Post-Game Talk: The Juggernaut vs Fred Flinstone: Caps @ Isles 7:07PM (mod note in OP, all read)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Coldplay619

Oct 17, 2010
Mike Vogel ‏@VogsCaps 44m44 minutes ago
Ovechkin had two goals/two assists vs. TB on 12/18. Since then, has 21 goals, one assist, five GWGs and five multi-goal games in 24 games.

tumblr_m81rt22CF01qci7aeo1_500.gif

4thTierSport

Feb 15, 2009
Disagree. I thought 19-77 had a much heavier forecheck paired with 65 and each had shots. I love Ovie, of course, but unless he's throwing a big hit, he's soft along the boards and on the cycles.
Again, small sample size but the results were the same. There were a total of 4 shots from 65/19/77 line. Williams alone matched that total. By all means give it more games, but I don't think you're going to see too much of a drastic change from those numbers with the exception of Burt's SoG.

Calicaps

NFA
Aug 3, 2006
Almost Canada
Again, small sample size but the results were the same. There were a total of 4 shots from 65/19/77 line. Williams alone matched that total. By all means give it more games, but I don't think you're going to see too much of a drastic change from those numbers with the exception of Burt's SoG.

Fair enough, though to me it's less about comparing them with Williams or whoever as it is about comparing them to themselves when playing with 8. I suspect their numbers were better in that context, but yes, sample size and all that.

BobRouse

Mar 18, 2009
Crazy how much Wilson drives the Islanders players and fans crazy. They hate him so very much. They would LOVE to have him deep down inside.

He's like a Matt Martin and Brad Marchand mix. I don't think I've ever seen someone I'd consider a "true heavyweight" agitate this much. Usually they are more "passive" in the agitator role.

marcel snapshot

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 15, 2005
Wilson was absolutely masterful last night at keeping the Isles off-kilter. His disruptive feistiness was at Hunter-like levels. And the subtle move of pulling Hickey by the stick into the boards just cuz Hickey was thinking of trying to run him - that was cagey beyond his years

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad