NFL: The Josh McDaniels sweepstakes (?) are underway

BackToTheBrierePatch

Justice for Cricket
Feb 19, 2003
Concord, New Hampshire
I'm not a Broncos fan at all, but Tebow had me watching every Broncos game. I was blown away at how terrible he was, and I also enjoyed watching teams **** their pants against that stupid gimmick. Watching Tebow struggle to complete the simplest pass was wonderful entertainment. The playoff game against the Steelers was hilarious when they let Tebow beat them deep. Sadly, the Tebow circus was strangled to death by Belichick.

that game was the typical Tomlin special

DangleCity

Jun 23, 2016
I'm ready for someone new. I want McDaniels gone.

And I really don't want him to replace Belichick someday.
Its easy to say now you want someone else. Id take him over just about anyone as OC. I think he got the most of this offense considering the personel and injuries they had

DangleCity

Jun 23, 2016
It would be a very Browns thing to do.
McDaniels may not end up being the right guy, but actually having your coach and GM on the same page would actually be smart and the anti browns thing to do.

Hasbro

Family Friend
Sponsor
Apr 1, 2004
South Rectangle
McDaniels may not end up being the right guy, but actually having your coach and GM on the same page would actually be smart and the anti browns thing to do.
Citing precedent.

During his last stop he got who was supposed to be an independent GM fired in a couple months, went into the off season totally unprepared and had a figurehead GM who was being fattened up as scapegoat before he himself got the axe.

His cronyism puts Marty Schottenheimer to shame. The most egregious example being hiring his little brother who was an assistant high school football coach to be the QB coach.

Troy McClure

Suter will never be scratched
Mar 12, 2002
South of Heaven
Citing precedent.

During his last stop he got who was supposed to be an independent GM fired in a couple months, went into the off season totally unprepared and had a figurehead GM who was being fattened up as scapegoat before he himself got the axe.

His cronyism puts Marty Schottenheimer to shame. The most egregious example being hiring his little brother who was an assistant high school football coach to be the QB coach.
The Browns have also watched a number of internal coach and GM battles over the past decade or so lead to a number of early departures. A lot of this obviously falls on bad leadership from Lerner/Haslams, but some of it comes down to failing to hire people who are on the same page.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
So much for the sweepstakes. Down to one now and if he doesn't get that job, it's back to a Pats team that might not have Brady. I'm sure he'll get a job somewhere eventually and that could even happen in a few days but teams may no longer be throwing themselves at him.

pockets

Thank you, Bill!
Aug 12, 2003
Green Mountain
So much for the sweepstakes. Down to one now and if he doesn't get that job, it's back to a Pats team that might not have Brady. I'm sure he'll get a job somewhere eventually and that could even happen in a few days but teams may no longer be throwing themselves at him.
Honestly, I think if McDaniels doesn’t get the Cleveland job it increases the likelihood of Brady staying in NE. If Belichick is willing to actually give Brady some guarantees that he’ll have better weapons next year and McDaniels is still there then I think all this talk of leaving will be much ado about nothing.

Hasbro

Family Friend
Sponsor
Apr 1, 2004
South Rectangle
The Browns have also watched a number of internal coach and GM battles over the past decade or so lead to a number of early departures. A lot of this obviously falls on bad leadership from Lerner/Haslams, but some of it comes down to failing to hire people who are on the same page.
In this case it would be compounding the error of hiring McDaniels in the first place.

It would be shame to deprive the Pats of the fate they deserve and have McDaniels take over. He is really the Ken Bianchi to Belichick’s Angelo Buono.

What’s the deal with DePodesta now? Was he sidelined under Dorsey and back in prominence as it appears?

Troy McClure

Mar 12, 2002
South of Heaven
In this case it would be compounding the error of hiring McDaniels in the first place.

It would be shame to deprive the Pats of the fate they deserve and have McDaniels take over. He is really the Ken Bianchi to Belichick’s Angelo Buono.

What’s the deal with DePodesta now? Was he sidelined under Dorsey and back in prominence as it appears?
I think some media people are making more of this than is really there. Even before Dorsey, DePodesta wasn’t the GM. He was always more like a big picture consultant. He was involved with the coach search that lead to them promoting Kitchens. He was at every game even when Dorsey was GM. He certainly now has a bigger say with Dorsey gone, but it’s hard to say how involved he will be once the new coach and GM get hired. He might well disappear to the background again after those jobs are filled.

Hasbro

Family Friend
Sponsor
Apr 1, 2004
South Rectangle
I think some media people are making more of this than is really there. Even before Dorsey, DePodesta wasn’t the GM. He was always more like a big picture consultant. He was involved with the coach search that lead to them promoting Kitchens. He was at every game even when Dorsey was GM. He certainly now has a bigger say with Dorsey gone, but it’s hard to say how involved he will be once the new coach and GM get hired. He might well disappear to the background again after those jobs are filled.
Which would make sense given his cultification, but it sounds l8ke he’s semi-retired from your description.

Troy McClure

Mar 12, 2002
South of Heaven
Which would make sense given his cultification, but it sounds l8ke he’s semi-retired from your description.
He’s more of an advisor or big picture guy. He still lives in California and never made going into the office an every day thing for the Browns.

Hasbro

Family Friend
Sponsor
Apr 1, 2004
South Rectangle
Looks like it’s back to NE for McDaniels.

giphy.gif

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad