Post-Game Talk: The Juggernaut vs Fred Flinstone: Caps @ Isles 7:07PM (mod note in OP, all read)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jacoby4HOF66

Pull my finger
Mar 13, 2009
What a shot.

**** off B-Isles. :handclap:

Glad it didn't go to a shoot out, shouldn't have gone to OT. Caps dominated play. Deserved the win.

Capsman

Nov 21, 2008
Well deserved, especially after the missed Kuzy call. I thought for sure we were going to lose.

Jun 15, 2007
Doesn't look like Nicky touched it.

I think Kuz dove, but whatever. There was cause for a too many men call moments before that.

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
If you dont see the puck - keep ur position. He didnt and thats why they're heading to OT.

Not really. He picked up visual of the puck through the screen when it was on the way, moved to stop it, and it was deflected the other direction. Go back and watch in slow motion to see this happening. 1:44 or so left in the game.

Moot point now. Caps win.

twabby

Mar 9, 2010
So that's about as good a team performance as I've seen in a while. Keep the lines in tact please.

Holtbyisms

Matt Irwin is a legit talent
Jul 1, 2012
Bedford, PA
Haha nice win! Loved how with a minute to go, after just giving up the tying goal ovi looks like he's having a laugh with trotz on the bench. Very loose team, love it.

Also Willy ruined hickeys week lol...in his face at every opportunity. He was fantastic tonight!

hockeykicker

Dec 3, 2014
So that's about as good a team performance as I've seen in a while. Keep the lines in tact please.

i didnt get to see game, but i heard for a little bit it was back to normal lines in second period. heard they did well on both ways

troyerlaw

Life is party again
Dec 13, 2010
Los Angeles
Was impressed with Orlov and Bura tonite. Skated great, carried puck well. Bura was good maintaining possession in O-zone and eating up clock in 3rd. 19 played key part on 2 goals. The roster is deep.

Too bad ovie didnt get the one which clanged off post in OT. An OT winner for hatty woulda sparked good celly.

Caps played very well. Not perfect, but still really strong.

Got to get better at the 5-on-3s. Seems like we dont convert those as often as you'd expect, with playmakers like 19, 92 and 90 at our disposal.

74 doesn't feed Ovie correctly on PP. Too often puck is bouncing or in his skates or on the backhand even.

Good game, boys.

twabby

Mar 9, 2010
There are a few teams I don't want to see in the first round (Pittsburgh and Tampa in particular). I wouldn't mind seeing the Islanders at all.

Also Schmidt looked bad. I'd really like to see Orlov take his spot for one game even though Orlov-Orpik have been a good duo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad