The Jiri Sekac Thread

Habit11

Dec 18, 2009
The bottom 6 has 3 goals this year. Eller 2 and Sekac 1. He's out why exactly?

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
The bottom 6 has 3 goals this year. Eller 2 and Sekac 1. He's out why exactly?

An ineffective bottom 6 makes it easier for teams to shut down the top 6. Sekac was way more effective than most current bottom sixers.

bcv

My french sucks.
Sep 18, 2010
Sekac = 1 goal in 6 games
Bourque + Weise + Malhotra + Moen + Prust = 0 goals in 54 games

mustardnight*

Aug 11, 2011
But he accomplishes half as much.

He doesn't check, doesn't fight and can't skate well. He's playing scared out there and he's clearly lost his fire.

Lol well Moen ain't the guy that needs scratching though. He does check.

Moen has been a trooper - I would much rather scratch guy under performing than replacing a guy who is a decent cog on a fourth line. Sekac ain't replacing Moen to play in his spot.

CupInSIX

My cap runneth over
Jul 1, 2012
Alphaville
I say wait a bit longer, then put him back in the lineup with as much pressure to perform as possible. Then replace him with Weise.

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
I say wait a bit longer, then put him back in the lineup with as much pressure to perform as possible. Then replace him with Weise.

Well we can play him on either wing starting with the 4th.
If he can get a goal out of that group we jump him to the first forever. :sarcasm:

Smokey Thompson

May 8, 2013
Like I just said in the lines thread...

Canadiens GOals per game..
With Sekac: 3.3 GPG
Without Sekac: 1.5 GPG

Probably because despite what many, including Therrien, thought, the 3rd line of Bourque-Eller-Sekac was actually playing very good hockey before being dismantled. They were getting tough matchups and taking the bulk of our dzone faceoffs all while winning possession and outchancing their opponents by a fair margin.

They created an opportunity for the top 2 lines to play offensive roles against inferior opponents, thus allowing them to produce. It didn't matter that the 3rd line wasn't producing, they had a positive impact on the team.

It seemed like Therrien knew this when he responded to a question about Eller's +/- saying they didn't care much about that stat. Two days later he dismantles the line...

Suzuki x 14

GoHabsGo
Mar 14, 2006
Montreal
Probably because despite what many, including Therrien, thought, the 3rd line of Bourque-Eller-Sekac was actually playing very good hockey before being dismantled. They were getting tough matchups and taking the bulk of our dzone faceoffs all while winning possession and outchancing their opponents by a fair margin.

They created an opportunity for the top 2 lines to play offensive roles against inferior opponents, thus allowing them to produce. It didn't matter that the 3rd line wasn't producing, they had a positive impact on the team.

It seemed like Therrien knew this when he responded to a question about Eller's +/- saying they didn't care much about that stat. Two days later he dismantles the line...

Agreed 100% and since he came out, top 2 lines have been putrid

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
Or something as simple and stupid as Therrien can't pronounce his name. :laugh::laugh:

Last edited by a moderator:

Fazkovsky

Sep 4, 2013
Because we are about to sign artem Panarin. Joke. We shud put sekac in we didn't need moen toughness much

Bourne Endeavor

Apr 6, 2009
Montreal, Quebec
Moen has nothing to do with Sekac. Do you really want a skilled guy like Sekac on the fourth line? That's where Moen is. He's a FOURTH LINE WING.

Complain about Bourque over Sekac. That actually makes sense.

Yes, but sitting Moen would hopefully lead to Weise going back to the fourth line and thus opening up a top nine spot for Sekac.

or Therrien is a moron that plays Sekac on a grinding lining to justify sitting him again. Sigh...

mobifree

Cellphone Unlocker
Jul 18, 2011
Toronto
www.mobifree.net
Yes, but sitting Moen would hopefully lead to Weise going back to the fourth line and thus opening up a top nine spot for Sekac.

or Therrien is a moron that plays Sekac on a grinding lining to justify sitting him again. Sigh...

I think Moen's positive effect on the PK is greater than Weise's potential impact on the PK.

Assuming Weise is on the 4th line with Sekac back, how much impact of an would he really have with Prust and Malhotra, and how significant of a difference would that be from what Moen already "brings" on the 4the line?

habtastic

Aug 17, 2007
Montrealer in Boston
Cuz his dad spilled coffee all over some seats at the BC.

Him and Bournival should absolutely be playing. The latter I find is so underrated. Anyone have any HD links to 24CH for download? Maybe I can find some clues.

Grant McCagg

@duhduhduh
Dec 13, 2010
Sekac has learned all he can learn at the NHL level..Moen on the other hand..the sky's the limit with his potential..he has to play.

This is unfortunately starting to look politically motivated..as the best players aren't playiing. It HAS to be that Moen and or Bork are being showcased (and piss poorly I might add)....a least I hope so. Surely the management doesn't think Moen and Bourque have played better than Sekac did. He made very few mistakes, came back hard, played well positionally, made smart passes and safe ones in his own zone, skates well, good along the boards, good size and (not afraid to throw a hit. He is only going to get better (as long as he plays).

He scores a goal and after one more game he sits...because he was on the ice for a goal against in a win?

he club went 5-1 with him in the lineup...3-2-1 without him.....even though Therrien said at the time Sekac was going to sit out ONE game to watch the game from the stands and get a different perspective. Far as I can tell the only thing he's truly discovered in the press box is that he shouldn't be there.

Last edited:

Markov4Captain

Dec 29, 2009
Montreal, QC
I'm praying that the day Sekac and Bournival are inserted into the lineup they both score 2 goals, further emphasizing Therrien's idiocy.

Moen isn't playing badly. It's just that Bournival could do a BETTER job than Moen or Prust. Ditto with Sekac and Bourque.

MB had to physically remove Bouillon from the organization so that Therrien would stop playing him. As long as the likes of Moen, Prust, Bourque are still on this roster, the rookies are in for a tough season.

CanadienShark

Dec 18, 2012
Cuz his dad spilled coffee all over some seats at the BC.

Him and Bournival should absolutely be playing. The latter I find is so underrated. Anyone have any HD links to 24CH for download? Maybe I can find some clues.

Agreed. Bournival is stupidly underrated by both Habs fans, and non-Habs fans.

otto bond

Jan 8, 2007
Sekac has learned all he can learn at the NHL level..Moen on the other hand..the sky's the limit with his potential..he has to play.

This is unfortunately starting to look politically motivated..as the best players aren't playiing. It HAS to be that Moen and or Bork are being showcased (and piss poorly I might add)....a least I hope so. Surely the management doesn't think Moen and Bourque have played better than Sekac did. He made very few mistakes, came back hard, played well positionally, made smart passes and safe ones in his own zone, skates well, good along the boards, good size and (not afraid to throw a hit. He is only going to get better (as long as he plays).

He scores a goal and after one more game he sits...because he was on the ice for a goal against in a win?

he club went 5-1 with him in the lineup...3-2-1 without him.....even though Therrien said at the time Sekac was going to sit out ONE game to watch the game from the stands and get a different perspective. Far as I can tell the only thing he's truly discovered in the press box is that he shouldn't be there.

I think that there is interest for Bourque. While not being great, Bourque is playing ok. Add that he's had good PO showing and last year being a real good one. Moen is a harder sell but can be done.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad