The Joe Rogan Podcast Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

PK Cronin

Bailey Fan Club Prez
Feb 11, 2013
There have always been instagram lifters that use fake weights to make themselves look better, but the Cuomo fake weight story is just weird. It was always obvious the weights were fake, so glad Rogan has revisited it. I've never understood the mentality of someone using fake weights.

As someone who isn't a fan of Chris Cuomo at all, the original thing was obviously a gag and I'm not sure why anyone took it seriously.

Reactions: member 51464

holy

2023-2024 Cup CHamps
May 22, 2017
I’m loving this Ye podcast. I love hearing some stream of consciousness type thoughts on everything, my mind works the same way.

A lot of it is very basic thoughts, but I’m excited to see him keep working on them. It’s crystallizing more and more, but I can see why a lot of people are gonna hate this.

“It’s not a rant, it’s a symphony of ideas.”

50 mins in and I gotta take a breather fr.

Last edited:

Stylizer1

SENSimillanaire
Jun 12, 2009
Ottabot City
Rogan keeps asking Jones for proof throughout this episode. He does provide some but he is all over the place.

Bohemian Grove though. lol

Last edited:

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
Let's see, over 7 million doses and 11 people got sick.

Pretty sure the anti-maskers would say those are pretty good odds, 1 of every 700,000?

Keep the tinfoil army marching.
WHO risk assessment
WHO assesses the risk of further international spread of cVDPV2 across central Africa and the Horn of Africa to be high. With large-scale population movements with other areas of central Africa and the Horn of Africa. A more thorough region-wide risk assessment is being conducted by the polio program. Across the African continent, 172 type 2 cases in 14 countries have been reported in 2020.

I'm far from an anti-vaxxer, but this is the problem that people have when it comes to Jones. Vast majority of the time, he is a crazy uncle that is all over the place. He's someone that I don't even find interesting, the car wreck effect wears off pretty quickly. There are cases where he brings up correct information, this specific instance being one of them.

It's just a reason why vaccines have to be thoroughly tested, and why they shouldn't be blindly taken, at the same time, they shouldn't be blindly avoided either.

Stylizer1

SENSimillanaire
Jun 12, 2009
Ottabot City
I'm far from an anti-vaxxer, but this is the problem that people have when it comes to Jones. Vast majority of the time, he is a crazy uncle that is all over the place. He's someone that I don't even find interesting, the car wreck effect wears off pretty quickly. There are cases where he brings up correct information, this specific instance being one of them.

It's just a reason why vaccines have to be thoroughly tested, and why they shouldn't be blindly taken, at the same time, they shouldn't be blindly avoided either.
Everything requires a level of interest in order to get to the truth. It's far too easy to dismiss something from the start when it goes against what you believe.

Jones says far too much stuff to research and exaggerates a lot but it doesn't mean there is no truth to it.

Gordon Lightfoot

Hey Dotcom. Nice to meet you.
Sponsor
Feb 3, 2009
Everything requires a level of interest in order to get to the truth. It's far too easy to dismiss something from the start when it goes against what you believe.

Jones says far too much stuff to research and exaggerates a lot but it doesn't mean there is no truth to it.

If he wants to be taken seriously, maybe he shouldn't exaggerate. But I guess there's money in controversy. That's my assumption for why Alex Jones continues to be a thing.

Sep 19, 2008
It's hilarious how the perception of Rogan has changed so starkly from "He's a good dude speaking his mind" to "He's an ass" after he invited all those [REDACTED] people on of certain political persuasion.

I would hardly consider Rogan a radical threat to society. That being said he should probably watch who he puts on his show. Maybe he just doesn't care.

Legend Leinonen

Apr 8, 2016
Finland
Alex Jones is one of the few reasonably sane people in our times. And I'm not saying he is not crazy; because rest for sure, he is. But he is still more sane than vast majority of the sheeplings.

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
It's hilarious how the perception of Rogan has changed so starkly from "He's a good dude speaking his mind" to "He's an ass" after he invited all those [REDACTED] people on of certain political persuasion.

I would hardly consider Rogan a radical threat to society. That being said he should probably watch who he puts on his show. Maybe he just doesn't care.
He's never cared because he'd never tried to be what people think he is. He's always said he's done this because it was fun and he's got to meet and talk to interesting people, viewers have just gravitated towards it over time, he never expected to become the biggest podcast on the market.

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
Glenn Greenwald was on today, I've been waiting for this one since it was listed as an upcoming guest.

The election night podcast is sure to annoy some, but I'll at least watch the clips with Kyle Kulinski and Alex Jones. Curious to see those 2 interact.

silkyjohnson50

Jan 10, 2007
He's never cared because he'd never tried to be what people think he is. He's always said he's done this because it was fun and he's got to meet and talk to interesting people, viewers have just gravitated towards it over time, he never expected to become the biggest podcast on the market.
With great powers comes great responsibility.

It may not be what he intended when he began, but it is what it is now.

He has a huge platform. He can’t just proclaim “I’m an idiot, don’t get political advice from me or my podcast” to his audience with the guests he has on.

I also take issue with his Biden has dementia stance.

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
With great powers comes great responsibility.

It may not be what he intended when he began, but it is what it is now.

He has a huge platform. He can’t just proclaim “I’m an idiot, don’t get political advice from me or my podcast” to his audience with the guests he has on.

I also take issue with his Biden has dementia stance.
It's only that way in the eyes of the people that don't like him and have generally never liked him or never knew who he was.

I've just always found it fascinating that people want to hold him to a higher standard than actual journalistic institutions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad