NFL: The Josh McDaniels sweepstakes (?) are underway

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Even if McDaniels stuck with the Colts, he would’ve followed Andrew Luck out the door anyways. He didn’t take the job in part because he got a raise but also didn’t trust Luck to play

Hasbro

Family Friend
Sponsor
Apr 1, 2004
South Rectangle
Even if McDaniels stuck with the Colts, he would’ve followed Andrew Luck out the door anyways. He didn’t take the job in part because he got a raise but also didn’t trust Luck to play
Well he did TAKE the Colts job. :sarcasm:

Troy McClure

Suter will never be scratched
Mar 12, 2002
South of Heaven
Or his disastrous stint with the Broncos.

This is the guy who traded up for Tebow.
I'm not a Broncos fan at all, but Tebow had me watching every Broncos game. I was blown away at how terrible he was, and I also enjoyed watching teams shit their pants against that stupid gimmick. Watching Tebow struggle to complete the simplest pass was wonderful entertainment. The playoff game against the Steelers was hilarious when they let Tebow beat them deep. Sadly, the Tebow circus was strangled to death by Belichick.

DangleCity

Jun 23, 2016
I would bet that he had info on the Luck situation and that was the deciding factor.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
I would bet that he had info on the Luck situation and that was the deciding factor.

When Frank Reich was interviewed, which was after McDaniels walked away, he was supposedly the only one never to ask about Luck’s status. But at that point it’s the injury, not retirement.

Tuggy

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2003
Saint John

giphy.gif

Hasbro

Family Friend
Sponsor
Apr 1, 2004
South Rectangle
Because only the Colts care about that.
Major character concerns with his two Head Coaching gigs and Belichick assistants being bad a bet, but got to get back on that horse!:thumbu:

It'll suck if he ends up in the NFC. Ideally I'd like him taking over the Pats or in the AFC Central, but with an in conference team it means one less playoff contender.

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
He’s sick at calling trick plays and infuriating 75% of the time

wouldn’t mind fresh blood there for the pats. Especially if this is Brady’s last season with them

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
If I was him I'd stay with the Pats until a better than terrible team comes calling. Being a HC for these perennial bottom feeders is generally career suicide if he has ambitions of being a HC for the rest of his career.

BKIslandersFan

F*** off
Sep 29, 2017
Brooklyn
If I was him I'd stay with the Pats until a better than terrible team comes calling. Being a HC for these perennial bottom feeders is generally career suicide if he has ambitions of being a HC for the rest of his career.
This is a thing though, what GOOD team goes out and fire their HC?

I mean it happens, but it is VERY rare.

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
This is a thing though, what GOOD team goes out and fire their HC?

I mean it happens, but it is VERY rare.

Stay patient and look for a team that is on the verge of being very good.

I'd stay away from coaching Dallas because you don't have full control as a HC there.

To be honest I think that's exactly the way McDaniels is thinking anyway, because he's turned down several HC opportunities before, and looks pretty smart in hindsight in almost every case.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad