The Justin Schultz Sweepstakes

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
In b4 Edmonton and it's not even close.

Guys guys...his favorite place to visit is Edmonton! Time to get the Schultz Oilers jerseys stitched up.

Trafalgar Sadge Law

Nov 8, 2007

Guys guys...his favorite place to visit is Edmonton! Time to get the Schultz Oilers jerseys stitched up.

Edmonton will be one of the leading candidates, while teams like New York, Vancouver, and Toronto are certainly in the running as well, I don't see why it's funny that Oilers fans are hoping he signs here. He likes the city, it's in Western Canada and he can be in his hometown after like a 1 hour flight, and the Oilers have a defense void and Schultz knows he can crack the lineup with ease.

Mc5RingsAndABeer

5-14-6-1
May 25, 2011

Edmonton is definitely one of the leading candidates...unless you think we should take your word over Bob McKenzie's. :shakehead

McMatthews

Sep 12, 2007
Edmonton will be one of the leading candidates, while teams like New York, Vancouver, and Toronto are certainly in the running as well, I don't see why it's funny that Oilers fans are hoping he signs here. He likes the city, it's in Western Canada and he can be in his hometown after like a 1 hour flight, and the Oilers have a defense void and Schultz knows he can crack the lineup with ease.

That being said, it will still be incredibly difficult for the Oilers to lure him away from a bigger market team like Toronto. Especially when you consider one of his good friends (Jake Gardiner) is the focal point on Toronto's blue line for the future.

The Podium

Feb 19, 2010
Toronto
If its not Anaheim its Toronto, NY, Vancouver or Edmonton IMO, and i have a strange feeling he's coming to Toronto, same feeling i had with Connolly except this addition ill welcome with open arms.

3 Minute Minor

Sep 29, 2009
I, like most will say Edmonton. Who wouldn't want to go there as a youngster? The only reason why I think Toronto has a chance is because Brian Burke drafted him in the 2nd round when he was with Anaheim. Schultz may have liked him, I don't know at all but it's the only reason why I think Toronto has a chance with him. Edmonton is the best looking team for him to go to but he has to go back to college before he can choose a team so it`s a long time until he makes a decision.

The Podium

Feb 19, 2010
Toronto
Edmonton is definitely one of the leading candidates...unless you think we should take your word over Bob McKenzie's. :shakehead

Having one of the best sources in hockey thinking Edmonton is the front runner makes it pretty easy to vote for Edmonton.

You do realize McKenzie said himself that there was no source behind this, it was just him speculating on where would be the best "fit" for him.

I’ll say the Edmonton Oilers, and we’re already breaking the Anaheim Ducks fans who still hope that he might turn out there; I don’t believe he’s going to be there. I’ll say the Edmonton Oilers. I think this Kelowna kid would be happy to play in Canada. I also think it would be great for him to grow old with guys like Ryan Nugent-Hopkins, Jordan Eberle, and Taylor Hall. He’s the missing piece of the puzzle in Edmonton, a power play quarterback.

He is making an educated guess, evaluating the pros of each team in the running, and has arbitrarily chosen Edmonton as its who he feels is the best place for him. His guess is as good as anyones.

This is as valid as saying Detroit because Aaron Ward said so or Toronto because Marc Crawford said so.

knifer

Sep 4, 2006
yk
You do realize McKenzie said himself that there was no source behind this, it was just him speculating on where would be the best "fit" for him.

He is making an educated guess, evaluating the pros of each team in the running, and has arbitrarily chosen Edmonton as its who he feels is the best place for him. His guess is as good as anyones.

This is as valid as saying Detroit because Aaron Ward said so or Toronto because Marc Crawford said so.

Get with it, Bob IS the insider.

RangerBoy

Dolan sucks!!!
Mar 3, 2002
New York
www.youtube.com
NHL execs feel the Rangers have the inside track on Schultz. Jason too. :sarcasm:

Most NHL management types feel the Rangers have the inside track to get Jason Schultz, the best. U.S. college defenceman who looks like he’ll go on the open market because it doesn’t appear he wants to sign with the Anaheim Ducks, who drafted him. “He could play with (Derek) Stepan and (Ryan) McDonagh, two former University of Wisconsin teammates,†said one NHL GM, who feels he has no shot at Schultz.

http://www.edmontonjournal.com/spor...+Habs+search+gets+underway/6392690/story.html

Jim Matheson doesn't know the kid's first name. Edmonton guy.

He can play with his college buddies. The Rangers have a need for a right handed shot on D. They have numerous players in his age group. Stepan and McDonagh love playing in New York. Two small town boys from Minnesota. He won't be looked as a saviour in New York. The Rangers have done an excellent job with their young players. Torts plays them. Very good team. McDonagh has already spoken to Schultz.

Schultz to Ryan, tell me about the Rangers

Q: Sum up what it’s like being a New York Ranger.

A: It’s an unbelievable experience, but I think it’s a unique experience just with the whole city and the way that you travel ... getting to and from the Garden is an experience in itself every day. The way they treat you here — coaching staff and the owners, the way they have meals ready for you, and all the staff at the Garden here, they make coming to the rink and everything so much more enjoyable. ... It’s a place that at this stage of my career I know I never want to leave.

Read more: http://www.nypost.com/p/sports/rang...mcdonagh_0CS9OVxNcKSuwR5hBQPscI#ixzz1uP7PepJo

Small town American Minnesota boy who went to Wisconsin.

Freudian

Clearly deranged
Jul 3, 2003
Having one of the best sources in hockey thinking Edmonton is the front runner makes it pretty easy to vote for Edmonton.

Except that's not what Bob McKenzie said. It was part of the segment The Quiz on TSN where they had to pick one of four possible answers. Most of the more attractive UFA destinations were not an option.

Mc5RingsAndABeer

5-14-6-1
May 25, 2011
That being said, it will still be incredibly difficult for the Oilers to lure him away from a bigger market team like Toronto. Especially when you consider one of his good friends (Jake Gardiner) is the focal point on Toronto's blue line for the future.

Another big market (NYR) also has Stepan and McDonagh who were on the team before. I don't know if they were friends or not but I've seen articles making that connection.

That being said, NYR is absolutely stacked at defense (and they are young too) so I don't know if he'd want to go there.

HockeyGuruPitka

Jan 27, 2010
Toronto
I have no clue like the rest of us... but i can say people around here would be majorly PO'D if he landed in Toronto... Not to mention his value and pottential would drastically drop ... lol (DuckJet would have a heart attack)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad