, I think whatever his decision the draft isn't going to really matter. It is going to be interesting to see where he goes in the end though.

Hossa

Feb 27, 2002
Abroad
Visit site
Can't think of any reasons why he wouldn't pick Edm. He would be playing with a very young team who will be a powerhouse in a couple years. He loves the city apparently. He would get top 4 playing time on the blueline, plus I'm sure Edm has been really pushing for him. He would also look great playing with Klefbom:)

Source? You don't see that said very often.

Fourier

Dec 29, 2006
Waterloo Ontario
Edmonton makes sense for youth but i'm still holding hope he wants to come to his favourite/home team, the Canucks.

The bolded part is really true. Young hockey players have typically really enjoyed playing in Edmonton. The city is hockey mad, even more so than Toronto. These kids have the keys to the town but are for the most part left pretty much alone. When they are young and single, hockey dominates almost all aspects of their life in-season, so things like the weather and the isolation of the city are really not much of an issue.

Most young hockey players want to be the center of the universe so a place like Edmonton is an exciting environment to play in. The few who do not could have a tough time in town. But even then if they preform well there will be no problem.

It gets more complicated with older players who have families and no roots in the city.

Jesus Christ Horburn

Aug 22, 2008
For once, I want to see a highly sought after free agent turn down the likes of New York, Toronto, Vancouver, etc. for Edmonton. It would do wonders for their image.

LickTheEnvelope

Time to Retool... again...
Dec 16, 2008
Vancouver
For once, I want to see a highly sought after free agent turn down the likes of New York, Toronto, Vancouver, etc. for Edmonton. It would do wonders for their image.

Ya he's probably the player I hope the Canucks land the most but, to me, it wouldn't really feel like a snub if he went to the Oilers. As a young guy it would be intriguing to be on such a young squad.

TO would bug me right now, but that's only becuase of the current fued with their fans on Luongo's value.

s7ark

RIP
Jul 3, 2003
Source? You don't see that said very often.

His pre draft info listed Edmonton as his favorite city to visit. That was a while ago of course, but I doubt he has completely soured on the city since then.

Pucklington

Expat in Germany.
Mar 24, 2008
Köln
I read something about talking to Toronto Tuesday and then opening himself to offers on Wednesday.

I highly doubt that. That would have been all over TSN. Not to mention the fact that no one seems to know what is happening with Schultz.

Also, I believe that may qualify as tampering if Toronto has booked a meeting with Schultz before June 25. So basically none of this should have, or will come out until tomorrow at 5 pm.

I also read somewhere that he said he is going to sign in Edmonton.

I kid, I kid...

Mike Mike Caron

Aug 29, 2010
I doubt he goes to Toronto, there is a big logjam at the Blue line now that Riley have been added, if he choose Toronto he should be aware that there will be a lot of players he'll have to fight with for a spot.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad